Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 03:23 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Trump is proof that America really wasn't ready for an African-American President.
Then why was Obama reelected?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 06:50 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Spygate is a New England Patriots cheating scandal. The FBI investigated the Trump campaign and found enough evidence to bring indictments, with more to come.
Let us know when they charge someone with colluding with the Russians, like they claimed to spy on the opposing party's presidential campaign.

It's been almost two years, and still nothing.

Old 05-25-2018, 06:53 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,281,298 times
The country wouldn't be so divided if everyone would come to their senses and vote for Republicans.

Old 05-25-2018, 07:42 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,810,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
It's absolutely how strong the hatred in this country is right now towards anybody not white, straight, and fundamentalist Christian. As a gay man, it's personal because the reason people love Trump is their deep, seething hatred towards me and inability to accept the SCOTUS ruling that I have the right to get married. I have come to despise the church and I don't know how anybody can take it seriously now. I never thought I would live to see a time like this, especially only eight years after we elected Obama as President.

I'm not fundamentalist Christian so maybe that helps but yes it's kinda personal in my neck of the woods..just in a different way. People who don't value people who have different brain wiring often support Trump (I say often because I know other groups do this too but I see it even more with the type of people that support Trump). They don't like anybody who is different which is an odd concept because I know people will tell you everyone is unique in a certain way but I mean different in the sense that you're an alien. If you're part of a minority group they want nothing to do with you.

In some cases they pretend they do. For instance with race they probably often pretend because they don't want to be thought of as racist. It's the same way being differently abled they pretend to be on the side of people like me but the reality is they aren't. If they were they would not be ignoring the things that he has said.
It doesn't really matter to me in a way. It's not like it's anything new and really I don't care what people think especially about myself. I hurt myself before anyone else can hurt me. Also if they don't care about me then I don't care about them so we're even but they should know they could easily avoid all this by being open minded and understanding. The issue I have is the possible policies.

You guys have come a long way though. I know it already seems like it's happening but I don't see how Trump and his team are able to push all your progress back. They might want to but I don't see how they can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies