Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 09:10 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
So, how is Obama's "legacy" coming along?.
He was responsible for ordering and overseeing the US Special Forces raid that killed Osama Bin Laden, the man behind the worst terrorist attack in American history. No matter how hard POTUS 45 tries, Obama will forever be known as the POTUS who got Osama. Something Trump will never be able to undo.

Also, regardless of what your politics are or your opinions of him may be, Barack Obama made history. When he took office in 2008, he was the first African-American man to ever hold office. 50 years before 2008, Barack Obama would have had to enter most American establishments through the back door. in 2008, he became the leader of the free world. Quite a feat and kudos to him for breaking down that barrier. I never in my lifetime thought we would see a minority president, very cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 09:12 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama's approach to gov't was that he can do anything he wants using his phone and his pen. The problem with this laziness of Obama and the whole liberal bubble itself. It can't be bothered to persuade; that's too hard and really beneath the dignity of the members of a ruling class. So it resorts to lies and bullying and executive orders.

Let's put the question in another way. Why would a president go to the work and the trouble of getting bipartisan Congressional consensus to pass bills? I will tell you why. Because executive actions unsupported by legislation and bipartisan majorities can be reversed on January 21 on the year following a presidential election.

By Obama governing by phone and pen in a mad dash to implement every item on the liberal agenda before the clock strikes the end of the current liberal hour, he is set his supporters up for a demoralizing rout. And then there's you, blaming it on race. Duh!

If you can't understand this, you're too far gone.
Everyone knows the Republican party determined to oppose every single thing Obama did the night of his inauguration. Everyone knows the Republican party incorporated HUNDREDS of amendments into the health care bill only to vote against it because McConnell told them too. Everyone knows that the same Republican party that stole a SCOTUS nomination for Obama will scream bloody murder when Democrats do the same to them.

Want to talk about Executive Orders?

Trump is on pace to sign more executive orders than any president in the last 50 years
https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/polit...ers/index.html

But that is okay because it's Trump. Trump promised the country everyone would get health coverage and the government would pay for it. I see no Trump supporters complaining about that broken promise or any of the hundreds of other Trump lies.

Everyone knows that Trump has golfed more, vacationed more, campaigned on taxpayer money more, hired more swamp creatures, protected more swamp creatures, leaked more, lied more, increased the debt more, all while working to destroy the environment by rolling back numerous environmental protections and hiding reports showing that toxic chemicals are in the water in numerous locations.

They are fine with all of this because it's Trump, the guy that tells them that whites are being oppressed.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:15 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump and his supporters are pathologically obsessed with "erasing the black man" because how dare Obama be elected in the first place. Trump ran on Obama hatred as he primal screamed his way on to every camera calling Obama a Muslim Kenyan. Trump supporters have a tendency to be older and they could not believe a black man was elected as president of the United States. That's when the claims that whites were being oppressed took hold.

Trump supporters, being older, don't care about things like what Trump is doing to the environment, rolling back every environmental protection, increasing car pollution, drilling on previously protected lands and oceans and hiding reports showing our water is becoming poisonously filled with chemicals, just to start. They figure they won't be around for the result, so who cares.

Trump supporters, being older, don't care if Trump's backdoor moves against health care result in increased health coverage costs for millions and letting Republicans take coverage away from millions more through moves within states. They are on Medicare, having only paid a third of the costs for the benefits they receive. Sure, we supplement their coverage with our own tax dollars, but they'll hate us while taking our money because we dared to elect a black man.

Have we ever seen a party so obsessed with "erasing a previous president's legacy"? Ever? No. Bush left office extremely unpopular, yet no one said that. But because a black man was elected, Trump and his supporters have been as hatefully obsessed with Obama's legacy as Orly Taitz was with Obama's birth certificate.

History will reflect that Republican racial hatred is what elected Trump as their final act of defiance before Trump's generation passed. No, not every senior is an angry Republican Trump supporter, but that is the majority of his base.
This pretty much says it all. The world as a whole is going to be much improved once these old white people, who cannot abide the changing culture where minorities and women have a place at the table, but want to keep us firmly planted in the regressive 1950s instead, are gone. The world will move on and be better off without them and their myopic view of the new world we live in.

Trump just tapped into this dying, old world, racist, mysogynetic demographic and milked it for whatever power it had left, but that power is, thankfully, waning. It can't happen soon enough.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:18 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:

Trump is on pace to sign more executive orders than any president in the last 50 years
https://www.cnn.com/2017/10/13/polit...ers/index.html
Ok CNN, so I'll have to research that. Either way, if it's true, then Trumps policies can be overturned when a liberal gets into office. Should I scream anti-white like you scream racism if that happens lol

Old 05-20-2018, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
This pretty much says it all. The world as a whole is going to be much improved once these old white people, who cannot abide the changing culture where minorities and women have a place at the table, but want to keep us firmly planted in the regressive 1950s instead, are gone. The world will move on and be better off without them and their myopic view of the new world we live in.

Trump just tapped into this dying, old world, racist, mysogynetic demographic and milked it for whatever power it had left, but that power is, thankfully, waning. It can't happen soon enough.
It's really too bad too. This older generation could have had a much better legacy and reputation but they've destroyed it.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Ok CNN, so I'll have to research that. Either way, if it's true, then Trumps policies can be overturned when a liberal gets into office. Should I scream anti-white like you scream racism if that happens lol
I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for signing so many Executive Orders and not "persuading Congress". I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for costing the country so much money on vacations, golfing, security costs, hiring his family, pay to play, increasing the national debt, campaigning on taxpayer money and broken promises on health coverage.

Yes, Trump's policies will be overturned, but many of his policies will have lasting damage to the environment and the economy.

"In economic policy, Obama’s slow winnowing of the deficit even in times of sluggish growth has been completely reversed. We too easily forget that the biggest accomplishment of Trump’s term in office so far — a massive increase in debt in a time of robust economic growth — is the inverse of Obama’s studied sense of fiscal responsibility. Nothing in modern fiscal history can match Trump’s recklessness..."

"On the environment, the issue I suspect that will loom far, far larger in retrospect, Obama used his executive regulatory powers in an attempt to nudge and coax the economy away from carbon. Almost all of that regulation has now gone out the window, thanks to Scott Pruitt’s diligent fanaticism."

"The “peace plan” is essentially a way to force Palestinians into ever tighter Bantustans in an ever-more theocratic and authoritarian Jewish state. And the U.S. withdrawal from the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action has more deeply entangled the U.S. in the Muslim religious war, by throwing in our lot completely with the Sunnis. We are now committed to a permanent presence in Iraq and Afghanistan, if only to resist Iran’s proxies and the Taliban."

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...destroyed.html

Old 05-20-2018, 09:26 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for signing so many Executive Orders and not "persuading Congress". I'm waiting for the same complaints against Trump for costing the country so much money on vacations, golfing, security costs, hiring his family, pay to play, increasing the national debt, campaigning on taxpayer money and broken promises on health coverage.
All of those things are just fine--as long as it's a white Republican who is doing them, and not some uppity black man, or any other Democrat, for that matter.

Amazing how there is one set of rules for white Republicans and another, entirely different set of rules for anyone who isn't a white Republican.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:33 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
All of those things are just fine--as long as it's a white Republican who is doing them, and not some uppity black man, or any other Democrat, for that matter.

Amazing how there is one set of rules for white Republicans and another, entirely different set of rules for anyone who isn't a white Republican.
Well said. Trump tweeted 27 times about Obama playing golf while 44 was still president. His supporters ate it up.

Now here we are under Trump's presidency, and he's played more golf, spent more time at golf resorts, and spent more taxpayer money on travel to and from golf properties in the first 16 months than Obama did in his first 6 years.

When confronted about their hypocrisy, most Trump supporters say "who cares" or "big deal." Trump supporters have no shame.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:53 AM

10,457 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't think most Trump supporters are against Obama because he was black.

Maybe a small percentage are, but most Trump supporters don't agree that unfettered globalism and open borders are the right path forward for America. That is the defining thing.
The second someone claims they are against Obama because he is black, they lost the argument. I was an Obama supporter, but it was a black co-worker that opened my eyes at how he may be a good talker, but he was a terrible politician and world negotiator. The world loved him because they thought he was easy to push around and make bad deals at America's expense. And I still think he's just another puppet for the elite. I feel Trump is now too. I don't think we have any leaders anymore that are truly for the little guy.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:57 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
So, how is Obama's "legacy" coming along?

Not bad, considering we have a self-centered, self-obsessed ignoramus totally focused on destroying Obama's legacy and playing golf, while ignoring most of the issues our country is dealing with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies