Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 08:55 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am beginning to feel the same way as are millions of us who both own guns and support the safe use of them. I read today that more kids have been killed in schools so far this year than military in our many wars around the world. We need to go to a permissive system for gun ownership with broad prohibitions on many types. The rest of the civilized world has this figured out. It's our time now. We can't continue this way.
Wow, sensible post alert!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 09:01 AM

Location: Born in L.A. - NYC is Second Home - Rustbelt is Home Base
1,607 posts, read 1,085,471 times
OP...well they can't have them. Guns set us free from England and guns will keep us free. We will fight to the death to keep our rights.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,024,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
OP...well they can't have them. Guns set us free from England and guns will keep us free. We will fight to the death to keep our rights.
Ain't that the truth! I like your attitude, I don't think enough kids are being murdered by guns in the US to really get your point across though! Now if you could murder every year 50'000 school kids alone then perhaps the world will 'see' just how 'big and brave' you gun nuts are, that way your own military wouldn't dare send the tanks planes and heat seeking missilles in, not when some bloke has his rifle next to his bed.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
The second amendment is clear:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It is a really simple sentence with a lot of teeth, in the remembrance of Concord and Lexington.
They were not defending themselves from deer.

The 2nd Amendment was never challenged until the Civil War. Where the 2nd Amendment was exercised in it's full glory. State Militia, v. State Militia.

Soon afterward, the very first challenges to the 2nd Amendment occurred.
Individual states were denying Freemen, their right to keep & bear arms and to militia.
The very 2 rulings by the supreme court, that ALL gun legislation has been based upon as precedence.
Not until McDonald v. Chicago, was the 1871 rulings ever challenged.

Now, if we stand back and look at all the legislation that has effectively rewritten the 2nd Amendment to say:

Quote:
Militia is highly illegal for the fear of overthrowing a tyrannical government, the police state will replace the free state so no militia can ever be formed, the privilege of citizens 21 years of age and are non-felons and mentally sane may keep but never bear the small arms the federal or state governments deems acceptable for the citizenry, this may be altered at anytime emotions run high or a threat against governments power exists.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:10 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
If England had used the same tactic that is being used to disarm the US people, they could have avoided the entire american revolution! They would have just brainwashed majority of people into believing life under a monarchy was in their best interest and the safest thing for them.

Instead of 'Give me liberty or give me death'...today is actually 'Give me safety or give me death'.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If England had used the same tactic that is being used to disarm the US people, they could have avoided the entire american revolution! They would have just brainwashed majority of people into believing life under a monarchy was in their best interest and the safest thing for them.

Instead of 'Give me liberty or give me death'...today is actually 'Give me safety or give me death'.

Like today, they had people that wanted to kill them, at the edge of the treeline.
Same reason Gonzales was not about to give up their guns. The fate of the army, was not as bad as the terror in the woods, waiting to enslave & kill them.

Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Very well said!

The only problem today for many people though is RECOGNIZING when tyranny is present and when it needs to be overthrown. Many people today are guilty of being obedient and subservient to a tyrannical authority and yet some are still calling for MORE laws and regulations, they actually want a MORE intrusive, stronger police state!!!

Ive said this before in other threads, in todays world, REAL patriotism would look more like domestic terrorism on the surface.
I think they call that "soft tyranny"?

Old 05-21-2018, 10:16 AM

59,040 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
Don't hold your breath, waiting for Rambler123 to reply. I'll gladly provide you with that:

The second amendment is clear:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The whole concept of the second amendment was based on war and the weapons of war and to that end, for all Americans to have the right to keep and bear them without infringement by any government body.

The founding fathers didn't state this or that type of arms, because they meant for citizens to have the same ability and firepower as any standing army, in order to protect their new found liberties from tyranny.

It's why they left the amendment open to just arms, with the knowledge that weapons have and would continue to progress and citizens should be able to keep and bear them.

The founding fathers were in fear of exactly what this appeals court has done, find a way to disarm citizens of weapons that can actually protect them from government tyranny.

The Second Amendment was specifically included in the Bill of Rights to prevent the same thing from happening with the new American government they were creating, that the British had tried to do to them, by using their standing army and the weapons available to meet that goal.

Especially since the founder fathers realized that the new American government would have to eventually create a standing army for protection from foreign interests.

Without American citizens having the same or similar firearms as the standing army, and the right to keep and bear them, any fight against tyranny and saving liberty is gone.

Even the founding fathers themselves wrote that this concept was the reason for the second amendment:

I agree with you.

These quotes have been post dozens of times and the ant-gun nuts jut ignore them.

To add to your post, people were ALLOWED to own cannons and warships.

In fact, the fed CONTRACTED warship owners to help the gov't because they didn't have enough to do the job required.

The semi-auto came about early in our country's history and the fed did NOT ban them.

President Thomas Jefferson even bought a few and gave the to Lewis & Clark who we private citizens.

It is really AMAZING the LACK of knowledge the so-called "experts'' we from on here no so very LITTLE about our history.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:46 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,352,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I agree with you.

These quotes have been post dozens of times and the ant-gun nuts jut ignore them.

To add to your post, people were ALLOWED to own cannons and warships.

In fact, the fed CONTRACTED warship owners to help the gov't because they didn't have enough to do the job required.

The semi-auto came about early in our country's history and the fed did NOT ban them.

President Thomas Jefferson even bought a few and gave the to Lewis & Clark who we private citizens.

It is really AMAZING the LACK of knowledge the so-called "experts'' we from on here no so very LITTLE about our history.
Fortunately we do have the facts and history on our side. That's what infuriates our adversaries so much and likewise infuriates us as to their total ignorance of it.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
I find it comical that the people who say "take all the guns" also forget to mention that enforcement will likely be done by people carrying weapons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies