Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2018, 04:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am beginning to feel the same way as are millions of us who both own guns and support the safe use of them. I read today that more kids have been killed in schools so far this year than military in our many wars around the world. We need to go to a permissive system for gun ownership with broad prohibitions on many types. The rest of the civilized world has this figured out. It's our time now. We can't continue this way.
Then leave. Nobody wants your vision of the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2018, 04:07 PM

13,211 posts, read 21,825,412 times
Quote:
I am beginning to feel the same way as are millions of us who both own guns and support the safe use of them. I read today that more kids have been killed in schools so far this year than military in our many wars around the world. We need to go to a permissive system for gun ownership with broad prohibitions on many types. The rest of the civilized world has this figured out. It's our time now. We can't continue this way.
On this we agree.

(Not always the case with us.)

Old 05-19-2018, 04:11 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
So much for the liberty and freedom from violence and needless death. The Founding Fathers never advocated a society and world where guns are used so often and carelessly to kill others. They emphasized our rights to be free, and to live and prosper without such hazards. They never would have sided with the killers, taunters, and gun fanatics who only care about themselves and their little kingdoms, everyone else be damned.

let me say first TOUGH!!

second there is no right to be free of violence, never has been, never will be.

but this is also a result of liberal policies like abortion on demand, no prayer in school, participation trophies, and not hurting the self esteem of the poor little darlings that have trouble figuring out that 2+2=4. it used to be in school a teacher would come out and tell you when you made a mistake, publicly, and make you go back and correct that mistake. teachers were tough, but their students learned.

these days however, when a student makes a mistake, the teacher cant point out the mistake, instead they must soften the blow by saying something like, "thats a nice effort johnny, but you might want to try again". and we wonder why many students have trouble reading, writing, doing simple math, etc.

back when i was in seventh grade, the big thing was pocket calculators, most students had them since they were fairly cheap at the time, though not compared to today. but NONE of my math teachers in jr high and high school would let us use them. we had to figure things out for ourselves, not use technology to do our school work for us. and we learned. now days students can use computers with all the bells and whistles to do their homework, including things like spell check, and the computer does the math for them, etc. the problem is that most students dont learn what they need to learn, and later on they are at a loss when things go wrong.

also these days students have no discipline in school, again a result of liberal school policies that dont allow for punishment of any kind. and schools have promoted students even though they dont even meet the requirements for the next grade level. and we wonder why some students are frustrated and act out? guns were just as easily available, but no one shot up a school, today things are different.

you want to change things, then change society.

Last edited by CaseyB; 05-19-2018 at 08:33 PM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 05-19-2018, 04:12 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No one wants your pea-shooter. Perish the thought.

You guys are entirely too impressed with your gun collections that no one wants.
We don't believe it.

States like NY, IL, NJ, MA and CA would 100% ban and confiscate all firearms if the had the chance.

And funny, these NE state are where the Revolution started.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:20 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
No, more and more are realizing that "thoughts and prays" do jack **** to stop these school shootings. Wanting to find a solution to stop our children from being murdered in their schools should not be something that is considered political.

Being murdered for going to school is something that you would expect to happen somewhere in the Middle East, not in the United States of America.
That’s because the only solution that we should be implementing are fought against. Security and prevention should be #1 on the list, but people are very resistant to metal detectors or school marshals. Look how the traumatized kids from Parkland were mad about clear backpacks. Like the children they are, they reject the things that would work because they think they can just get what they want. It doesn’t work that way in a country with porous borders and more guns than people, with a more than 200 year old constitutional right to bear arms.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:21 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s because the only solution that we should be implementing are fought against. Security and prevention should be #1 on the list, but people are very resistant to metal detectors or school marshals. Look how the traumatized kids from Parkland were mad about clear backpacks. Like the children they are, they reject the things that would work because they think they can just get what they want. It doesn’t work that way in a country with porous borders and more guns than people, with a more than 200 year old constitutional right to bear arms.

well said.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:34 PM

23,546 posts, read 12,517,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
I actually do want to take away your violent movies, TV shows, and video games.
Exactly!! The glamorizing of violence and weapons in movies, tv shows and games needs to stop.
The media should also be barred from promoting violent actions 24/7. Too many copycats out there just waiting for ideas.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:45 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,367,374 times
Quote:
So today you read a lie and believe it because it fits your bias. That doesn't make it fact or something that laws should based on - not that, that ever stops the left. You probably believe there have been 22 mass school shootings this year too, afterall CNN said so.

What we can't continue with is your liberal media lying to push their (your) agenda. THOUSANDS of lives have been saved in the last month by someone with a gun, but you don't give a damn about them.

Old 05-19-2018, 04:54 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Come & Take It!
LMAO
r/iamverybadass

Honest question: have ANY of you " I act tough because my firearm is grafted to my hip" types EVER been able to handle ANY type of confrontation without reaching for your artificial courage enablers?

Persistent Jehovah's witnesses don't count either!

I always thought that the huge responsibility of exercising your 2A rights would humble someone- NOT inflate their chest thumping abilities

Old 05-19-2018, 04:57 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,034,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You know....
They came for the guns at Concord & Lexington

WE KILLED THEM!

Who's " WE"????
YOU didn't do squat-Good Lord, please spare us and sit down!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies