Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 08:20 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The ban actually did help. Eric Harris mentioned it in his journal (or maybe recorded it on tape) that he wanted assault weapons but could not get any since the ban was in place.
Oh CMON, that is a little bit too convenient, isnt it? LOL

Think about that for a minute...a school shooter who went on record to mention that laws/ regulations prevented him from getting what they wanted (something that was illegal)...Does that really sound like something a criminal or mass shooter would say?

Thats pretty direct suggestive conditioning if Ive ever seen it!!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How many years would you give Adam Lanza's mom?
If her guns were properly secured, she might be still dead, but all those kids would not be.

She taught an unstable kid how to shoot a gun. She was just as responsible for their deaths.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:23 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
If her guns were properly secured, she might be still dead, but all those kids would not be.

She taught an unstable kid how to shoot a gun. She was just as responsible for their deaths.
They were properly secured.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
This isn't prevention, but accountability after the deed is done.

We need prevention's. Threatening to charge parents isn't good enough. We need mechanisms in place just in case the kid gets into their parents gun safe.
You think that it won't prevent future shootings if parents are afraid they might land in prison and start securing their guns properly so their teenagers cannot access them?

I disagree.

I'm not against armed resource officers, but schools already have those.

So, what's this extra guard/guards going to do that the armed officers schools already have do not do?

Shooters know they are going into a situation where there's someone armed and they still do it anyway.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Teachers are people. It is their individual choice(liberty) to be prey or to defend themselves(not others)
No government, or another person can disarm me at any point in time, as long as I stand on US soil.
Or it really isn't a right. It is a privilege, give by my MASTERS, I can only sometimes exercise.

I have no MASTER and I certainly hope and pray you have not consented to your MASTERS.
Teachers in a high school classroom packing heat is a recipe for disaster.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
IS IT?

We still have people harming each other.

Didn't 9-11 and the immediate situations after that teach us anything? If someone really wants to, they will find a way.

So how do we stop them, how do we take away that motivation?
Of course there are other ways people can harm people. This discussion is about school shootings, not about acid attacks or flying planes into buildings.

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Think about that for a minute...a school shooter who went on record to mention that laws/ regulations prevented him from getting what they wanted (something that was illegal)...Does that really sound like something a criminal or mass shooter would say?
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Both he and Klebold kept pretty detailed journals and also recorded a lot of stuff on both video (using the school's camera) and audio. But don't take my word on it. Dave Cullen's Columbine is a great read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They were properly secured.
So, how'd he gain access to them?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I'm not sure what you're suggesting. Both he and Klebold kept pretty detailed journals and also recorded a lot of stuff on both video (using the school's camera) and audio. But don't take my word on it. Dave Cullen's Columbine is a great read.
This latest school shooting should be evidence enough the type of firearm doesn't make mass shootings go away. I've been saying that all along. You can single feed a pump shotgun all day long until you run out of ammo. There isn't time to "tackle" someone during reloading.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:30 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I don't want to take anyone's guns. I don't really have any issues with armed guards (most schools already have some) or metal detectors (some schools have those, but to really be super effective you need a closed campus, and where's that money coming from?).

I still think charging parents when kids take their guns to shoot up a school would knock most of these school shooters out of business right away.

Yes, it may mean that we get to see some parents go to prison after their kid shoots up a school then shoots himself, but that's a powerful message.
I cannot believe some of the suggestions like this!! Its really difficult to fathom these are coming from American citizens, if it is many many people today would be happier living under a total dictatorship or a full on very strict police state.

Im sorry to say, but this is the result of years of 'conditioning' and brainwashing, so we now have regular civilians calling for brutally extreme laws and regulations to be imposed!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies