Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2018, 08:38 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,163,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First, not everyone has 4 grand for a truly secure safe. Someone can cut off a trigger lock with bolt cutters in seconds.

Evil is evil.
If you cannot afford to properly secure weapons to keep them away from your kids, you either don't need kids or you don't need guns.

Just the reality of the matter.

Guns should be stored properly and kept away from kids.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:40 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
So, how'd he gain access to them?
He killed her and took her keys.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:40 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
I don't want to take anyone's guns. I don't really have any issues with armed guards (most schools already have some) or metal detectors (some schools have those, but to really be super effective you need a closed campus, and where's that money coming from?).

I still think charging parents when kids take their guns to shoot up a school would knock most of these school shooters out of business right away.

Yes, it may mean that we get to see some parents go to prison after their kid shoots up a school then shoots himself, but that's a powerful message.
They are not my guns. They are my entire families guns.
I have had my own personal guns, since I was 6. I bought them.
My daughter has had her own personal guns, since she was 6.
No matter who's gun it is, we all know how to operate every gun in the family.

When is a person, really a person, according to the Constitution? When does a person get to be part of "The People"?
You have added words to a very simple sentence.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Quote:
Not seeing the problem here. You own a gun, you keep it secure. If you do not, you get charged if your kid uses it to shoot up a school.

Where's the "dictatorship?"

Where is the "police state?"

What is so extreme about people needing to keep their firearms out of the hands of their kids?
More laws/ regulations, tougher laws/ regulations...IS NOT the answer, its the opposite actually.

I thought I would be seeing people calling for LESS govt/police intrusion, LESS laws/ regulations, apparently none of the current laws or regulations have been effective, why do people assume MORE will accomplish anything?

If things keep going like this, I can easily see the day when lots of people are suggesting surv cams in every house, so that way , police/ govt can monitor EVERYONE, all the time, so they can see anyone planning things like this, can stop them before it happens, just imagine all the other crimes and violence we could stop if every home had its own police surv system?!

Old 05-21-2018, 08:42 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Teachers in a high school classroom packing heat is a recipe for disaster.
Who says?

Why shouldn't you have a pistol, everywhere you go? Would that be a recipe for disaster?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:43 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times
Quote:
Actually, if the kid got the alcohol from the parent, the parent can be charged.

That's pretty common.
I have no ideas the law countrywide but in most or many places a parent can give their own kids alcohol.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:48 AM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
She taught an unstable kid how to shoot a gun. She was just as responsible for their deaths.
Not only did she teach him how to shoot a gun, she was from all accounts ready to give him money so he could buy one for himself.
Quote:
The mother of mass killer Adam Lanza wrote her son a check to buy a pistol as a Christmas present in the days leading up to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting, according to an official report out Monday.

Nancy Lanza — who was killed by her 20-year-old son last December before he killed six women and 20 children at the Connecticut elementary school — told friends a month before the shooting that she was concerned about her son. He had not left the house for three months, and he communicated with her only via email, she said. She was not allowed to enter his room.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/sandy-hoo...210859068.html

Given her concerns, it makes you question her insane decision to buy him a gun.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:55 AM

1,874 posts, read 814,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Kids are already drinking and driving at ages 16. Is that the parents fault too? Is a kid's fake ID the parents fault?
if the parents are buying the booze it sure is their fault

Old 05-21-2018, 08:57 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,138,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Likely the school shooter would just shoot any teacher he sees.

And what does he do currently, wave them by and let them go?

Old 05-21-2018, 08:58 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,514,221 times
Im just curious, (for those who are calling for tougher or more laws/ regulations)...

At what point do you concede and admit Govt/ law enforcement is NOT doing its job or effective at keeping our kids safe, and they should be removed from power/ stripped of their authority?

The Constitution gives the people the right (and under certain conditions, the duty) to throw off such Govts and install new guards for their future. How many deaths have to occur before its time to strip them of their power/authority?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.