Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 02:28 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times

Advertisements

Wait!!!! Hold on!!! Calm down!!! Take a deep breath. Believe me, I know, when I titled this thread I knew what it could turn into, so the first thing I want to make clear is this is not meant to be a hate thread. If you have hate in your heart when other races than your own are concerned, please, do not comment on this thread. This is meant to be a real discussion. If you are unable to take part in a real discussion, go troll somewhere else.

Now, the reason I posted this thread is quite simple. I honestly want to know what people think and why people do/do not believe that preserving the purity of their culture is important. I think it is important to mention that this belief is not held by any one race. Over the course of my life, I have met people of all races who believed in only marrying and reproducing within their own race. Most of these people believed that there is a reason for there being different races of people on this planet, and to go against that plan would be to go against God/Nature. Of course, in today's world, diversity is the word of the day, and because of this people are shamed if their belief in preserving their racial/cultural purity becomes public knowledge. But I must ask, why is that? A belief in preserving the purity of your race does not have to mean that you feel the others are inferior. For some, it is about heritage, nature, and God, not hate.

So what are your thoughts on the matter? Is it wrong for a person to have feelings such as these? Does harboring these beliefs automatically brand you a racist, unfit to do certain jobs or activities? Because I'm sorry, I do not believe that is the case. Based on my personal experiences with friends, family, and business associates throughout my life, I know that a person can believe in preserving their race without hating the others. But the real question is, do you folks feel the same, or do you believe that people who harbor these beliefs about preserving their racial purity are inherently racist?

Please stay on topic, and be respectful.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-23-2018 at 02:36 PM..

Old 05-20-2018, 02:31 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
What percentage of people do you believe have DNA that would support the notion of 'racial purity'?

Old 05-20-2018, 02:32 PM

6,421 posts, read 7,661,659 times
It is only natural to protect our own DNA for survival purposes.

I am proud and happy to be who I am.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:35 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
There's no such thing as racial purity.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:35 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 22 days ago)

27,632 posts, read 16,115,213 times
What’s diversity without difference?

Old 05-20-2018, 02:39 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Exactly is anybody 100% of one specific race?

Doesn't exist I don't think.

So trying achieve a 'perceived' pure race is symbolic, non-scientific,impossible, ridiculous, naive, ignorant.

So why bother?

Old 05-20-2018, 02:39 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,900,681 times
It's racist because you believe your DNA is better than others' DNA.

Your flawed argument is that while pretending not to be racist, in fact, you believe your DNA is superior; otherwise, why would you not want to improve your DNA by expanding your family to include others outside of what you deem your racial "purity."

Old 05-20-2018, 02:41 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi60 View Post
It is only natural to protect our own DNA for survival purposes.

I am proud and happy to be who I am.

Yet it's easy to find many arguments for the importance of genetic diversity.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_diversity

And problems that a lack of diversity may cause.

https://evolution.berkeley.edu/evoli...onservation_04

Old 05-20-2018, 02:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
One thing to pursue someone in your own race because you like to have that shared culture.

It's another thing to pursue someone because you think you want to keep some misguided concept of a pure race.

Old 05-20-2018, 02:42 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What percentage of people do you believe have DNA that would support the notion of 'racial purity'?
To be honest, I believe most of us are mutts. However, as a mutt I can say that my family primarily reproduced with people who also had white skin. Just like my best friend Dave, who is a mutt like myself, has black skin because his family primarily reproduced with people with darker skin. Since most people are not going to go out and have DNA testing done to narrow down exactly what all they are mixed with, most use skin color or racial features to identify who their own people are. Black people can pretty easily identify other black people, Asian people have no problem identifying who their people are, etc. The concept of "blood purity" is only important to the truly racist people out there, or those of nobility who feel their blood lines are pure/divine/etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies