Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2018, 03:19 PM

2,753 posts, read 3,311,589 times

Advertisements

Education is today is the politics of tomorrow. People are placing stigmas on people who lived in 1776 as savages who were raised in an environment where our values don't match up with theirs. Doesn't make them bad people at all. Guaranteed if Thomas Jefferson and Washington grew up now, they would certainly believe that slavery was wrong. Put away with the concept of placing 21st century lenses on people who can't even relate to what would become the value system of today...

Why can't we acknowledge the accomplishment of our founding fathers by leaving a tyrannical government in Europe and setting up a civilization where tens of millions of people benefitted from their decisions by creating the Bill of Rights. Their capability of being able to say those things without governmental policing is why your here and choose to stay here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2018, 04:31 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,257,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
It is insensitive.
Probably got the idea from a Prince song “1999”

Old 05-20-2018, 04:38 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
I can't wait until telling people to take a hike becomes fashionable.

Old 05-20-2018, 04:40 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingBoat View Post
Political correctness is a mental disorder and the reason Donald Trump was elected and will easily win a second term.

A lame attempt at fighting fire with fire.

Old 05-20-2018, 08:19 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,395,958 times
My word, kids are annoying these days.

One can argue over anything. I know, I'm good at arguing if I need to. Virtually anything can be picked apart. Living in a community requires as much restraint as it does advocacy. Somehow, these kids have learned that their arguments take precedence over social harmony.

To wit, these invitations were damaging no one. Yet, these kids chose to argue in a manner that makes their community a little less peaceful, a little less joyful, a little more fearful, and a little more serious. For no benefit to anyone. What utter morons. Though, I mostly blame the even larger morons that trained them to be this way.

Old 05-20-2018, 09:27 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
The saddest thing is that the school got called out previously for having the n-word in the musical Ragtime.

HOLY crap, the n-word is used CONSTANTLY in music but in context it's suddenly bad.

Not to mention they put on a musical where there were tons of black roles which is something there was another big protest about in a thread a few months ago at another highschool.

Put on a racially significant musical like Ragtime that highlights historic racial oppression....get criticized as racsist.

Mention 1776? Racist.

Basically, no matter what you do or say...you're either being racist or.........racist by underserving black students or.......racist just because.

The SJW movement has jumped the shark. It's a bullying movement at this point and is especially underscored by the free passes they try to hand out when the offender is of the right gender\race etc.

Old 05-21-2018, 12:00 AM

18,725 posts, read 7,604,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Better be careful these days.
Why? Should a few thin-skinned whiners who deliberately "misunderstood" what the ticket said, be listened to and allowed to change an obviously upbeat and humorous suggestion for celebration?

Old 05-21-2018, 12:05 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,000 times
Our society has turned into a joke.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:07 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
oh the poor hypersensitive snowflakes
SJWs are a disease on society.

Old 05-21-2018, 01:22 AM

13,302 posts, read 7,867,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Our society has turned into a joke.
It's like, die-namic.

The whole thing is, like, oaf-ending my sensibilities.

Regular words don't cut it anymore.

When I'm surrounded by PCer, I sling a batch of syrupy condescensions at 'em. (Think yewww!)

Sticky, sticky sticky. Or is it, stickie?

Gives an opportunity to walk away from 'em.

Prolly why my daughter loved to collect stickers in the eighties.

She was a sticker!

Slap someone on the face with a unicorn, and hey, what are they gonna do about it?

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 05-21-2018 at 02:24 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies