Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 10:14 AM

29,859 posts, read 11,424,480 times

Advertisements

I am not usually big on new rules and regulations but we need a uniform nationwide use of body cams. As we can see it benefits those who are doing the right thing and calls out the liars. Without the footage the officer could have been suspended or fired and the NAACP dude could have won a lawsuit and instigated riots in the streets.

You would think the NAACP dude would be removed from his post but if Tawana Brawley incident is any indicator he might get a show on MSNBC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 10:24 AM

4,383 posts, read 2,879,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
There's absolutely no such thing as black privilege!

That's a totally delusional claim on your part.

African-Americans have been enslaved, terrorized, lynched, shot, beaten, stabbed, and dragged for hundreds of years, as if by tradition in this country.

Just because there's one alleged false claim of racist treatment by a single errant African-American, doesn't nullify the millions that have actually occurred throughout the years since their arrival here as African slaves.

Everyone here should already be aware of this fact...

Shame on you all!
And the Jews went through almost all that too, but they seem to have made it out just fine.

NO such thing as black privilege? Then why does he still have a job and the where is the media coverage and shaming?

And BTW. African Americans have been enslaved, terrorized, lynched, shot, beaten, stabbed, and dragged for thousands of years in their own countries and communities by their own people! Why aren't you crying about that? How many were shot in Chicago this weekend by their own people? How many in Africa?!

Last edited by Berteau; 05-21-2018 at 10:37 AM..

Old 05-21-2018, 11:00 AM

6,408 posts, read 7,608,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
And the Jews went through almost all that too, but they seem to have made it out just fine.

NO such thing as black privilege? Then why does he still have a job and the where is the media coverage and shaming?

And BTW. African Americans have been enslaved, terrorized, lynched, shot, beaten, stabbed, and dragged for thousands of years in their own countries and communities by their own people! Why aren't you crying about that? How many were shot in Chicago this weekend by their own people? How many in Africa?!
I've heard many sad stories all my life but have NEVER actually seen any of what they whine about. I'm sure most Americans haven't witnessed their claims either but have paid their hard earned tax dollars to support the slackers.

Other groups who actually did suffer have come to America and thrived, so what is the real problem? Maybe a mirror would help them find the answer.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:04 AM

37,941 posts, read 17,735,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The tone of some of the posts in here are so angry. I know most Trump supporters don't like black people, but geez.

Yes, the actions of this one person seem disgusting and he was definitely wrong and should be held accountable for what he did. It ends there.
Grouping and falsely testifying about an entire group of people while complaining about bigotry. It's not the tone of your post that's bothersome, it's the hypocritical nature of your post.

Yes, the actions of this one poster seem disgusting and is definitely wrong and this poster should be held accountable for what he did. It starts there.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:05 PM

19,704 posts, read 11,961,506 times
TONIGHT I WAS RACIALLY PROFILED By Timmonsville Officer CAUSE I WAS DRIVING A MERCEDES BENZ AND GOING HOME IN A NICE NEIGHBORHOOD But you know tomorrow they will hear from me. Tonya B. Brown Natasha Moultrie NAACP Georgetown Timmonsville NAACP Kenneth McAllister Henry Jamie Devonne Dixon Gloria Reed
Me: hello sir how can I help you
Officer: I am stopping you cause you fail to put on a turn signal and do you have any drugs in the car
Me: sir how would you know if I used my turn signal when you was approaching me as I turn and is there any drugs in your car?
Officer: License and registration
Me: sir can I take off my seat belt and get it
Officer: sure
Me: (as I open glove box I said ) sir this is a new car I just purchased and all I have is bill of sale, insurance card and registration from car I am transferring tags
Officer: ok where you work and who car is this and why you in this neighborhood
Me: sir I am a pastor and I live in the house on the left
Officer:And I guess I am the bill gates
Me: sir what’s the problem
Officer: I ask who car for the last time and why you in this neighborhood
Me: I told you for the last time who car and where I live.( as my neighborhood starts to come out there house)
By the way sir can I speak to your supervisor
Officer: walks away with my information
When he returned he said did you know your tags comes back to another vehicle
Me: sir I just explain this to you
Officer:you need to park this vehicle and never drive it till you get this straight with DMV
Me: sir I have purchased multiple vehicles and never heard this now officer and I start fussing cause I said I will be driving my car sir anyt time I want
Officer: I am warning you to not drive this car till tags get straight and just know I am doing you a favor tonight not taking you to jail or writing you a ticket
Me: sir you might be doing your self a favor but you certainly not doing me a favor.
Note my wife is in back seat with no seat belt on and my baby out car seat
This officer thought he had some drugs or something cause since when 2 patrol car stops one car on a turn signal issue. Guess I can’t be a pastor and can’t drive a Mercedes Benz and live in a nice neighborhood.
Well you know as president of Timmonsville Naacp he stops the wrong car tonight cause someone needs to answer for this behavior and this officer

Old 05-21-2018, 02:07 PM

29,859 posts, read 11,424,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
The tone of some of the posts in here are so angry. I know most Trump supporters don't like black people, but geez.

Yes, the actions of this one person seem disgusting and he was definitely wrong and should be held accountable for what he did. It ends there.
You accuse Trump people of being prejudiced by being prejudiced yourself. Nice.

Try goggling hypocrite and prejudice.

I would say Trump people do not like liberals or democrats whether it be either Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Nancy Pelosi or Maxine Waters. I don't think their dislike of those people has anything to do with race,

They do like Kanye (at the moment at least), Candace Owens, The Trump sisters who do those videos, Ben Carson and any other black people who support Trump. So if they don't like black people how is it they like black Trump supporters?

So yes Trump supporters do not like black people who are liberal democrats but they don't white people who are either.

Your comment was not only prejudiced but totally wrong.

Old 05-21-2018, 02:30 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,468,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post
There's absolutely no such thing as black privilege!

That's a totally delusional claim on your part.

African-Americans have been enslaved, terrorized, lynched, shot, beaten, stabbed, and dragged for hundreds of years, as if by tradition in this country.

Just because there's one alleged false claim of racist treatment by a single errant African-American, doesn't nullify the millions that have actually occurred throughout the years since their arrival here as African slaves.

Everyone here should already be aware of this fact...

Shame on you all!

I'm with you - there is no such thing as black privilege....just like there's no such thing as white privilege. Both claims are totally delusional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
It's not a Trump supporter thing, it's a morality thing.

And it's not just one person, but literally the NAACP LEADER. It's not just some random cat. IMO he should lose his position. It's just as bad as a girl claiming she was raped and gets someone arrested for years, when she lied and was just sitting at home when the "attack" occurred.

Exactly. I don't know why these clowns don't see that these bogus claims lessen the impact real crimes have on us. We just roll our eyes and yawn waiting to hear who lied next, and that's unfair to real victims.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:09 PM

2,258 posts, read 1,124,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Without the footage the officer could have been suspended or fired and the NAACP dude could have won a lawsuit and instigated riots in the streets.
You obviously dont know because youve done no research, theres NEVER been an incident of a black person accusing a cop of racial profiling without cam footage, and that cop gets suspended or fired. Cops dont even take complaints seriously in general let alone suspending one for something like this with no real proof.
You have it backwards. When a cop kills someone and theres no footage, the jury believes his side of the story, and he doesnt get charged for murder, whether it was in self defense or not. Not to mentionm if the cop DOES do something he wasnt supposed to do, when it comes time for court, they can "lose the footage", and it happens almost half the time, because the cops are used to getting away with taking advantage of people, and they dont want to get caught. The prosecutor makes sure to torpedo the case so he loses against the cops that he works with.
Learn how the "just us" system really works.

BTW, theres riots in the streets because cops are still killing with impunity, its still happening, to all races.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:15 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,468,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You obviously dont know because youve done no research, theres NEVER been an incident of a black person accusing a cop of racial profiling without cam footage, and that cop gets suspended or fired. Cops dont even take complaints seriously in general let alone suspending one for something like this with no real proof.
You have it backwards. When a cop kills someone and theres no footage, the jury believes his side of the story, and he doesnt get charged for murder, whether it was in self defense or not. The prosecutor makes sure to torpedo the case so he loses agsainst the cops that he works with.

BTW, theres riots in the streets because cops are still killing with impunity, its still happening, to all races.

And sometimes even when there is footage. As you've pointed out in the past, the law is slanted in favor of the cop and all he/she has to say is he feared for his llife.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:34 PM

4,383 posts, read 2,879,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You have it backwards. When a cop kills someone and theres no footage, the jury believes his side of the story, and he doesnt get charged for murder, whether it was in self defense or not. Not to mentionm if the cop DOES do something he wasnt supposed to do, when it comes time for court, they can "lose the footage", and it happens almost half the time, because the cops are used to getting away with taking advantage of people, and they dont want to get caught. The prosecutor makes sure to torpedo the case so he loses against the cops that he works with.

Well has there ever been an incident of anything a cop has been fired for that there wasn't evidence or footage of!?! I cop could plant drugs on anyone and not get fired if there is no footage or evidence! Black people aren't the only race to get screwed by cops with no punishment for the cops because of lack of evidence. Get over yourself and your phony one sided movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies