Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 11:17 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Adam BullSchiff wasted no time getting in front of a camera to make a statement and had to read it.
That's odd. Normally he has the BullSchiff right on his lips ready to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2018, 11:55 PM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Actually, given the way the Dems leak everything in these investigations detrimental to Trump, the fact that they've said nothing tells me it's more likely detrimental to THEM, not Trump, so that's a good sign.

You've already been schooled on the definitions of informant and spy.
No one in here has been schooled on the definitions of informant and spy.

They just burp up what their heros tell them, you know, Chucklebuckets Schumer, Nancy Pelosi, egghead Clapper, Brennan, Comey...

They're all trying to stand in front of their Messiah, Obama.

Didn't Comey go on Conan O'Brien the other night to flap his gums about this scandal?

What, was the Food Network already booked?

My phone battery is dying.

To be continued...

Old 05-26-2018, 05:51 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
https://twitter.com/sarahcwestwood/s...273905668?s=21

According to sources, Nunes, Gowdy, and the Gang of 8 did not receive/view the classified documents that have been requesting.

And if I were you, I would be very careful believing/quoting Adam Schiff. Isn't this the same guy who said months ago that the House Intelligence Committee found loads of evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians? If so, were is this information? This is also the same guy that got into a hissy fit when the Republican 4 page memo claimed that McCabe said under oath that the FBI would have never sought a FISA warrant without the dossier, yet when he released his 10 page memo, he failed to refute this very point he called misleading or false.
Yes from what I understand they didn't get the classified documents they wanted from a live investigation, good for them. Schiff did indicate there were Russian connections to the Trump campaign several moths ago, we will see how that turns out. I understand they were briefed on how the informant was used.

Still the silence from Nunes is very surprising particularly in light of Schiff's statement.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:03 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
McConnell said there was no there there. Nunes and trump over-hyped this whole spy nonsense and it backfired. SNAFU for this administration.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:16 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
McConnell said there was no there there. Nunes and trump over-hyped this whole spy nonsense and it backfired. SNAFU for this administration.
No, there was widespread surveillance of the Trump campaign, and so far there has been no credible evidence provided to justify such surveillance.

The Trump haters tried the same absurd dismissals after the wiretap tweet, and look where at now, even the NYT, and WaPo admitting to widespread surveillance of the Trump campaign.

Sorry, but SpyGate isn't going away.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:36 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Pssst - it already fizzled away. It's past tense fake news. Fox and Trump are still trying to keep it alive, but it's not working. Bwahahaha.

Old 05-26-2018, 09:53 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, there was widespread surveillance of the Trump campaign, and so far there has been no credible evidence provided to justify such surveillance.

The Trump haters tried the same absurd dismissals after the wiretap tweet, and look where at now, even the NYT, and WaPo admitting to widespread surveillance of the Trump campaign.

Look. Even old Turkey-Neck McConnell said there's no there there.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:03 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Look. Even old Turkey-Neck McConnell said there's no there there.
No, he said he had nothing to add after attending the briefing, and that he supported the Inspector General investigation into the spying.

McConnell told NPR that Mueller's investigation and a separate probe by the Justice Department's inspector general into the FBI's actions during the 2016 election will ultimately provide answers to a number of questions swirling around the presidential race.

"I support both of them, and I don't really have anything to add to this subject based upon the Gang of Eight briefing that we had today, which was classified."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cA1&srcref=rss

Old 05-26-2018, 04:44 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
This will be yet another conspiracy put by the wayside, I'm sure that Nunes is already working on the next one.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:19 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
I'm sorry if these basic concepts are eluding you, but in actuality

1. The DOJ is supposed to be working covertly, not publicly.
2. The president is not supposed to have any say in what they're doing, especially not if it relates to him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies