Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 12:46 PM

4,944 posts, read 2,922,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
I dunno about that ~ the Catholic Church's current business model is NOT based on 'free market fundamentalist' principles, that may be the business-worshipping libertarian lapdog religion you're referencing here^?

The Free Marketeer's pitch goes something like this: charge as much money as possible for providing as few goods & services as possible. Their god's Invisible Hand magically takes care of the rest. It's magical!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 01:01 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,827,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is a behavior , not an identity.

So...what do you call celibate gay people? (We do exist)

Old 05-26-2018, 01:02 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,890,581 times
Re: BornintheSprings, post #287

What a freakin' day/nightmare!

Old 05-26-2018, 01:03 PM

6,855 posts, read 2,827,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
All these phobias are buzz words created by the left to tell all those who disagree with the immoral behavior thinking that calling them phobic trying to put the sickness on the ones who uphold normal behavior.

Next it will be pedophobia. It is all this political correctness that abnormal behavior is ok and there is suppose to be something wrong with not agreeing with abnormal behavior. We are transgressing back to the times of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Yes, but not in the way you meant.

Ezekiel 16:49

Quote:
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:05 PM

5,775 posts, read 5,074,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
So many people have the strangest notions about rights, tolerance, acceptance, and "blessings."

Why is it that people feel that they should have any more than the right to do whatever it is they do? Why do they need validation from a pope, an authority, or anyone else?

I do what I do. As long as it is not illegal, it is my right to do so. That's why I so firmly support the idea of individual liberty. But, I couldn't care less what you or anyone else thinks about what I do. It's none of your business--all I ask is that you leave me alone to do it. And I certainly don't want a pat on the head from you. If you like what I do, fine. If you don't, too bad for you (unless it is illegal) because it is none of your business in the first place.

You warm-fuzzy people are really perplexing.
Your idea would be fine, if those bible thumping freaks didnt force their hate on everyone else. If everyone had that live and let live attitude, there would be no need to validate anything. The sad thing is that there's plenty of hate and bigotry, and many time under the guise of the bible and religion.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:07 PM

5,775 posts, read 5,074,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
God is responsible for the Holy Bible. Your lack of experience and understanding about these matters is irrelevant.
So.....is there proof? Or should we believe that because you said so?

Old 05-26-2018, 01:11 PM

5,646 posts, read 5,064,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
So.....is there proof? Or should we believe that because you said so?
Followers of all the magical sky friends tend to self-validate.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:14 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,022,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post

Ezekiel 16:49

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.
It's amusing that the pretend "Christians" will rail against homosexuality and use Sodom and Gomorrah as their example, but will completely disregard the real message of that scripture. The poor? The needy? Who the hell cares about them? Got to make sure we always vote for the politicians who will strive to cut them off of any aid and let them die of want or need.

Amusing, but not surprising because, in the end, what else would one expect from these fake "Christians"?

And this board is swarming with such phonies.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:28 PM

25,788 posts, read 16,422,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's amusing that the pretend "Christians" will rail against homosexuality and use Sodom and Gomorrah as their example, but will completely disregard the real message of that scripture. The poor? The needy? Who the hell cares about them? Got to make sure we always vote for the politicians who will strive to cut them off of any aid and let them die of want or need.

Amusing, but not surprising because, in the end, what else would one expect from these fake "Christians"?

And this board is swarming with such phonies.

I don't think Jesus wanted forced charity which is what taxing people to pay for welfare and food stamps is.

He said "I am the bread of life" That means only through Jesus can you find your calling on this Earth. But people are trying to be the bread of life for other people...was never meant to be that way. People are distracting others, keeping them down. Do you think it's a coincidence that liberals who push for creating more and more dependent people also are largely atheist and want to replace faith in God with faith in THEM.

This Earth is not the end or the beginning. You have to have faith in your purpose being put here for a reason. By providing for people and not challenging them you are preventing them from finding it themselves. God will NEVER give you more than you can handle but he does expect you to handle what is given.

I am most certainly for charity and forgiveness...but don't force others to pay charity. You are preventing THEM from doing good. That is why there is so much anger and angst in this world.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:35 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,299,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...an-carlos-cruz

A message of love and acceptance...that I can stand with.
Thank you for posting this. I hope the recipient of those kind words finds spiritual peace and reconciliation in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies