Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 06:56 PM

32,059 posts, read 15,040,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is bad behavior. No man should marry a man or have sex. A man can love a man but if they have sex it is immoral and an abomination .
If you believe in God then you believe he made each and everyone one of us the way we are. The new testament showed a loving God who accepted everyone. Those who don't, hide behind their faith and use it as an excuse for bigoted behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 07:00 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
The Pope’s actions and those of his appointees contradict this message of love and acceptance- unfortunately
Incorrect again.

Old 05-26-2018, 07:03 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The poster you responded to is blinded by their bigotry and ignorance. I can tell you I have numerous family members that are practicing Catholics and the Pope's views especially a hugely popular one like this one is carry a lot of weight and do influence the culture in general of Catholics.
Agree, it's amazing how much more down to earth and the real world the Jesuits are.

Old 05-27-2018, 05:03 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Does every thread about LGBTQ people have to degrade this way? The pope offered a gay Catholic man comfort and reconciliation. I'm sure it lifted a great spiritual weight from the man's shoulders. There's no need to go any further than that in discussing the matter.
It does as long as a few so called Christians or faux Christians continue to spew their bigotry and hatred and then cowardly hide behind the Bible.

Last edited by marino760; 05-27-2018 at 05:15 AM..

Old 05-27-2018, 05:35 AM

17,338 posts, read 11,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Popes are irrelevant and insignificant, and they will say or do anything that garners supporters, especially since the Imperial Roman Catholic Church has been on a long spiraling decline for several decades now.

If it would increase membership, the popes would say the same thing of pedophiles.

In fact, some popes were pedophiles, others homosexual, some where known to be bi-sexual, and several raped women in broad daylight in public in front of on-looking pilgrims.

Coming from an organization that has murdered more people than the Third Reich, it doesn't really carry much weight.
No, it's irrelevant to you. It's not irrelevant to over 1 BILLION Catholics worldwide and over 70 million Catholics in this country.
You can't make those numbers insignificant no matter how much you would love to.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:14 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
wwjd?

Mark 7:6
He replied, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: "'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
The Scripture means that people don't honor the true God in truth, but in the tradition of men. Acceptance of the works of the flesh, i.e., homosexuality, is not of God but of men. The ways and doings of the world nowadays are dung in God's eyes.

Old 05-27-2018, 08:34 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
The Scripture means that people don't honor the true God in truth, but in the tradition of men. Acceptance of the works of the flesh, i.e., homosexuality, is not of God but of men. The ways and doings of the world nowadays are dung in God's eyes.
Says you.

Throughout the New Testament, various accounts of how Jesus attempts to discuss/explain the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law.

Specifically in Mark 7, Jesus calls people to listen to him and explains that "Nothing outside a man can make him 'unclean' by going into him. Rather, it is what comes out of a man that makes him 'unclean.'

He's called to explain such because the hypocrites ... ahem ... the Pharisees are chastising Jesus & his followers for not obeying the customs, including some of the dietary ones.

It's not what goes into a man's mouth that can make him unclean, rather it's what comes out of his mouth, his words, that can do so.

He corrected them & exposed their hypocrisy by quoting from the Book of Isaiah, "You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to the traditions of men".

Old 05-27-2018, 10:25 AM

824 posts, read 704,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
most catholics and christians i know actually don't care for this pope. They think he's either a fraud or working for the devil.

make the vatican great again

Old 05-27-2018, 10:34 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't think Jesus wanted forced charity which is what taxing people to pay for welfare and food stamps is.

He said "I am the bread of life" That means only through Jesus can you find your calling on this Earth. But people are trying to be the bread of life for other people...was never meant to be that way. People are distracting others, keeping them down. Do you think it's a coincidence that liberals who push for creating more and more dependent people also are largely atheist and want to replace faith in God with faith in THEM.

This Earth is not the end or the beginning. You have to have faith in your purpose being put here for a reason. By providing for people and not challenging them you are preventing them from finding it themselves. God will NEVER give you more than you can handle but he does expect you to handle what is given.

I am most certainly for charity and forgiveness...but don't force others to pay charity. You are preventing THEM from doing good. That is why there is so much anger and angst in this world.
IDK about that, few times, Jesus told wealthy people to give all their stuff away to the poor and not be concerned with earthly possessions anymore.

Old 05-27-2018, 10:41 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
No, it's irrelevant to you. It's not irrelevant to over 1 BILLION Catholics worldwide and over 70 million Catholics in this country.
You can't make those numbers insignificant no matter how much you would love to.
From what I see in my parish, a large majority of the people put the secular world/ laws as the priority, christianity is only important, as long as it doesnt conflict with the secular world too much, or become too inconvenient.

Basically lots of christians want to be good secular citizens as well as being good chrisitians...this is just not possible though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies