Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 05:22 PM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times

Advertisements

Many epa regulations were over the top. I fully support shrinking govt. regulations and govt. in general. just because there isn't a federal regulation on the books doesn't mean businesses won't do the right thing. that gets lost on many people. littering is a crime but if "they" said it wasn't - would you litter? I personally know of one mfg. that does a lot of things they don't have to in order to fit their personal beliefs of caring for the environment - and the owner is -- wait for it -- a Trump supporter.

Get govt. out of the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2018, 05:38 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Now Trump is removing regulations that will allow toxic chemicals to pour into the water of Trump country.

"The Ohio River, which supplies drinking water to at least three million Americans as it flows from Pennsylvania to Illinois, where it empties into the Mississippi, is a hot spot. Six of the 14 plants identified were located on its banks."

https://psmag.com/environment/dozens...in-flood-zones

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-21-2018 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: edited for deleted content

Old 05-21-2018, 05:42 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
littering is a crime but if "they" said it wasn't - would you litter?
We tried that. It didn't work. Now you and I have to pay though our taxes for clean-up on Superfund sites, not the people who profited from dealing with chemical waste by pouring it into a hole in the ground. We know it happens, we know it will continue to happen unless we institute severe penalties.

Old 05-21-2018, 05:57 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,552,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Team Trump cuts nearly twice as many regulations as promised

The Trump administration is showing no signs of slowing its slashing of Obama-era regulations, beating their plans to cut two for every new rule and saving more than double what was hoped for, according to a new report.

When he came to office, Trump promised to cut two regulations for every new one he imposed.

The duo said that the percentage is actually 3.75 to 1, an unprecedented reduction.

Trump believes that cutting regulations, while it receives few headlines, is one of his team’s biggest accomplishments and a driver in the improving economy and investment in the United States.

Report: The Trump Administration’s Deregulatory Progress And Forecast

Good to hear. I wonder how the cuts in regulations are publicized...
This is one of the greatest accomplishments of our unsung hero, President Donald Trump. Keep slicing through all that red tape so American can soar to be the greatest ever.....AGAIN.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:03 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
We tried that. It didn't work. Now you and I have to pay though our taxes for clean-up on Superfund sites, not the people who profited from dealing with chemical waste by pouring it into a hole in the ground. We know it happens, we know it will continue to happen unless we institute severe penalties.

Dane there is no rollback of any regulations that would allow toxic chemicals in high concentrations to be dumped down a hole.

While on the topic anything can be deemed toxic. CO2 is deadly at 150,000PPM, CO is deadly at 800PPM. CO levels exceeding 200PPM over a short length of time also deadly. CO levels over 100PPM for lengthy period can also be deadly.

Point is simply labeling something toxic is not enough.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Dane there is no rollback of any regulations that would allow toxic chemicals in high concentrations to be dumped down a hole.

While on the topic anything can be deemed toxic. CO2 is deadly at 150,000PPM, CO is deadly at 800PPM. CO levels exceeding 200PPM over a short length of time also deadly. CO levels over 100PPM for lengthy period can also be deadly.

Point is simply labeling something toxic is not enough.
Can we abolish the EPA in coal country? The people that hate the environment can live (maybe) with the results. The country really just needs to split.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:11 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,621,220 times
Clean air and Water affects everyone. I can’t understand why the assault on our environment. The Swamp we need to drain is the President and his crooked family. Waiting for another shoe to drop....

Old 05-21-2018, 06:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Can we abolish the EPA in coal country? The people that hate the environment can live (maybe) with the results. The country really just needs to split.

Comments like this is exactly what ChrisC is talking about. No where in my posting history on this forum will you find any suggestion that we abolish the EPA. What you will find is rational, reasoned and knowledgeable criticisms of some EPA policies.

Old 05-21-2018, 06:59 PM

52,681 posts, read 47,932,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Many epa regulations were over the top. I fully support shrinking govt. regulations and govt. in general. just because there isn't a federal regulation on the books doesn't mean businesses won't do the right thing. that gets lost on many people. littering is a crime but if "they" said it wasn't - would you litter? I personally know of one mfg. that does a lot of things they don't have to in order to fit their personal beliefs of caring for the environment - and the owner is -- wait for it -- a Trump supporter.

Liberals have simply forgotten that littering is a crime, and the last time I looked, it hasn't changed. There are ways that we can care for the environment that are our responsibility. The government doesn't need to force anything down our throats. It's called common sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Clean air and Water affects everyone. I can’t understand why the assault on our environment. The Swamp we need to drain is the President and his crooked family. Waiting for another shoe to drop....
If you're that worried, then don't go to San Francisco, where environmentalists have strangely remained silent amid all the public pee-pee out there. And while that's a local decision (and a stupid one at that), don't be surprised if the Feds somehow intervene, and such may be unlikely. I agree that we need clean air and water, but you don't have to overregulate to make it work. And you're not getting rid of President Trump, either.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 05-21-2018 at 08:05 PM.. Reason: edited for deleted content

Old 05-21-2018, 08:25 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
There are reasons why some people celebrate having some of these regulations rolled back. And besides, you are absolutely right about one thing. The same people who really want the regulations rolled back will be the ones who suffer if there are indeed adverse effects to the environment that result from rolling back the regulations. Coal country not only produces the coal, but they are the most dependent on coal for power. There are a few other states which are hanging right there with W. Virginia and Kentucky, but not many.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.289f189675bf

Also, so many of your posts include a distinct separatist message. That is really quite disturbing to me, seeing as how we've already endured a very bloody war which resulted from certain people thinking their way was the right way, the only way. The southern states of this country tried to split our nation once before, and I'd truly hate to see that sort of bloodshed on our soil again. Because here's the thing, there will never be a peaceful separation of states in this country. Any attempt to split this country will result in a war. So please, think about that before issuing any more calls for the separation of states from the union. It is not productive, and the outcome would be devastating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies