Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 02:32 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times

Advertisements

the Starbucks is closer to me than the public library so I guess when I want to go work on something on my laptop I'll go to Starbucks instead and just sit there and use their bathroom too.......except they do play that annoying hipster music.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 02:53 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
This is gross. If they are going to do this, they need to have constant bathroom cleaning. Like every 15 minutes. It is going to be so gross.
Well, I think it's a great thing, as it might result in more jobs for people who want to work there.

And have you ever been in convenience store bathrooms? They get used a hundred times a day. Same thing. Eh, whatever...

Old 05-26-2018, 04:13 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Not everyone has a registered Starbucks card. Refills are not standard "free" for those without a card.
So what? The above ^^^^^ doesn't make your answer of no in post #122 any less wrong. You are only now qualifying your answer.

Quote:
Personally I don't know anything about registered Starbucks cards
If you do get refills during a visit, unless you are only buying drinks/beverages that aren't included in the free same visit refills program, you are poring money down the drain.

Quote:
so I don't know if what you're saying is correct or not.
It is.

Feel free to check the Starbucks website to verify that fact.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:14 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
You've supposedly spend thousands of dollars at Starbucks each year, are BFF with all their workers, but know nothing about their rewards program?

So you're confirming that all your stories are made up? Not that most people actually believed your homeless "pzzz" stories.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Purchasing never was a requirement. People have been hanging out in Starbucks without buying anything for as long as I can remember.

Of course, they’re mostly white.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:12 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Purchasing never was a requirement. People have been hanging out in Starbucks without buying anything for as long as I can remember.

Of course, they’re mostly white.
True. I've been to many Starbuck's. Sometimes I bought coffee, sometimes not. I've literally sat in a Starbuck's all day and studied in a chair.

I don't see what the big controversy is.

Old 05-26-2018, 08:23 PM

19,021 posts, read 14,198,297 times
No doubt taken from "Dharma & Greg" - - -

Old 05-29-2018, 01:02 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,974,016 times
I've only actually lounged in a Starbucks 1x in my entire life & I bought something that time, but normally, I've used the restroom several times throughout the yrs WITHOUT buying anything...just went in & out. None of the locations I've been to needed a code to open the restroom that I recall.

But I'm sure due to the recent incdient that happened, TONS of people stopped going there in support for the men. I haven't been in a while even before the incident myself. I'm sure numerous Starbucks felt in their wallets too & I'm glad!!! That will teach them to treat certain people any kind of old way.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 PM

7,449 posts, read 4,681,624 times
Occupy Starbucks!

Old 05-29-2018, 05:58 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,771 times
Racism is a very serious charge, you must have PROOF before you convict someone in the USA otherwise you are not justified in your conviction and are yourself guilty of incitement!

Cafe and bar policy vary from location to location depending on the area, big city vs small town...wealthy vs poor...homeless population. Your experience will RADICALLY vary depending on location, try international...lol

By "changing" the policy they certify that the previous policy existed. IMO they fired the manager even though she followed company policy. Stealing a parking place is not illegal (but its a bad idea)...kicking 2 black guys out of a cafe for violating company policy is not illegal (but its a bad idea) both of these have ramifications...people get shot over parking places, starbucks is gonna loose millions over the social justice warrior reaction PLUS the manager should sue AND young peole learned if you violate policy and refuse to cooperate with the police you may win big money and respect. Thanks starbucks.... thats gonna help our society's stability!!

Any proof of how long the men where in the cafe till the police call?
(Like the store camera)
Any proof they were not rude to the manager?
(Like the store camera)

I have professional experience in private and public security/law enforcement....starbucks has done a great disservice to the cafe/bar industry and the social culture of the USA for not standing behind their original policy and employee. Perhaps at most an apology to the men for a percieved insult and a letter of repremand to the manager for calling the police so quickly (if the facts were as reported) but no money and no social justice agenda. This kind of limp wristed capitchiulate policy flip flop garbage is why I wont buy Starbucks coffee again.

(I know what your thinking)
I am NOT a trump supporting consertive, just someone with professional experience in these matters disgusted by Starbucks making our jobs more difficult and our youth less respectful.

Last edited by Boer; 05-29-2018 at 06:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies