Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 04:02 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,125,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Got any proof to back up your accusations?
It's what I read in the news, heard on the radio, watched in the news, when the incident first occurred.

Do you have any proof that law enforcement responding didn't ask the two guys to leave the store, at which point they refused and in turn was arrested?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,017,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
It's what I read in the news, heard on the radio, watched in the news, when the incident first occurred.
So them arguing with the employees was is just another one of your made up stories in this thread. Because every single article I've read says otherwise.

Watch the video and hear what the eye witnesses in the store are telling the police. No one says anything about the men being rude. Instead they're questioning why the police are there as these 2 men did nothing.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:21 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
The argument, and rudeness came before the video was taken. How convenient.

Old 05-31-2018, 08:48 PM

1,031 posts, read 638,771 times
They recieved an "undisclosed" settlement from $tarbuck$ ....
Everything else was a symbolic smokescreen of PC social justice theater.

The POLICE commissioner stated that they were rude and disrespectful in his first interview (that i just posted)

Soon there after he was in full capitchiulate mode after $tarbuck$ corporate sent him his walking orders...

Big business and PC social justice are in charge here make no mistake, your "democratically" elected officials are their b***h..

I propose a new word added to the American english lexicon....

"CaBITCHiulate"

Old 05-31-2018, 08:51 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,259,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
They recieved an "undisclosed" settlement from $tarbuck$ ....
Everything else was a symbolic smokescreen of PC social justice theater.

The POLICE commissioner stated that they were rude and disrespectful in his first interview (that i just posted)

Soon there after he was in full capitchiulate mode after $tarbuck$ corporate sent him his walking orders...

Big business and PC social justice are in caharge here make no mistake, your "democratically" elected officials are their *****...

I perpose a new word added to the American english lexicon....

"CaBITCHiulate"
Great post.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:09 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Why not form a business start-up group with the same like-minded people & create/build a competing business model 'Moonbucks' or something like that?
A coffee start up? No thanks - that's a bit played out don't you think?

I think to get into food services you have to be a franchisee or passionate about your product. I don't care for coffee and I've got zero interest in food OR retail. These are low-margin businesses for the most part. And I certainly wouldn't ever try to mix business and politics...I'm not a Clinton.

Even truly wealthy people typically don't venture into these spaces and those that do view it more as a lifestyle/hobby business. They like the bragging rights of being "the owner" or having their own table whenever they want, or whatever drives that mentality.

There are a few that treat the business ventures as an extension of their personal brands and are successful at it, like Oprah, Michael Jordan, Paul Newman, Sean John, Dre, Marc Antony, or Maria Sharapova... just to name a few of the most memorable. But that kind of a venture requires pre-existing celebrity/fame, and typically their "brand opportunity" is vastly economically superior to their own original method of success, whatever it was.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:11 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
The POLICE commissioner stated that they were rude and disrespectful in his first interview (that i just posted) "
It's not a crime to be rude. It may be unpleasant but it's not against the law. And "rude" is very subjective.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:12 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The argument, and rudeness came before the video was taken. How convenient.
The manager of Starbuck's who called the police never even claimed they were rude.

Even if they were rude, businesses shouldn't call the police on someone for simply being rude. That's not a crime and not a reason to call the cops. It's just not.

Old 05-31-2018, 11:21 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
They do! And suggesting that they dont without evidence is inciting.
So you're doubting the claims that some white people at that Philadelphia Starbucks claimed that they had been given access to the restroom without buying anything ?

What would be the motivation for those white people to lie?

Old 05-31-2018, 11:29 PM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
The manager of Starbuck's who called the police never even claimed they were rude.

Even if they were rude, businesses shouldn't call the police on someone for simply being rude. That's not a crime and not a reason to call the cops. It's just not.
When the manager asked them to leave they refused repeatedly. At that point they were TRESPASSING. That IS a crime. That is why she called the cops. She told the cops they were rude, profane, and causing a disturbance. That is Disorderly Conduct. Another CRIME. Listen to the police tapes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies