Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 11:57 AM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Aside from being extremely elitist, I assume you never frequent your local library? Or park? The mall? Or any other place you may run into people you imply are beneath you?

Do yourself a favor and join a country club or a yacht club. They'll keep the riffraff out for you. After all, Starbucks does have an obligation to suit your needs and yours alone.
Your wrong again. I do go to the local libraries, parks and malls. There are lots of homeless in all of these places. I have no problems with them just as long as they conduct themselves in a presentable fashion. Library for example would kick anyone out who starts crapping and pzzing on the floors. Park Rangers and/or local law enforcement would be called if there were homeless people crapping and pzzing eyeshot from the public. Same goes for the malls, mall security would be right there on the spot to get them out.

Starbucks on the other hand welcomes this behavior. They can have it. I don't go to Starbucks anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 12:02 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Your wrong again. I do go to the local libraries, parks and malls. There are lots of homeless in all of these places. I have no problems with them just as long as they conduct themselves in a presentable fashion. Library for example would kick anyone out who starts crapping and pzzing on the floors. Park Rangers and/or local law enforcement would be called if there were homeless people crapping and pzzing eyeshot from the public. Same goes for the malls, mall security would be right there on the spot to get them out.

Starbucks on the other hand welcomes this behavior. They can have it. I don't go to Starbucks anymore.
That's an awfully big leap. Starbucks welcomes the people, same as the parks, libraries, malls, etc. I didn't see the part of the new policy where they welcome public defecation.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:05 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,203,791 times
Maga hat, Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks shirt and a Chic-fil-a lunch while manspreading at the Starbucks. Someone should Youtube that.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
That's how Starbucks has always been. LOL They're just putting out an official policy. I have no idea why anyone would care about this or be so triggered over a private company's decision.
As I've mentioned before, I've got lots of friends, present and past, who worked for Starbucks. In many cases, the stores specifically decide if they wish to enforce the bathroom access policy. I know two stores where they will just deep clean the bathrooms once and then close them off and hang a sign that says "Bathrooms out of order", just so they don't have to constantly go in and clean up some moron's mess. I think this is what we will see more and more of.

At another location where I'm personal friends of the store manager, this location is inside a mall. The store was trying to close the bathrooms for good because the mall has their own bathrooms and would have to then deal with any issues such as operation "feces & urine galore... on the walls, sink and floor". The regional manager wouldn't go along with it so they just put up a sign 80% of the time that says bathrooms are closed for cleaning.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:15 PM

15,064 posts, read 6,166,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Open wi-fi -- great place to do your business.

But yes -- in all the years I've been in Starbucks -- there are folks who have set up their office, their little study nook, etc...and nobody has said anything.

I think it is so hilarious that folks thing that Starbucks has not anticipated all the scenarios you all come up with.

They know what they are doing.
Not sure what you’re so bothered about. Of course, they know what they are doing.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:16 PM

Quote:
That's an awfully big leap. Starbucks welcomes the people, same as the parks, libraries, malls, etc. I didn't see the part of the new policy where they welcome public defecation.
Upper management at Starbucks on the corporate level knows damn good and well what happens in their bathrooms when it comes to homeless and vandals. They have a GL code specifically assigned for the expenses associated with the outside resources being called in on a regular basis that deals specifically in the cleanup of human waste. They know how much vandalism is going on in their bathrooms as well.

And then to open up the bathrooms to more of the same? They know and they welcome it by inviting anyone into the stores to use the bathrooms even though they aren't paying for anything. They've made this announcement public. If I was an employee at Starbucks, I'd quit. Obviously the decision makers for the company don't give a damn about what their employees have to go through on a daily and most cases an hourly basis. I'd quit and FedEx a dirty toilet brush to corporate with a note telling them to "chew on this".

Old 05-22-2018, 12:24 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,173,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Upper management at Starbucks on the corporate level knows damn good and well what happens in their bathrooms when it comes to homeless and vandals. They have a GL code specifically assigned for the expenses associated with the outside resources being called in on a regular basis that deals specifically in the cleanup of human waste. They know how much vandalism is going on in their bathrooms as well.

And then to open up the bathrooms to more of the same? They know and they welcome it by inviting anyone into the stores to use the bathrooms even though they aren't paying for anything. They've made this announcement public. If I was an employee at Starbucks, I'd quit. Obviously the decision makers for the company don't give a damn about what their employees have to go through on a daily and most cases an hourly basis. I'd quit and FedEx a dirty toilet brush to corporate with a note telling them to "chew on this".
So no public defecation policy? Duly noted.

Quit away. As is your right. As this policy was already widely known/assumed, I highly doubt anything will change and your poopfest scenario lives only in your head.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
So no public defecation policy? Duly noted.

Quit away. As is your right. As this policy was already widely known/assumed, I highly doubt anything will change and your poopfest scenario lives only in your head.
You could have argued that to be the case had I never seen it and known Starbucks employees personally over the years who've shared with me their experiences as employees dealing with these things. BTW - Outside of it not being anywhere near what I do for a living, Starbucks couldn't pay me enough to work for them.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:52 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,398 times
don't care. not a starbucks customer. the bums can have it.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
don't care. not a starbucks customer. the bums can have it.
That's basically what it's come to with me as well. The bums, vandals, etc. can have it. I'm officially calling it "The Crappery" from here on out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies