Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times

Advertisements

Anyone watch? Comments?

There certainly seem to be many making the case that rather than basing it's actions on available intelligence and the world situation this administration decided what its actions wpuld be and then sought intelligence and situations that would justify those actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2008, 10:17 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
As it stands, this special was one of the most comprehensive and detailed documentaries I have watched thus far. I'm still peeved about the manner in which they threw Powell under the bus.

The fact that they are trying to appear as incompetent tells me they wish to avoid being guilty in a court of law, if you catch my drift.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
As it stands, this special was one of the most comprehensive and detailed documentaries I have watched thus far. I'm still peeved about the manner in which they threw Powell under the bus.
I couldn't agree more. I think the administration's treatment of Powell showed poor judgemment and threw away what could have been a great asset to the administration and the country.

Quote:
The fact that they are trying to appear as incompetent tells me they wish to avoid being guilty in a court of law, if you catch my drift.

Many ststements made by politicians impress me as having been made only after being shaped with consideration for their possible future legal implication.

Last edited by burdell; 03-26-2008 at 11:22 AM..

Old 03-26-2008, 04:45 PM

I'd really like to hear a White House reaction to this show but I guess the best we might expect is a sneering "SO?" from QuickDraw Dick.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM

I watched it again this evening and it left me with a deeper disgust than before. It is quite evident that trio of Amigo's, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Wolfowitz were willing to sacrifice anyones career in order to attack Iraq. The openly admitted statements to Tony Blair's government of directing the evidence (no matter how thin) to fit the agenda, to Conoleezza Rice's complete and utter lack of a backbone or competence was sickening. It was pretty obvious that she was placed for the very reason and function that she provided... Yessum... I was surprised that George Tenet caved, because had Powell, Tenet, and Rice put forth a concerted effort to voice even their doubts and misgivings at the time, this all may have been avoided and instead the famous line, "Its a slam dunk" was uttered. The rest is history.

Old 03-26-2008, 09:35 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
You can tell Bush's tenure is coming to a end. Before if anyone said these things you were labeled all sorts silly things, now people are starting to see. Better late than never I guess, but what can be done now?

Old 03-26-2008, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
You can tell Bush's tenure is coming to a end. Before if anyone said these things you were labeled all sorts silly things, now people are starting to see. Better late than never I guess, but what can be done now?
Well there is a great deal that could be done but there is very little that will be done. Pelosi and many others from both sides of the aisle have already basically said that impeachment is off the table and it will be a cold day in hell before Michael Mukasey acts upon anything in opposition to this administration.

At this point, the people can merely count down the days and hope.

Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,603,163 times
Lightbulb Yes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Anyone watch? Comments?

There certainly seem to be many making the case that rather than basing it's actions on available intelligence and the world situation this administration decided what its actions wpuld be and then sought intelligence and situations that would justify those actions.
It was a very interesing documentary. The arrogance and imperious nature of this admin. is what we are living through today; look at Bush now refusing to boycott Olympics in China (Human rights--bah humbug he says )

Of course he has to kiss their a$$ due to all the billion$$$$ we now owe, thanks to him.

Old 03-27-2008, 05:11 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,373,482 times
Quote:
Well there is a great deal that could be done but there is very little that will be done. Pelosi and many others from both sides of the aisle have already basically said that impeachment is off the table and it will be a cold day in hell before Michael Mukasey acts upon anything in opposition to this administration.

At this point, the people can merely count down the days and hope.
that to me is infuriating. It is as if there is only justice for those who are not well to do. Those who are well to do or who are connected are above the law. How are we different from any other corrupt govt then?

Old 03-27-2008, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
that to me is infuriating. It is as if there is only justice for those who are not well to do. Those who are well to do or who are connected are above the law. How are we different from any other corrupt govt then?
I believe that part of this capitulation lies in the fact that Democrats also voted to enter into conflict with Iraq and continue to fund it. To bring about impeachment would be opening the door to their own actions and complicity and like most people, they would sooner kill every man, woman, and child on the face of the earth than to admit they made a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies