Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 07:52 AM

482 posts, read 242,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kajo13 View Post
Let me spell it out for you.

It doesn't matter what a woman does, she doesn't get blamed for a man forcing his penis into any of her orifices without permission. EVER.

Read this until your eyes bleed. NEVER WITHOUT PERMISSION.
BS, people should be held accountable for making bad decisions. You feed this crap to a young girl, and she's going to think that "what a woman does" shouldn't matter. Well, when she gets blacked out drunk around a bunch of teenage D-bags at a HS keggar, it's going to matter.

Nobody has the right to steal from somebody either, but if my son didn't lock his car doors or was flashing $100 bills around in public, I would be just as disappointing with him as I would my daughter getting stupid drunk at a party while dressed like a tramp because I have been telling them for years not to do these things.

Yes, I would victim blame my children for kicking a hornets nest and getting stung. It's called accountability. You can't control other people's actions, only your own. For that reason, we take precautions in life to avoid bad situations.

Old 05-24-2018, 07:58 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
So men can get drunk but women can't. Men can jog at night but women can't. Men can go to a woman's apartment but women can't go to man's place.

Perhaps men should have the same limitations, just to make it fair.
You're living in a world where men are physically stronger than women and where most men were born to desire women sexually much of the time. Its not fair, but that's the reality we live in. So whether women like it or not, if they're smart they should take precautions to protect themselves. Everyone should really do that, but especially women unless you live in a super safe country where crime and violence is extrememly low.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:07 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post
BS, people should be held accountable for making bad decisions. You feed this crap to a young girl, and she's going to think that "what a woman does" shouldn't matter. Well, when she gets blacked out drunk around a bunch of teenage D-bags at a HS keggar, it's going to matter.

Nobody has the right to steal from somebody either, but if my son didn't lock his car doors or was flashing $100 bills around in public, I would be just as disappointing with him as I would my daughter getting stupid drunk at a party while dressed like a tramp because I have been telling them for years not to do these things.

Yes, I would victim blame my children for kicking a hornets nest and getting stung. It's called accountability. You can't control other people's actions, only your own. For that reason, we take precautions in life to avoid bad situations.
Can you cite any evidence that 'dressing like a tramp' has any bearing on getting raped?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:12 AM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider99 View Post

So if your daughter did go to a party and get raped you would say I told you so? She probably knows this and could end up from your attitude, one that doesn't report for fear of being blamed.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:20 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
So if your daughter did go to a party and get raped you would say I told you so? She probably knows this and could end up from your attitude, one that doesn't report for fear of being blamed.
Would you tell her it's perfectly acceptable to get blackout drunk and pass out in a group of guys she did not know?

Old 05-24-2018, 08:21 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
We need to remove the word "rape" and just call it all assault. Period. Because that's what it is. You say rape and suddenly people lose their minds.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Would you tell her it's perfectly acceptable to get blackout drunk and pass out in a group of guys she did not know?
Why are these ridiculous scenarios the only options? The majority of rapes don't happen that way. People in this thread know this, right??????

And why aren't we equally hard on, if not significantly more hard on, the men at that party? As a man, I went to plenty of parties in my youth, and I never felt the urge to violate a passed out female. Not even close. Disgusting.

Some people's perspective on this issue are very warped.

There's not a single behavior of a woman that would make a rape deserved.

Instead of, frankly, wasting everyone's time with these lessons that actually won't prevent most rapes (because most don't happen at drunken parties), we should be spending more time discussing how to stop rapists from raping in the first place.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:24 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
You're living in a world where men are physically stronger than women and where most men were born to desire women sexually much of the time. Its not fair, but that's the reality we live in. So whether women like it or not, if they're smart they should take precautions to protect themselves. Everyone should really do that, but especially women unless you live in a super safe country where crime and violence is extrememly low.
Yea but men should be setting examples and behaving like monks in solidarity with women who are supposed to act like nuns. It's just the right thing to do, since it IS because of men that women must be so careful and on guard all the time.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:27 AM

1,316 posts, read 747,842 times
<sigh> This world makes me tired...

Yes, women (people, really) need to take precautions and be aware of surroundings and consequences. Absolutely. All the time.

But, rape is still ALWAYS the rapist's fault.

A girl can be passed out on a sofa at a crowded party with her skirt hiked over her hips, and it is not ever okay to have sex with her in that state. Ever. That's rape, and if someone engages in sex with her, he/she is a RAPIST and is 100% at fault.

If you place blame for the crime on the victim, you are part of the problem. You can point out that it is safer to behave in certain ways or not behave in other ways, but NOTHING a victim of rape does is calling for being raped. The choice to have sex with someone who says no or is otherwise not able to defend themselves is criminal, and not the fault of the victim.

Those of you who don't see the line between talking about being prepared and protecting oneself and blaming behavior on the victim are a huge part of the problem with not reporting.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:41 AM

482 posts, read 242,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Can you cite any evidence that 'dressing like a tramp' has any bearing on getting raped?
The way someone is dressed says a lot about them. Only a very stupid person would not realize this. The same reason I don't allow my daughter to leave the house wearing booty shorts and stilleto high heals, is the same reason why I don't allow my son to wear pants 3 sizes too big for him with gold chains chaining around his neck.

Are you for real?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies