Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2019, 01:34 PM

3,961 posts, read 4,388,318 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassTerp94 View Post
This might be more like history but it's bound to get political so I'm going to put it here.

Who in your opinion is the most overrated president and why? It could be any of the 44 (counting Cleveland once).

IMHO, Ronald Reagan. His policies led directly to the income inequality we are seeing today. He recongnized that his massive tax cuts bloated the deficit to unprecedented levels and tried to make up for it by stealing $3 TRILLION from the Social Security Trust Fund (and it was never put back). He ignored the AIDS crisis and was complicit, though not directly responsible, for the selling of arms tio Iran and the Taliban. He does get points for helping end the Cold War, but as we are beginning to see it never really ended, and Russia probably only backed down because they thought Reagan was crazy. The fact that he wanted to put giant laser beams in space to shoot down nukes means they were probably correct. He also gets way too much credit (that being any at all) for the release of the American hostages in Iran. Jimmy Carter didn't sleep for the last two days of his presidency as he was in constant contact with the Iranians to ensure the hostages' release. The only reason Reagan gets credit is because they waited until the precise moment he was president to leave Iranian air space so as to embarrass Jimmy Carter.

Told you it would get political...
Agreed, although every president since then has also found new ways to deregulate the financial industries. Only Obama has attempted to reinstate some regulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2019, 01:38 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
I think pretty much every president was overrated... I feel JFK, Obama, Reagan, and FDR were all overrated... Obama is not in the same league as the other guys but winning the Nobel prize? Please ...

Old 12-02-2019, 01:48 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,901 times
It's funny how people call Reagan overrated. I'm guessing foreign policy doesn't count in their observation?

Obama is clearly the most overrated President. Name ONE good thing he has done. Exactly.

Old 12-02-2019, 03:05 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
JFK. I don't understand why people loved the guy so much.

Old 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM

23,972 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
True...If it wasn't for Gingrich.... Clinton rating would be somewhere around Carters.

And remember it was on Clinton watch that the majority of 911 terrorist come to the US.

Wasn't it Gore who invented the internet and wasn't it under Clinton that the dot.com bubble burst?
You really do need to read up on Gore and the internet. Then thank him everyday. Seriously.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I think pretty much every president was overrated... I feel JFK, Obama, Reagan, and FDR were all overrated... Obama is not in the same league as the other guys but winning the Nobel prize? Please ...
Buchanan is probably underrated. I mean what the heck was he supposed to do?

Old 12-03-2019, 03:48 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,428,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
All Presidents are overrated by their followers.

And underrated by their opponents.

Trump is the only President who is X Rated.
Guess you didn't know about Billy Jeff's Oval Office blow-jobs from a young intern. It was in all the papers.....

Old 12-03-2019, 03:52 AM

5,024 posts, read 7,573,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
JFK. I don't understand why people loved the guy so much.
Because he united us and got us to the moon. Has any other country even tried putting a person on the moon?

Old 12-03-2019, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
It's early and my mind isn't fully awake yet.

You're saying that if Obama was a slave, he couldn't ever be president....is that it?
Was there slavery in Kenya?

Old 12-03-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Lincoln saved the Union. It is Robert E. Lee who was the traitor. Taking up arms against his own country, the United States of America.
How is it "treasonous" for the states to simply......leave? It's not like the Southern states wanted to take over the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies