Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 06:33 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It doesn't bother any of you that Trump's personal lawyers were sitting in on the meetings releasing the confidential memos?

Why would they be there. Congress has been asked to read the documents -- it wasn't a discovery or anything.

And -- crickets from the Republicans who read those documents today. Guess they have to take time to understand what they read -- or there is nothing there.
Doesn't it bother you that you can't even get the most basic of details correct?

Trump's personal lawyers were not there.

The White House counsel, and General Kelly were there only at the beginning of the meeting, and left not long after the meeting started.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
White house lawyer, not personal lawyer. Thats a vital difference. Id be concerned if it was his personal one.
You're the first person to note this (other than myself), and yes, you are correct, there is a big difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 06:57 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
You're the first person to note this (other than myself), and yes, you are correct, there is a big difference.

Im far more about facts and reality, and I know that often when outrages occur...the devil is in the details. Given the subject matter the whitehouse lawyer is very appropriate. Especially, as you point out, that he and Kelly did not stay for it all.

This is a touchy topic, but folks need to calm down and see what comes out of it.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,661,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
White house lawyer, not personal lawyer. Thats a vital difference. Id be concerned if it was his personal one.
To a normal president but not to this guy, be concerned .

Old 05-25-2018, 09:35 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,096,148 times
I'm curious what the democrats think should happen if there is no wrongdoing by the Trump campaign found?

If we do nothing, we are condoning widespread surveillance of the opposing party's campaigns, and it will happen again.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:43 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It doesn't bother any of you that Trump's personal lawyers were sitting in on the meetings releasing the confidential memos?

Why would they be there. Congress has been asked to read the documents -- it wasn't a discovery or anything.

And -- crickets from the Republicans who read those documents today. Guess they have to take time to understand what they read -- or there is nothing there.

Although off topic, research it and let us know who allowed them to be there. Then we can virtue check them too.

Old 05-25-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
To a normal president but not to this guy, be concerned .

He is not just some real estate mogal, with a TV show, any longer.
What has transpired, carries the death penalty. They thought they would get away with it, as long as the placed Hillary in to be their puppet.
Trump is not a puppet of the higher power.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:00 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I just remembered something Hillary said at a dinner party years ago, as reported by someone attending. I think I read it in a biography of her. She said Obama was turning into Nixon the way he was going after his enemies. Obama was known as a control freak, very secretive like Nixon. She would know, having worked in the Nixon White House.
Uhhh ... did you want to go back and check your sources on this?

I know she was a 'Young Republican' in college, and I read she attended the Republican National Convention in some year when she was young, but I don't think she would have been willing to accept a position in the Nixon white house. She was not that kind of Republican.

Old 05-25-2018, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Uhhh ... did you want to go back and check your sources on this?

I know she was a 'Young Republican' in college, and I read she attended the Republican National Convention in some year when she was young, but I don't think she would have been willing to accept a position in the Nixon white house. She was not that kind of Republican.

There is already another thread on this.

How does this involve,

The database reveals entries that show the NSA was conducting surveillance of Donald Trump, listing his addresses and locations in New York, Florida, and other parts of the country. Trump employees are mentioned, including dates and their addresses and phone numbers. They were under phone surveillance as well as financial surveillance.
Why would the government be monitoring Trump and his people for so long? As an influential and respected figure in this country and around the world, perhaps the government wanted to keep tabs on him. Perhaps they were concerned he would be a target for terrorism, or perhaps his business was being used for nefarious purposes.
But the fact remains that this kind of monitoring, over such a long period of time without judicial oversight and warrants, is un-Constitutional. Trump and his companies should not have been a target of any kind of secret, dragnet surveillance program.
Yet if this is what the government was doing years ago, before he ran for president, imagine what Obama was doing only a few months ago?

Old 05-25-2018, 10:09 AM

1,240 posts, read 2,239,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He is not just some real estate mogal, with a TV show, any longer.
What has transpired, carries the death penalty. They thought they would get away with it, as long as the placed Hillary in to be their puppet.
Trump is not a puppet of the higher power.
We'll see what happens. There's a good chance it will work out. There's a good chance it won't work out, but that's ok. We'll see what happens. Cyber. We'll see what happens. Witch hunt. Biggest in history. No one ever thought it could be done so fast. Everyone says it. It's my great honor, but we'll see what happens. I call it spy gate. You call it spy gate. We'll see what happens.

Old 05-25-2018, 05:54 PM

Obama fingered as the guy to get the ball rolling. Ordering Flynn to be spied on well before the meeting they say he met with Russians.

Started before Trump got the nomination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies