Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2018, 11:23 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As well she should. How do those Pharisees know if the women they are heckling are coming in for a pap smear or contraception? I guess they brought it on themselves, being of lesser means and all. Humiliation is part of the package.
Lesser means? In Brookline Massachusetts???

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 05-24-2018 at 11:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 11:45 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,280,665 times
Quote:
God obviously created cervical cancer for a reason, and who are we to interfere in his plans?

Back in the back alleys, I guess. They have Sinned and they should Suffer.
I get it, you need me to be a religious whacko, otherwise, how can you marginalize me and my opinion?

How's this: I am a completely unreligious geologist who views abortion as the ending of a human life because once the egg is fertized by the sperm, the resulting zygote has it's own genetic makeup independent of the mother who is carrying it. Further, that if no action is taken, it will develop into a person.

Take that action all you want, just don't make me pay for it.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:10 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Yes, we know. It's not about abortion, never was. It's about separating the worthy from the unworthy. It's about scoring brownie points with God, not by your own deeds, but by telling others what to do. But it's rare to see an open admission - thanks for making it this clear.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I get it, you need me to be a religious whacko, otherwise, how can you marginalize me and my opinion?

How's this: I am a completely unreligious geologist who views abortion as the ending of a human life because once the egg is fertized by the sperm, the resulting zygote has it's own genetic makeup independent of the mother who is carrying it. Further, that if no action is taken, it will develop into a person.

Take that action all you want, just don't make me pay for it.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:58 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
The comment was not directed at you. It was a comment on those harassing PP cleints on sidewalks. I think it's fair to call them religious whackos.

Quote:
Are you willing to take that to its logical conclusion? Wrongful death investigations into all miscarriages?

Old 05-24-2018, 02:41 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Actually I have no problem with the de-funding of Planned Parenthood because of some of their alleged illegal activities.

I heard there are about 60K community health care centers in the US to take care of women needs and I am pretty sure none sold body parts for profit.
So you want to defund PP from Title X funds because of some “alleged illegal activity”, how does that make any rational sense.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:48 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,838,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You should get your information from other sources besides propaganda news sites devoted to their own particular cause. In the first link you shared, they have a link to the document that the others I guess are trying to say are "defunding" PP.

Per that link, which is below, and which I was already aware BTW - PP is a non-profit association and any funds it receives from Title X are received via a grant/proposal selection process. So the government cannot "defund" PP since it is not a government program. They can only change the rules for the grants and grantees, like PP must follow their rules.

Now, since you are unaware or maybe won't admit as such, PP has not used Title X funds or any federal funds for abortion because that has never been allowed.

Also, in a proposal/RFP process, grantees cannot be denied participation or consideration by the granting agency (in this case the department of health and human services) unless they are debarred for some reason or have a bad track record that would make them disqualified. Contrary to what you'd like PP doesn't have a bad track record and is not debarred so they are eligible still, like they have always been to apply for and receive grant funding from the governing agency.

Also, note that PP is a medical clinic. People who have Medicaid or private insurance can and do receive standard care at their clinics. Their bulk of business is not abortion related.

Not sure why so many of you anti-abortionists are so focused on PP for this particular issue and ignore the other things they do. Also it would behoove you to learn how they funded so that you can see (finally) that government cannot waive a wand and "de-fund" them arbitrarily since they are not a wing of government.

I would think since you are anti-abortion that you'd support PP getting more grants to offer low or no cost birth control since contraceptives are the main way to prevent abortion in the first place.

Link to document: https://www.hhs.gov/opa/sites/default/files/title-x-nprm.pdf
Informative post, thank you.

Old 05-24-2018, 02:59 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Try to use your words.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:06 PM

8,750 posts, read 3,118,763 times
U.S. House passes $1.3 trillion omnibus bill that keeps funding Planned Parenthood

Trump, Congress Fund Planned Parenthood | The Daily Caller

President Trump Just signed a spending bill that fully funds Planned Parenthood.

GOP's Spending Bill Fully Funds Planned Parenthood | cnsnews.com

(mic drop)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies