Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2018, 12:44 PM

25,915 posts, read 24,591,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Let me help you. Crazy Kim is going to die. Hopefully this year. Rooting for our enemies isn't something I'd Bragg about.
He is not crazy. Nor is he an enemy, just because he hates the US. If that were the case, billions of humans would have to die.
I am objective, none of your brainwashed, nationalist rednecks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 12:48 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,375,850 times
The best that could ever have been hoped for was the two Koreas to come to a table and sign a formal peace accord instead of the floating armistice they have had since 53.

Trump stirred the pot enough to worry China so China yanked Kim's leash. Coupled with the geological destruction of Kim's nuclear test site also threatening China's well being to a certain degree they came up with an agreement between them that Kim would back down a bit but the deal or no deal item was Kim retaining absolute control over his little fiefdom.

A peace accord between the two Koreas in China's eyes would be no more than a softening of the current stance of a closed border to all but thoroughly vetted visitors being allowed to cross into N.Korea.

There would be all sorts of horns and whistle noises over a signed peace accord with everyone taking credit but nothing remarkably different would take place. China doesn't want American tourists flocking into N.Korea to witness that failed state in all its glory right next to one of the richest nations on the planet who were quite content to leave Kim to his dictatorship as long as he formed an effective buffer between China and the American funded advanced dynamo that is South Korea.

What better illustrative example between the two societal systems could their possibly be for the N. Koreans to see as proof of a superior system? They've been allowed to starve within sight and under auspices of the Chinese communist system while their counterparts in the South have enjoyed prosperity and far better QOL under the democracy influenced by the U.S.

Political analysts would all suggest that if a meeting of the minds occurs between the two Koreas it will essentially be meaningless in the short term and It's only tangible result being signatures on a peace accord and the cessation of missile testing. The nuclear weapons warhead experimentation will continue regardless. Only an abject fool would think otherwise......meeting and hugs all around notwithstanding.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:50 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,580,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Dear god it's like a letter written by an 8th grader in a school yard.

How did we wind up with this doofus for a president?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/polit...-un/index.html

I agree, the letter certainly had some bizarre phrasing.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
That philosophy is tired and no longer viable. Every so many decades, it may become necessary to show what happens when an enemy becomes emboldened. Many hundreds of thousands will die and lessons will be learned.
It will also reveal those on our side that aren't on the team.
Remember, we have enemies foreign and domestic.

Foolish nonsense no one over the age of 12 would promulgate. Your own citizens would have something to say about the unavoidable loss of American lives were such a silly game even contemplated by someone as demonstrably stupid as Trump.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:52 PM

88,614 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump got punked by a master and is trying to save face.
Punked? Hardly. Trump got three prisoners released from NK without giving up anything or paying one thin dime.

Obama traded 5 KNOWN ISIS terrorists for deserter Bowe Bergdahl.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:53 PM

4,342 posts, read 5,769,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
The fault for NK's statements lies with the US and SK. Instead of welcoming the opportunity, they had to carry out military exercises.

If I were NK, I would simply continue to dismantle the nuclear sites and allow independent controllers to confirm the permanent nature of the destruction of the nuclear program. In return China and others should no longer participate in the sanctions. That way the whole meeting would become redundant and Trump could go **** himself...

Maybe the NK president would get the Nobel Peace prize alone that way

And whether or not Kim remains the head of NK is none of any other country's business. As long as a country does not commit a genocide within or attack other countries, there is no reason to get involved in its domestic politics.

I can guarantee that this military exercise has been on the books for a while. I find it hilarious that anyone would think they would cancel something over a meeting that may or may not bring peace.

Kim is a dictator and he's being very sneaky about something. As I said above, there are some who think that Kim is just moving his stuff to another place and saying he is denuclearizing. Then again, Trump is doing more than his predecessors did.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM

25,363 posts, read 17,020,027 times
Kim wants to make an agreement with South Korea which would lead to US withdrawal from South Korea.

Smart people know this.
Libs don't. They think there must always be some sort of 'agreement' like the one Obama signed in 2012 and which led to North Korea's development of nukes.

Libs just ain't smart. They want payback NOW. You know, like a Nobel Peace Prize, like the one given to Yasser Arafat.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:58 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,167,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Dear god it's like a letter written by an 8th grader in a school yard.

How did we wind up with this doofus for a president?

https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/24/polit...-un/index.html
Quote:
You talk about nuclear capabilities, but ours are so massive and powerful that I pray to God they will never have to be used.
Wonderful. Nuclear threats from lil Donny are back on the table. It's like everything has to be a pissing contest with him.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:59 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,584,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post

The danger of all of this is does he go quietly. Even if the US and the International community were to do nothing I think it's inevitable there will be revolt in that country at some point in the future and that itself is a dangerous situation for all involved.
This is probably the end game but I wonder how dangerous it really is??

If the coup comes from within and is somewhat (quietly) backed by China, what can the Great Leader do? He's certainly unlikely to nuke his own country or china or anyone nearby...definitely unlikely to nuke anyone!

He can hope enough of the military is on his side...that's all he can really do. And, even if he wins by putting it down, it will do some damage to his iron rule (in the long run....in the short run, all bets are really off)...

A revolt from within seems like a good option to me...certainly better than his concentration and lifetime labor camps and murderous ways. I think the Chinese would also like it - even if it means that NK will be friendlier with SK. China looms so large there that the USA has little hope of doing much except being friendly with them (as you can see by even Trumps actions, let alone the last couple of decades).

Old 05-24-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Kim wants to make an agreement with South Korea which would lead to US withdrawal from South Korea.

Smart people know this.
Libs don't. They think there must always be some sort of 'agreement' like the one Obama signed in 2012 and which led to North Korea's development of nukes.

Libs just ain't smart. They want payback NOW. You know, like a Nobel Peace Prize, like the one given to Yasser Arafat.
Methinks you've got the two parties completely reversed. It's the Repubs that thought this whole sham was a big Nobel Peace Prize deal and it's the Democrats who are suggesting no one should be holding their breath that this will change anything one iota.

You're sure you're not suffering from dyslexia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies