Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 11:13 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Coming Soon !!

The TRUMP-NOKO FAILED SUMMIT COIN

One side has Trump's face in profile with "Failed Dotard" in fine script. The other side has a smiling Kim Jong Un with the caption, "I Fooled Him." Minted from 100% Fool's Gold. Get yours today.

Dems rooting for Trump to fail is like airline passengers rooting for the pilot to crash the plane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 11:08 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Kim Jong Un Still Committed To Meeting With Trump, South Korea Says
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...8a880c0a60/amp

Old 05-29-2018, 02:11 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, please, stay on topic Redd. The first part of your post has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. We are currently talking about President Trump cancelling the upcoming summit with NK, and to be more specific, I was talking about statements he has made regarding the negotiations with NK. Furthermore, in the second part of your post, I still do not see Donald Trump saying "It's a done deal" or "I'm the man, I did it" which is what was being discussed in the post you decided to reply to. Also, I believe that Twitter post by Trump was referring to the day when NK's leader crossed the lines and met with the SK president. This was a big thing, which is why Trump responded with excitement and enthusiasm. Perhaps declaring that the "Korean War TO END" was a bit over the top, but like I said, it was a big deal and could actually still be true. North and South Korea could easily move on with negotiations of peace without us.

First, I was not able to separate the tweets. That is how they came up from the link to Twitter.

Second, Trump is saying the it was a done deal as the Tweet said "Korean War to End". That is pretty definitive.

Third, Kim Jong Un's plan is to have South Korea move on without the US. The only thing more desirable for Kim other than to have the US/Trump show how desperate he is to have this meeting is to drive a wedge between the US and South Korea, and have all US presence removed from South Korea.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:26 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
KOREAN WAR TO END! is a bit over the top?

Ya think?

"James Comey can’t define what a leak is. He illegally leaked CLASSIFIED INFORMATION but doesn’t understand what he did or how serious it is. He lied all over the place to cover it up. He’s either very sick or very dumb. Remember sailor!"
is nuts as well.

However, it was clear that the two tweets were attached. It happens.

Redd Jedd made no comment on it, or any attempt to derail the discussion. In fact, I wouldn't have noticed if he had not been scolded for it.

Scolding others for posts that you consider inappropriate is sort of silly. Please stay on topic.

Kim's plan is to drive a wedge between South Korea and the U.S.

Moon has been working at this reunification for some time now. But I don't imagine he'd be foolish enough to go along with Kim's plan.

I suspect that's what all the Nobel Peace Prize business is about.

Old 05-29-2018, 06:21 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Today's update:

North Korea is keeping their nukes but they might agree to open up a burger joint

Quote:
Everybody knows they are not going to denuclearize," said one intelligence official who read the report, which was circulated earlier this month, days before Trump canceled the originally scheduled summit.

In an odd twist, a list of potential concessions by North Korea in the CIA analysis included the possibility that Kim Jong Un may consider offering to open a Western hamburger franchise in Pyongyang as a show of goodwill, according to three national security officials.
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/north-k...t-open-n878201
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies