Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2018, 05:14 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Since you have no idea what the kneeling NFL players are protesting against Let Me Lend You A Hand. NFL players that are kneeling are protesting against unarmed African-American men and boys being shot and killed. And that NFL protest is a peaceful protest which is a right of ours under the Constitution of the United States of America.
And I’m telling you that it almost never happens. It’s a big lie and a false narrative. And it is not a peaceful protest, it is abuse of trust as an employee. It is hurting the business of the NFL and is grossly inappropriate. There is a time to engage in personal protest - when you are not in uniform, not on someone else’s payroll, and not on someone else’s private property, and not participating in an entertainment product designed for people’s enjoyment. Nobody is interested in shooting law abiding citizens of any color. People get shot when they are in violent situations where tensions are running high, like during the commission of crimes or when they are being arrested. To avoid being shot, don’t commit crimes, don’t hang with people who commit crimes, don’t hang out in areas where crime is endemic, and keep your life clean and simple. Getting shot by a police officer usually means you were engaging in something where the likelihood of violence is high. Don’t do those things, and you won’t have a chance to get shot.

And if you want to protest something, do it on your own time. Don’t steal a spotlight that isn’t yours. As a player, shut your damned mouth and play football. After the game is over, go down to the public park and have a protest - on your own time. I’m not interested in your kneeling when I am watching football. Stop it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2018, 08:37 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
He is right. The NFL spoiled brats should be booed out of the stadium.

Old 08-12-2018, 08:50 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Anti-NFL Song Called "Take A Knee... My Ass!" | Video | Break

Old 08-12-2018, 09:35 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
If Trump didn’t tweet about the knee thing, it would go away.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Amazing how fast the NFL initiated this, but still haven't done very little about players that beat their girlfriends/wives.

You better watch out smarty pants because sworn Law Enforcement Officers also beat their wives and girlfriends.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:10 AM

24,598 posts, read 9,437,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Yes I believe so. As we know, it's an empty gesture anyway.

Old 08-13-2018, 12:17 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,573,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
And I’m telling you that it almost never happens. It’s a big lie and a false narrative. And it is not a peaceful protest, it is abuse of trust as an employee. It is hurting the business of the NFL and is grossly inappropriate. There is a time to engage in personal protest - when you are not in uniform, not on someone else’s payroll, and not on someone else’s private property, and not participating in an entertainment product designed for people’s enjoyment. Nobody is interested in shooting law abiding citizens of any color. People get shot when they are in violent situations where tensions are running high, like during the commission of crimes or when they are being arrested. To avoid being shot, don’t commit crimes, don’t hang with people who commit crimes, don’t hang out in areas where crime is endemic, and keep your life clean and simple. Getting shot by a police officer usually means you were engaging in something where the likelihood of violence is high. Don’t do those things, and you won’t have a chance to get shot.

And if you want to protest something, do it on your own time. Don’t steal a spotlight that isn’t yours. As a player, shut your damned mouth and play football. After the game is over, go down to the public park and have a protest - on your own time. I’m not interested in your kneeling when I am watching football. Stop it.

Pretty interesting do me a favor , and Google unarmed African-American males shot by police or better yet unarmed African American killed by police.

Old 08-13-2018, 06:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,120,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post

So basically you're saying we're stupid and don't know what we're talking about. Because YOU have never experienced it.

Great logic.

Do you even know this country's history when it comes to policing? Obviously not.

Funny how we go to war for "terrorism" but more Americans are killed by police than terrorist.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:20 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
At some point, yes it would. I say this because if an OK player who also had other issues like say Kaepernick or and older player like Lynch knelt (both did), they would drive themselves out of the league while others who still hold their weight would stay. The problem was Trump poured gasoline into the nearly smouldering fire with his "sons of *****" comment.

Old 08-13-2018, 07:34 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
He says "maybe" which designates choice, something to consider. They may want to live elsewhere if they have no respect for Americanism.

They can kneel all they want to in their personal life, the entertainment sports field is not the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies