Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2018, 02:23 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times

Advertisements

Yep except unlike the bullies on here, he was called out on and rightfully so. That was a cop encouraging potent vehicular assault if not vehicular manslaughter. It is disgusting the lengths the second amendment is verboten crowd is going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 02:29 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep except unlike the bullies on here, he was called out on and rightfully so. That was a cop encouraging potent vehicular assault if not vehicular manslaughter. It is disgusting the lengths the second amendment is verboten crowd is going.

Yep, the funniest line was this, in that story:

“He feels terrible and is very willing to apologize in person,”

Odd how people always feel "terrible" for making some comment, but only after they are caught on it. He no more feels sorry for saying it than the man in the moon.

I am a very strong supporter of the police, and have friends who are in LE, but when they cross a line, they need to be reprimanded for it, so maybe he will learn some lesson. But I doubt he will.

Old 05-29-2018, 02:51 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
It's really clear what I was saying: he has a very good reason to be angry. I made no comment on any of the other points that you're bringing up.

I agree "assigning blame" is complicated - but I also do not think the NRA is blameless in this. Our gun culture, fueled by the NRA, contributes partly to why we have so many school shootings (Yes, also in addition to other things like mental health).

If you don't want to recognize that simple fact, it's really not worth discussing any of this.
When was the last time the NRA was in a school building of any sort promoting this so called "gun culture"?

I never once saw an NRA affiliate in gradeschool, middleschool, highschool, or college.

There is no complication of assigning blame at all.
You have the typical, emotionally charged individual making over the top demands and claims, assigning blame on the wrong entity, wrong individuals.

If anything that has contributed to "gun culture" whatever that is, it would be the politicians who seek to chip away at the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

The ones who feebly believe the implement is solely responsible.
So when they propose new restrictive laws, their subjective interpretation, and it hits the news... Who is more believable?
An organization that defends that right
Or
The politicians who say we don't want to take your guns, no. We want jack boots to take them for us. Or maybe not go that far... maybe make it such a hassle to engage a civil liberty, make it so expensive to engage in a civil liberty, that it discourages others from continuing or pursuing it.

Take for example the BS that Rick Scott signed into law.
18-20 years old. Can't buy a firearm. That isn't an infringement on a civil liberty? It sets a precedent to be followed. If you can deny one civil liberty you can deny them all.

Heck what would stop me from restricting 18-20 year olds from voting? Exercising their freedom of speech?
You're not a person until age 21.

Say I ran for governor of Florida.
Another one happened. It's revealed the shooter was bullied on Facebook or whatever app kids use.
Bullied because of the way they dressed to the way they looked.

I rally for a vendetta to subjectively re-interpret the constitution as I see fit.
No more social media for anyone under the age of 21. No Internet accessible devices.
They played a role and contributed to this.
Since they were bullied on their fashion, mandatory school uniforms. Can't have any freedom of expression that creates toxic diversity afterall. And we can't have diversity with equality existing at the same time...
Prepare to cough up some serious coinage for juniors school clothes.

I violate their first to my subjective interpretation.
I don't stop there.
It's later revealed by the scumbag that they weren't just bullied online, but that they idolized previous scumbags. Learned the weapons and tactics used by others.
Afterall freedom of the press here's a contributing factor.

I stop the press from releasing any details and reporting about it.
Hefty penalties and fines come with that. Smashing servers arresting journalists and reporters. Burning paper print factories.

Kiss your first goodbye. I can force censorship to the levels that would make evil dictators the world's past envious! No more video games or movies that depict graphic violence. No more reporting on school shootings. Period. Doesn't even make a blip locally.

Since I don't trust parents I violate their and their kids 3rd amendment rights. They have to have an agent from the state within their home to monitor them to make sure they're not on the internet.
Gets better.

No more 4th Amendment rights.
You are subject to search and seizure.

No more 5th amendment rights. You must confess. And if the jack boots think you're lying, no lawyer no court. Skip those entirely. No 8th amendment. You will be subject to cruel and unusual punishment until you turn in the Internet capable devices.

And you know how I could do it?
By pandering to the emotional side of society incapable of rational and logical thought.

It's for public safety. Think of the children!

Nobody needs a 24 hour news feed. The founding fathers never saw technology to evolve beyond the printing press!

Nobody can live without government agents within the home to ensure the Internet doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Plus they're armed to protect you too.

You don't need due process go straight to jail. Afterall, due process is what failed here, and allowed a murderous individual to go on a rampage.
If we had stop and frisk like we do now, it would never have happened.
If they couldn't hide behind the 5th and refuse to answer whether they had guns or the Internet, or use the excuse of private property it would never have happened.

There's no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment anymore. Not when innocent people were slain... so if you don't confess and cough em up... we will beat it out of you and anyone else who protects you or objects on your behalf.

You don't need a high capacity lawyer to represent you.
Afterall... court of public opinion reigns supreme.

And I could do it too. All under the disguise of public safety and for Muh Childrunz.
Sound like 1930s Germany yet?
It gets better.

I declare anyone who objects as enemies of the state. Their property is subject to seizure without haste. They will be rounded up and dealt with accordingly.

With the seizure of wealth and half the population gone, the surplus is so high, I provide free health care at the cost of others. I provide slave labor through the detainees/prisoners/enablers to businesses that support my ideology. Or just simply looking to save a buck.

And without the 2nd Amendment. What would stop me?

History repeats itself if ignored.

As for Hogg his anger is severely misdirected.
Afterall. I don't see any first person shooter video games that hold an NRA endorsed watermark/logo on them. I don't see an NRA logo/watermark on any Hollywood flicks either. I don't see anywhere in the NRA's about us, that defends heinous actions of mass murder, nor endorses nor promotes it. Nor defends/promotes bullying.
He should be asking why Isreal and Runcie collaborated with the PROMISE program that protected scumbags under the disguise of well, it's hard to get a job, hard to get into college, hard to start a career with an arrest record. So rather than punish criminals for their offenses, we will simply sweep their behavior under the rug and turn to counselling rather than punishing.
Not like it's difficult to purchase a firearm legally with an arrest record or anything...

And what is gun culture exactly?
Is it enjoying a hobby that differs from others hobbies?
Is it engaging a civil liberty no different than their 1st amendment rights?
Is keeping and bearing arms solely for putting food on the table?
Is it keeping and bearing arms for self defense and defense of ones property?
What exactly is it?

Old 05-29-2018, 05:56 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
The cop was making a joke about what COULD happen, he was never trying to promote it. I said that it would be a hoot if somebody banged their shopping carts into the protestors heads or walked over and on top of them or kicked them to get out of the way while they shopped.
If they were to protest by laying on train tracks or the highway, if they get run over it would be on them. How is that promoting violence against these idiot kids?

Old 05-29-2018, 06:54 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
The cop was making a joke about what COULD happen, he was never trying to promote it. I said that it would be a hoot if somebody banged their shopping carts into the protestors heads or walked over and on top of them or kicked them to get out of the way while they shopped.
If they were to protest by laying on train tracks or the highway, if they get run over it would be on them. How is that promoting violence against these idiot kids?
Those "idiot" kids had 17 of their classmates mowed down and killed.

Apparently schools are the new battleground. More people get killed in them by .223 ammo then servicemen in Iraq, Afghanistan or elsewhere in the past year.

Do you denigrate those that honor the fallen service men and women?

Old 05-29-2018, 06:56 PM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
You are practicing obliviousness if you don't realize the NRA's massive influence on the Republican party. And yes, that does fuel gun culture.
Again, what is gun culture ?
The NRA doesn't influence politicians as much as you think.
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...gress-money-no

Old 05-29-2018, 08:16 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,309,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
When was the last time the NRA was in a school building of any sort promoting this so called "gun culture"?

I never once saw an NRA affiliate in gradeschool, middleschool, highschool, or college.

There is no complication of assigning blame at all.
You have the typical, emotionally charged individual making over the top demands and claims, assigning blame on the wrong entity, wrong individuals.

If anything that has contributed to "gun culture" whatever that is, it would be the politicians who seek to chip away at the constitutional right to keep and bear arms.

The ones who feebly believe the implement is solely responsible.
So when they propose new restrictive laws, their subjective interpretation, and it hits the news... Who is more believable?
An organization that defends that right
Or
The politicians who say we don't want to take your guns, no. We want jack boots to take them for us. Or maybe not go that far... maybe make it such a hassle to engage a civil liberty, make it so expensive to engage in a civil liberty, that it discourages others from continuing or pursuing it.

Take for example the BS that Rick Scott signed into law.
18-20 years old. Can't buy a firearm. That isn't an infringement on a civil liberty? It sets a precedent to be followed. If you can deny one civil liberty you can deny them all.

Heck what would stop me from restricting 18-20 year olds from voting? Exercising their freedom of speech?
You're not a person until age 21.

Say I ran for governor of Florida.
Another one happened. It's revealed the shooter was bullied on Facebook or whatever app kids use.
Bullied because of the way they dressed to the way they looked.

I rally for a vendetta to subjectively re-interpret the constitution as I see fit.
No more social media for anyone under the age of 21. No Internet accessible devices.
They played a role and contributed to this.
Since they were bullied on their fashion, mandatory school uniforms. Can't have any freedom of expression that creates toxic diversity afterall. And we can't have diversity with equality existing at the same time...
Prepare to cough up some serious coinage for juniors school clothes.

I violate their first to my subjective interpretation.
I don't stop there.
It's later revealed by the scumbag that they weren't just bullied online, but that they idolized previous scumbags. Learned the weapons and tactics used by others.
Afterall freedom of the press here's a contributing factor.

I stop the press from releasing any details and reporting about it.
Hefty penalties and fines come with that. Smashing servers arresting journalists and reporters. Burning paper print factories.

Kiss your first goodbye. I can force censorship to the levels that would make evil dictators the world's past envious! No more video games or movies that depict graphic violence. No more reporting on school shootings. Period. Doesn't even make a blip locally.

Since I don't trust parents I violate their and their kids 3rd amendment rights. They have to have an agent from the state within their home to monitor them to make sure they're not on the internet.
Gets better.

No more 4th Amendment rights.
You are subject to search and seizure.

No more 5th amendment rights. You must confess. And if the jack boots think you're lying, no lawyer no court. Skip those entirely. No 8th amendment. You will be subject to cruel and unusual punishment until you turn in the Internet capable devices.

And you know how I could do it?
By pandering to the emotional side of society incapable of rational and logical thought.

It's for public safety. Think of the children!

Nobody needs a 24 hour news feed. The founding fathers never saw technology to evolve beyond the printing press!

Nobody can live without government agents within the home to ensure the Internet doesn't fall into the wrong hands.
Plus they're armed to protect you too.

You don't need due process go straight to jail. Afterall, due process is what failed here, and allowed a murderous individual to go on a rampage.
If we had stop and frisk like we do now, it would never have happened.
If they couldn't hide behind the 5th and refuse to answer whether they had guns or the Internet, or use the excuse of private property it would never have happened.

There's no such thing as cruel and unusual punishment anymore. Not when innocent people were slain... so if you don't confess and cough em up... we will beat it out of you and anyone else who protects you or objects on your behalf.

You don't need a high capacity lawyer to represent you.
Afterall... court of public opinion reigns supreme.

And I could do it too. All under the disguise of public safety and for Muh Childrunz.
Sound like 1930s Germany yet?
It gets better.

I declare anyone who objects as enemies of the state. Their property is subject to seizure without haste. They will be rounded up and dealt with accordingly.

With the seizure of wealth and half the population gone, the surplus is so high, I provide free health care at the cost of others. I provide slave labor through the detainees/prisoners/enablers to businesses that support my ideology. Or just simply looking to save a buck.

And without the 2nd Amendment. What would stop me?

History repeats itself if ignored.

As for Hogg his anger is severely misdirected.
Afterall. I don't see any first person shooter video games that hold an NRA endorsed watermark/logo on them. I don't see an NRA logo/watermark on any Hollywood flicks either. I don't see anywhere in the NRA's about us, that defends heinous actions of mass murder, nor endorses nor promotes it. Nor defends/promotes bullying.
He should be asking why Isreal and Runcie collaborated with the PROMISE program that protected scumbags under the disguise of well, it's hard to get a job, hard to get into college, hard to start a career with an arrest record. So rather than punish criminals for their offenses, we will simply sweep their behavior under the rug and turn to counselling rather than punishing.
Not like it's difficult to purchase a firearm legally with an arrest record or anything...

And what is gun culture exactly?
Is it enjoying a hobby that differs from others hobbies?
Is it engaging a civil liberty no different than their 1st amendment rights?
Is keeping and bearing arms solely for putting food on the table?
Is it keeping and bearing arms for self defense and defense of ones property?
What exactly is it?
Do schools still have Rifle clubs? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.

Do parents own guns and teach their children how to shoot, take them to the range, go hunting? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.

Raising the age to 21 won't matter when these kids have already been taught how to shoot and have access to their parents guns. Their parents are promoting the use of guns to them. We do not know whether Cruz grew up in a gun household with his elderly, adopted parents. However, the couple who let him stay with them DID allow him to bring his guns with him. They would be part of the gun culture. There was another couple who refused him if he brought his guns into their home. Did they have that right? Were they violating his 2nd Amendment rights? Do you think Minors should have 2nd Amendment rights also? They should not have 1st Amendments rights? Ever hear sticks and stones (or guns 2nd) will break my bones (kill me), but words (1st Amendment) cannot hurt me. That is why even children have one right and not the other.

You will never read in American Rifleman about an unarmed citizen disarming the bad gun with a gun, i.e, Tuscon, LIRR, Waffle House, and the last school shooting. However, "If you have firsthand "Armed Citizen" experience, call NRA-ILA, etc., etc. They publish those. Gun culture.

In their June 2018 issue there are a number of articles on "stopping them" from taking away your rights! I am not quoting these since I have no desire to read any of their propaganda. There is only one ad in the entire issue about hunting showing a deer in a scope. Not about politics?

NRA sells fear and paranoia.

Old 05-29-2018, 08:56 PM

29,442 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Do schools still have Rifle clubs? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.

Do parents own guns and teach their children how to shoot, take them to the range, go hunting? That is a part of gun culture. No NRA necessary.

Raising the age to 21 won't matter when these kids have already been taught how to shoot and have access to their parents guns. Their parents are promoting the use of guns to them. We do not know whether Cruz grew up in a gun household with his elderly, adopted parents. However, the couple who let him stay with them DID allow him to bring his guns with him. They would be part of the gun culture. There was another couple who refused him if he brought his guns into their home. Did they have that right? Were they violating his 2nd Amendment rights? Do you think Minors should have 2nd Amendment rights also? They should not have 1st Amendments rights? Ever hear sticks and stones (or guns 2nd) will break my bones (kill me), but words (1st Amendment) cannot hurt me. That is why even children have one right and not the other.

You will never read in American Rifleman about an unarmed citizen disarming the bad gun with a gun, i.e, Tuscon, LIRR, Waffle House, and the last school shooting. However, "If you have firsthand "Armed Citizen" experience, call NRA-ILA, etc., etc. They publish those. Gun culture.

In their June 2018 issue there are a number of articles on "stopping them" from taking away your rights! I am not quoting these since I have no desire to read any of their propaganda. There is only one ad in the entire issue about hunting showing a deer in a scope. Not about politics?

The NRA sells fear and paranoia...well they must not be very good at it. With over 100 million firearms owners in this country only 5 million are NRA members. And people think they are controlling the GOP...SMH...

Old 05-29-2018, 10:01 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post

Is it paranoia when they're really out to get you?

Old 05-29-2018, 11:40 PM

2,309 posts, read 900,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Those "idiot" kids had 17 of their classmates mowed down and killed.

Apparently schools are the new battleground. More people get killed in them by .223 ammo then servicemen in Iraq, Afghanistan or elsewhere in the past year.

Do you denigrate those that honor the fallen service men and women?
Well duh. Our soldiers aren't being shot at with .223. they are shot at by 7.62x39.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies