Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2018, 11:19 PM

31,245 posts, read 22,246,811 times

Advertisements

Who knows what Democrats believe in these days? Sanctuary cities? Freeing Terrorist from Gitmo? Destroying Libya, Sending arms to ISIS and Al-Qaeda in Syria?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 01:08 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,762,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Selective outrage.
If Obama had described KKK members as animals, very few people would have disagreed or defended the Klan.
TDS is so bad, Trump could say that the sky is blue tomorrow and it would spark a furious backlash insisting that the sky is pink and that he should be impeached for his terrible lie. He could say, "Rape is bad!" and he'd have them shrieking, "How dare you say that rape is bad!" It amazes me that this is the world we live in.

And as I've had to repeatedly say, I don't even like Trump. But I do believe in having a grip on reality.

I find it highly amusing that he had Democrats defending the North Korean regime and now the murderous MS-13 gang. Trump can quite literally get the Left to support anything he wants just by taking the opposite side.

Old 05-26-2018, 02:02 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,948,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I don't know about Democrats leaving "in Droves." This is the Daily Wire, after all, and they are known to go for alternative "facts," especially when they can make conservatives look good and liberals look bad. But I can say this. The first time I heard about Trump's "animals" comment was on NPR, where I get most of my news. They gave the story in context and I knew from that first story that he was talking about M-13. There was never any misinformation from NPR. I don't know about other sources. But "all" democrats were not being lied to or being mislead.

NPR may have gotten that story right, but listening to cnn, msnbc, abc, cbs, nbc, etc. you would think that trump called all immigrants animals, and not just ms-13 gang members.

NPR may give the news a liberal slant, an obvious one by the way, but they at least get close to what is really said.

Old 05-26-2018, 04:55 AM

18,474 posts, read 7,131,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Democrats are paying dearly for lying about Trump's comments regarding violent MS-13 gang members, poll says.

One of the trifecta issues along with support for Hamas, and NK. I'm not sure one issue can be isolated in a very bad week for the libs.

Millennials are leaving the Democratic Party in droves. Apparently they are seeing the democrats for what they are for the first time. They are not so quick to accept or defend violent criminals the way Dem leadership expected.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/30950...-ryan-saavedra

Cue the selective outrage. Where was this concern for civility when Hillary "deplorables" Clinton said the NRA reminded her of the "Iranians" and the "communists"? Recall, too, Clinton's own "animals"-type description of some black criminals. In 1996, Clinton said: "We need to take these people on. They are often connected to big drug cartels. They are not just gangs of kids anymore. They are often the kinds of kids that are called superpredators.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...nd_137105.html

But.....but....MS-13 just wants a better life.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:56 AM

59,438 posts, read 27,594,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
I don't know about Democrats leaving "in Droves." This is the Daily Wire, after all, and they are known to go for alternative "facts," especially when they can make conservatives look good and liberals look bad. But I can say this. The first time I heard about Trump's "animals" comment was on NPR, where I get most of my news. They gave the story in context and I knew from that first story that he was talking about M-13. There was never any misinformation from NPR. I don't know about other sources. But "all" democrats were not being lied to or being mislead.

Why don't you try to go after the FACTS reported by Reuters RATHER then the MESSENGER?

Can you refute what their poll said or not?

( For the record, I have ALWAYS said I do NOT believe any poll)

"The Reuters Poll revealed that the double-digit lead that the Democrats held over Republicans last month in generic ballot voting for the 2018 midterms among registered voters is now completely gone as Republicans have opened up a six-point lead over the Democrats."

"But "all" democrats were not being lied to or being mislead"

Yes they are. We ARE ALL BEING LIED TO by the dem leaders and the LSM.

It us up to them and us to believe what they are being told or not.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-26-2018 at 06:09 AM..

Old 05-26-2018, 06:07 AM

59,438 posts, read 27,594,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s okay, they quickly switched gears and defended MS-13 from Trump’s awful, dehumanizing name calling. Because I’m sure most in the Hispanic community love having these guys carve up their children with machetes. They are their main victims after all.

Seriously, who are they trying to please with this idiocy?
"from Trump’s awful, dehumanizing name calling"

You put lipstick on a pig, it is STILL a big.

When humans act like wild animals, by the we are ALL part of the "animal" species, what is wrong with calling them what they act like?

Using machetes cutting just enough to make you bleed, but not enough to kill you, torturing you for HOURS then yanking your heart out while you are STILL alive, is NOT acting like a human beng.

Doing this to young, rapes, etc, is acting like some wild ANIMAL.

To defend it is even WORSE.

Sorry if it offends the snowflakes!

The left is NOTORIOUS for insults and name calling, read through this forum but, NOW all of a sudden they are disgusted with someone else using "bad" words.

They REEK with hypocrisy!

Old 05-26-2018, 06:14 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,051,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Selective outrage.
If Obama had described KKK members as animals, very few people would have disagreed or defended the Klan.
Actually, having been told by several right-wing bigoted stooges to my face that "the Klan and Neo-Nazis are not violent people," I'm not so sure about that.

Additionally, Trump has a long history of bigotry that goes back WAY before he ran for office. He's not - correctly - calling out gang members as animals... he's calling out "brown people" as animals. Just because the right-wingers lap that hatred up and give Trump a bump in the polls doesn't mean it's correct. Remember that Trump always received a bump in the polls when he spewed out bigotry during the campaign.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It’s okay, they quickly switched gears and defended MS-13 from Trump’s awful, dehumanizing name calling. Because I’m sure most in the Hispanic community love having these guys carve up their children with machetes. They are their main victims after all.

Seriously, who are they trying to please with this idiocy?
Extremists. The same types of people Trump is trying to please, and with great success, every day, when he mouths off bigoted idiocy.

As for MS-13, get rid of them. But don't pretend for a moment that the far-right who loves Trump is selective in which "brown people" they want dealt with.

Last edited by Rambler123; 05-26-2018 at 06:27 AM..

Old 05-26-2018, 06:22 AM

19,718 posts, read 16,915,283 times
Ya know, every time I read one of these threads where someone on the right is complaining about the left "lying", it hurts my head. They have such selective outrage about some alleged dishonest comment by one of us, and yet, they completely ignore the FACT that their leader is the King of Lies.

Donald Trump does not just lie, he does it in spades. He lies to cover up stuff, and he lies when he doesn't even have to..........he JUST LOVES LYING ! But his Trumpees think that is somehow ok, or, just Trump being Trump.

Very strange set of values on the Right, very strange.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ya know, every time I read one of these threads where someone on the right is complaining about the left "lying", it hurts my head. They have such selective outrage about some alleged dishonest comment by one of us, and yet, they completely ignore the FACT that their leader is the King of Lies.

Donald Trump does not just lie, he does it in spades. He lies to cover up stuff, and he lies when he doesn't even have to..........he JUST LOVES LYING ! But his Trumpees think that is somehow ok, or, just Trump being Trump.

Very strange set of values on the Right, very strange.
Yep. It's like watching the right-wing bible-thumpers I know craft every twisted excuse in the book to justify Trump's completely ungodly actions at every turn. They are in no position to complain about anyone else lying, lacking a vision, or being hypocrites since at this point they just "support Trump" even if they have no idea what that even means anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies