Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2018, 07:02 PM

56,967 posts, read 25,922,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
here is the thing about the American left today.

They are totalitarians who want to destroy the lives of anyone and everyone that does not toe the line.

They hate you because you do not think the way they tell you to think.

period. That is the American left.
Attempts to destroy the media, the justice department, courts and our democracy and attempts to place doubt regarding every institution sounds like Trump. Trump, Putin and Erdogan are not that far apart in their philosophy but for some reason you see that as a liberal trait.

Last edited by Goodnight; 05-31-2018 at 07:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 11:40 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,284,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I cited my source."

They say it therefore you believe EVERY SINGLE WORD THEY SAY! Wrong as usual. That's a Trump-related sycophant thing. You're projecting where it doesn't belong.

A VERY LIBERAL ONE that ENDORSES DEMS. Generally leans liberal, but not exclusively. They have supported good Republicans locally who work in the best interest of the community. There are some. Your catchall statements don't fit all. Not everyone else is as much "us vs. them" as you and most Trumpers

If you DON'T think that does NOT affect what they say, I have ridge for sale. Interested?
I don't think that. Just because it affects what they say, doesn't make what they say wrong. Facts are facts. Trumpers just don't accept real ones as such. That's why Trumpers love them some Trump.
What ridge is that?

"You can do the same for yours"
I could cite Mad Magazine and be MORE CREDIBLE then a local biased one. You do revel in wrongness and catchall generalities that don't fit all, doncha? But citing Mad Magazine is right up there with some of the other Trumper favorite uncredible sources on this forum, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise. Just one more thing for most to roll their eyes at.

"The few folks from his area that I talk to who still support Nunes"So, you base your positions on only talking "to a few" and then want US to give you credibility! And you by omitting a key contextual part of another's post. There are a FEW who still support Nunes but MANY who do not that I talk to as well. Feel better? and then want US to give you credibility! Not you obviously.You don't accept a non-Trumper's words as credible whatever is said. Right?
My, my, you do get riled and offended by rationality and logic. When you get that Trumper back up you just overgeneralize and get things wrong all over the place.

Last edited by mollyblythe; 06-01-2018 at 12:00 AM..

Old 06-01-2018, 04:04 AM

51,591 posts, read 25,595,584 times
Article from the Fresno Bee's editorial board points out that Nunes has a hefty campaign fund, name recognition, and a district where majority of the voters are registered Republicans.

Which is likely why he does't schedule hold Town Hall meetings and or answer constituents' questions.

Devin Nunes and the fateful cruise on the Alpha Omega Winery yacht | The Fresno Bee

"In 2016, Nunes was only focused on the election of Donald Trump, raising millions of dollars from special interest groups and serving on Trump’s transition team."

"As the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, his only focus has been defending Trump from the ongoing investigation of Russian meddling into our democracy and our right to hold free elections."

"Why continue voting for someone who does not spend his time in Washington representing his constituents? Why support someone who does not work on matters that are most important to his constituents?

Devin Nunes | Criticized for not helping Tulare County | The Fresno Bee

Old 06-01-2018, 04:06 AM

Three billboards outside Fresno, CA

"Why is Devin Nunes hot on Russia..."

"While farmers get burned by a trade war with China?"

"Congressman Nunes, how could you forget us?"

'Three billboards outside Fresno' say Nunes cares more about DC than the Valley | The Fresno Bee

Old 06-01-2018, 04:21 AM

27,206 posts, read 46,607,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Wow. Certainly direct. And very refreshing.

"Mr. Nunes is attempting to undermine the rule of law in this country."

https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-po...hometown-paper
I guess, another liberal almost out of business newspaper that’s is seeking another 15 min of existing

Nunez can become President one day!

Old 06-01-2018, 04:31 AM

He could be POTUS one day.

He lies up one side and down the other and has strong Republican support.

He's got the qualifications.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:17 AM

58,674 posts, read 26,969,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Maybe you can find a news source that paints Nunes in a positive light since you seem to have access to information, maybe the Conservative Tree House? I don't expect you to reveal your source, that would be too embarrassing. Better to just shout they're wrong and pass that off as intelligent conversation.
"Maybe you can find a news source that paints Nunes in a positive light since you seem to have access to information,"
A very BAD attempt to move the goal posts, as libs usually do.

I do NOT have to find ANYTHING because I did NOT make any claims about Nunes.

"Better to just shout they're wrong"

No different then YOU defending this liberal "new" paper.

Did YOU look to find ANY other RELIABLE sources for this story, or do you accept is as being correct, "because you read about it in a "news"paper?

"and pass that off as intelligent conversation."

Pot, meet kettle!

Old 06-01-2018, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Attempts to destroy the media, the justice department, courts and our democracy and attempts to place doubt regarding every institution sounds like Trump. Trump, Putin and Erdogan are not that far apart in their philosophy but for some reason you see that as a liberal trait.

"Attempts to destroy the media"

More lib B.S.

Besides the media has had LOWER approval; ratings then even Congress for DECDES, so save us your sudden indignation!

"the justice department, courts and our democracy and attempts to place doubt regarding every institution sounds like Trump"

You REALLY need o go to your "safe place" with your crayons and call your therapist!. I'm sure you have her on speed dial.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
My, my, you do get riled and offended by rationality and logic. When you get that Trumper back up you just overgeneralize and get things wrong all over the place.

"]My, my, you do get riled and offended by rationality and logic"

NOT offended in the least, (it seems the left gets "offended" by evry little thing even when THEY do it or say it).

"rationality and logic"?
If you believe that "new" paper is NOT biased that ONLY endorses democrats, I have bridge to sell you.

Old 06-01-2018, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
He could be POTUS one day.

He lies up one side and down the other and has strong Republican support.

He's got the qualifications.

"He lies up one side and down the other"

It worked for bill clinton and obama and ALMOST hillary.

All of a SUDDEN the left "cares" about such things.

Hypocrisy at its FINEST!

You CAN'T make this stuff up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies