Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 06:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
For some bizarre reason Gingrich garners admiration from the right and he's such an amoral lying sack of self-serving crap, but then again look at their standard bearer in The White House.

Gingrich also wangled a job for his wife in this putrid administration so some boot-licking is required.
^^^This.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2018, 06:45 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Nothing to dispute, they are all lies. It's Newts history, spit out stuff and hope it sticks to the wall.
Hey, thanks for proving my point. twice now, you got nothin' factual to dispute what Newt says.

(Third time's a charm, they say..)

Old 05-27-2018, 06:46 PM

16,761 posts, read 8,207,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Did you believe Gingrich when he said that government is too large or that Bill Clinton needs to be impeached?
No and Yes.

Old 05-28-2018, 07:56 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
Quote:
Definitely worth the little bit of time to read this link.
Agreed. Good synopsis of what is bigger than Watergate.

Newt Gingrich: Why the Mueller probe is really five scandals, not one | Fox News

I realized that the scandal is so big, so complex, and involves so many people with power that codifying it really required me to draw from my experience writing novels. There are so many egos and there is so much manipulative behavior, dishonesty (and dishonesty about the dishonesty) that it is very difficult to explain it as a straightforward history. It could be more easily explained as a narrative of ambition, illegality and criminal plotting.
Finally, it hit me that the real problem is that there are five parallel and often interlocked scandals going on in concert:

Old 05-28-2018, 08:15 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
As to why the DOJ is corrupt it's because most lawyers are liberals. That in turn is because liberals tend to be highly verbal, often at the expense of other aptitudes, and law and politics are one area of life where you can become rich and famous by "saying the magic words."

Have anything factual to support that allegation?

What Bar Association requires declaration of one's politics to join?

Old 05-28-2018, 08:17 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Great article by Newt:

Newt Gingrich: Why the Mueller probe is really five scandals, not one | Fox News

I realized that the scandal is so big, so complex, and involves so many people with power that codifying it really required me to draw from my experience writing novels. There are so many egos and there is so much manipulative behavior, dishonesty (and dishonesty about the dishonesty) that it is very difficult to explain it as a straightforward history. It could be more easily explained as a narrative of ambition, illegality and criminal plotting.
Finally, it hit me that the real problem is that there are five parallel and often interlocked scandals going on in concert:
The Newt!

That boy knows scandals.

Carry on.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:23 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Your reading a guy who was knocked out of the speakership by his own party. One who lied and just made stuff up.

Who is a K Street lobbyist.

Cannot believe a word he writes.
A guy who has a lot of responsibility for the division today and was a pusher for the neo-liberalism turn we took decades ago.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:33 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
A guy who understands what's happening and is knowledgeable of the system. Discredit the messenger when you can't discredit the facts.

Old 05-28-2018, 08:40 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
Great article by Newt:

In other words: But Hillary...imagine Newt’s relevency depends on “ but Hillary”.

The Clintons have historically disclosed their tax returns and investments going back to the 70’s. The NYT identified some trades made in 1978-9, in cattle futures that had an extraordinary return. This discovery hit as the Whitewater investigation was underway. Nothing came of it.

In contrast, Trump repeatedly promised to disclose his returns while campaigning. Once elected he did a “ never mind”. Gawd only knows what’s in those returns that would haunt him forever.

As an aside, it was the “ fake news” NYT that broke the Hillary email server thing.

Hillary lost. Time for Hillary and Fox News to move on.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 05-28-2018 at 09:20 AM..

Old 05-28-2018, 08:40 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,747,353 times
Good article. I'm not sure I agree with point #3 though. I don't think they have an anti republican bias, rather they have a pro establishment bias. They are the establishment, as their appointments often span multiple presidencies from different parties. 97% of their donations didn't go to Clinton just because she is a democrat, they went to her because the Clinton political family is as "deep state" as the deep state itself. If Jeb had been the GOP nominee there would have been more parity in the donations I think. The Bushes are pretty deep state themselves.

When people bring up the talking point that Comey and Mueller are republicans as a way of diffusing accusations of bias it doesn't matter because there is a passionate anti-Trump(or more accurately, anti-outsider) wing of the republican party. It is a more relevant point to bring up when talking about an overall anti-republican bias though.

Last edited by Fifty Seven; 05-28-2018 at 08:57 AM.. Reason: changing their to there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies