Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 06:44 AM

79,908 posts, read 44,064,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maccabee 2A View Post
One. You don't need probable cause. All you need is reasonable suspicion. A traffic stop is a detainment and a detainment is initiated when the officer has reasonable suspicion that you're about to, in the process of, or just committed a crime or infraction.

Two. The officer of the story had reasonable suspicion that the girl was drinking underage. Therefore, he has every right to ID the girl.
She passed a breathalyzer twice. He did not.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:44 AM

2,309 posts, read 897,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It wasn't in her possession.
In her vicinity without an adult, in her possession.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:48 AM

18,579 posts, read 10,582,951 times
Quote:
She passed a breathalyzer twice. He did not.

yeah he did.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
If a minor walks past a liquor store, it's in the vicinity. Adults were there. They just happened to be in the ocean.

Old 06-03-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
If a minor walks past a liquor store, it's in the vicinity. Adults were there. They just happened to be in the ocean.
Really? I thought this was an adult conversation. The beer was where her belongings were on the beach and with her refusal to acknowledge any of the Officers questions there was no choice , YES she escalated the situation no doubt ,but the rent A cops handle it all wrong.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Really? I thought this was an adult conversation. The beer was where her belongings were on the beach and with her refusal to acknowledge any of the Officers questions there was no choice , YES she escalated the situation no doubt ,but the rent A cops handle it all wrong.
So what are you arguing? My argument is you can't pound someone in the head over a beer or for getting lippy. Was it wise of her to get lippy? No, but you can't beat someone over it.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:42 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,653,757 times
Quote:
Can’t help wondering, if this almost 21 year old had been an enlisted military member what would the reaction to this abuse have been?
Would you have believed that person in need of adult supervision?

This woman is 3-4 months short of her 21st birthday and y’all insist on talking about her as if she’s 16.
Anything to justify the cop’s over-reaction.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Can’t help wondering, if this almost 21 year old had been an enlisted military member what would the reaction to this abuse have been?
Would you have believed that person in need of adult supervision?

This woman is 3-4 months short of her 21st birthday and y’all insist on talking about her as if she’s 16.
Anything to justify the cop’s over-reaction.
It's absolutely wrong to tell someone that they can go risk their life in some foreign country but they can't come home and have a beer. (not totally applicable here as no one can drink on the beach) The breathalyzer part is.

Old 06-03-2018, 08:04 AM

Quote:
So what are you arguing? My argument is you can't pound someone in the head over a beer or for getting lippy. Was it wise of her to get lippy? No, but you can't beat someone over it.
I am saying for one read the thread before you go on your rants. From the start I have said that she was wrong and she should have been brought in(arrested) I have all so stated the the rent A cops where way out of their league and should have call the real police before approaching the girl. Taking into consideration the weekend (Memorial day)crowd size and closeness to other beach goers, if they walk the beach you say hi and do public relations .

You're wrong ,dead wrong yes you can get in trouble for getting lippy and being underage with beer. Does it deserve the beating on the back of the head .NO never said it did.Yes that is where the police cadets were wrong all three of them,she was unarmed .

Old 06-03-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I am saying for one read the thread before you go on your rants. From the start I have said that she was wrong and she should have been brought in(arrested) I have all so stated the the rent A cops where way out of their league and should have call the real police before approaching the girl. Taking into consideration the weekend (Memorial day)crowd size and closeness to other beach goers, if they walk the beach you say hi and do public relations .

You're wrong ,dead wrong yes you can get in trouble for getting lippy and being underage with beer. Does it deserve the beating on the back of the head .NO never said it did.Yes that is where the police cadets were wrong all three of them,she was unarmed .
There is NO proof she had any beer which is why they were going to drop it until she asked them whether or not they didn't have something better to do. They did.

Pour the beer out and go beat and arrest some jay walkers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.