Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 06:01 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shokwaverider View Post
Unfortunately when you have the majority of the population basically living from paycheck to paycheck, and being uneducated or undereducated, the results are just like this. It is easy to hoodwink them into believing anything. (The world is Flat Right?).

They cannot see the pseudo aristocracy stealing from them and their children. They at happy to go without healthcare and basically believe anything they hear.

"and being uneducated or undereducated," an we have found just having an "education" does NOT necessarily make you SMART!

Old 05-30-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
ANYONE other than Trump........ and actually yes after a year of this crap. Most of the SMART ones, like me are regretting it. I would have voted for Bernie actually.

"Most of the SMART ones, like me are regretting it. I would have voted for Bernie actually."

And you THINK you ARE SMART?

Old 05-30-2018, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeHudson View Post
They have been trained - It started when the fairness doctrine was overturned which lend to the rise of AM radio and then the late 90s Fox News....Trump supporters really believe everyone is lying to them, but Trump himself and those who kiss his feet. In their minds for decades they have been told most of the media is liberal.

"which lend to the rise of AM radio"

Why CAN'T the left compete, even with the DNC stepping in with its power and money?

I guess they are too busy watching all the "highly intellectual" day time TV shows.

"then the late 90s Fox News..."

Well, you DO have ABC. NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC.

5 to 1 , probably more,and you STILL can't win.

Then we have all the left big newspapers, NY Times, LA Times, Wash Post Balt Sun, Chicago Trib, etc.

The LEFT monopolizes the media and you STILL CAN'T WIN!

Maybe all these media executives should follow hillary around on here "I lost NOT because of ME BUT, on (fill in the blank)!

Old 05-30-2018, 06:12 AM

30,350 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Trump "all but calls"? You work for the NYT?
The butthurt Snowflakes that lost the last election make up hundreds of Fake News lies per day....this thread is just one in the line.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Just know that you are not alone. There are plenty of conservatives who are disgusted by these "republicans" who have emerged from their dark corners of society to root for a man that insults and disrespects anyone who doesn't agree with everything he says.

I cross my fingers that the Rs lose the House in November and that a more reasonable republican run against Trump in 2020. Either that or run as conservative independent to steal votes from Trump.

"There are plenty of conservatives who are disgusted by these "republicans""

More wishful thinking!

When they go into the voting both I'LL BET they vote R and NOT D

Old 05-30-2018, 06:18 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Trump told a reporter point blank why he lies so much and runs down the media.

He says because he knows if he talks enough and discredits enough (Muller too) that the majority of his base will believe him, and not the truth.

I have to say this, or the Gullible's will accuse me of being a Liberal.

I am a Republican, just not a Gullible one. I and ALL of my educated republican friends see righ through the charade, and are ashamed to call him our president. See you at the Ballot Box.

True Trumpers just believe everything he says, again because they at Gullible.
If trump told his followers, 'we have to pass it to find out what is in it', you would definitely have a case.

If trump told his followers isis was the jv, it was a video, shovel ready jobs, solyndra was a good investment and they cheered, that would mean Trump has a lot of Democrat followers on his side.

Old 05-30-2018, 06:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times
Quote:

He says because he knows if he talks enough and discredits enough (Muller too) that the majority of his base will believe him, and not the truth.

I have to say this, or the Gullible's will accuse me of being a Liberal.

I am a Republican, just not a Gullible one. I and ALL of my educated republican friends see righ through the charade, and are ashamed to call him our president. See you at the Ballot Box.

True Trumpers just believe everything he says, again because they at Gullible.
Which reporter?

People believe anything when it seems to validate their perceptions.

Repeat something loud enough, often enough and more people believe it.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:06 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:

Trump is also capable of greatly manipulating his base, like making crowds of his supporters roar and cheer at will.

"In the Oval Office President Trump boasted in 2017 about how easy it is to appeal to audiences with an anti-immigrant message: “Acting as if he were at a rally, he recited a few made-up Hispanic names and described potential crimes they could have committed, such as rape and murder. Then, he said, the crowds would roar when the criminals were thrown out of the country.” In The Post’s account, “Stephen Miller and Jared Kushner laughed.”"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.dd5186ff1253

When Trump is alone with his friends and associates he does impressions showing how he can make his supporters roar and cheer at will, and after Trump does the impressions of manipulating his base his friends and associates laugh.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:08 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
The gullible are the last people to realize they had been taken.

Old 05-30-2018, 07:27 AM

17,773 posts, read 13,665,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The gullible are the last people to realize they had been taken.
They are incapable of examining evidence. If a story comes out in some RWNJ source, they believe it.

If the MSM reports something that they don't want to hear they disregard it despite the veracity of the claim.

To wit:

Pizzagate is true.

Trump campaign staff members having multiple interactions with Russians is false.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies