Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 02:49 PM

6,721 posts, read 6,485,209 times

Advertisements

So I decided to go up and do some cardio, which promptly ended my LA Fitness membership. As I was cruising the elliptical, I noticed that every TV was playing CNN, MSNBC or similar. 14 TV's up here and not a single one with Fox News? You've got to be kidding me? After finishing, I saunter on down to the front desk to see what's up. I'm told by the girl up front that the TV stations are controlled by corporate and would I like their phone number? Nah, why bother, it's not going to make a difference, but then I start thinking, this is nuts, why am I member here? So I ask to cancel my membership. She sends me over to a manager who was as personable as a tree stump. She simply brings up my account, asks why I'm canceling, says ok and prints out a cancelation notice. She didn't try to rectify the situation in any way. Fine with me, I laughed and told her that I'm clearly at the wrong gym.

A little later, I dial up corporate to log a complaint and am told that stations can be changed and that he would check with the manager to see why they couldn't accommodate me. I politely tell him thanks, knowing I will never here a word from them. Hey, I don't ***** and moan when most of the TV's are playing Fake news garbage from CNN and MSNBC, but when all of them are, it's clearly time to exit stage left! (no pun intended)

Any other LA Fitness members notice if they've recently banned Fox News from your club too?

Old 05-29-2018, 03:08 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,510,727 times
Wrong forum. Take this over to politics.

CNN is not fake news. Why are you so comfortable believing in only one news source?

Old 05-29-2018, 03:10 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Not sure if this is a troll post or not, but here goes....

You know that the TVs that are attached to the cardio machines are controlled by the user, right? There's a little number pad right next to the control panel for the machine, literally right in front of you while you're using it.

https://lafitness.wordpress.com/2014...ics-program-1/

See the number pad on the left hand side? That's the TV control.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Wrong forum. Take this over to politics.

CNN is not fake news. Why are you so comfortable believing in only one news source?
au contraire, if you would have actually read my post, you would have noticed that I said I don't mind if most of the TV's are playing Fake news like CNN, it only becomes a problem when "all" of them are!

McBain, TV channels are not selectable at LA Fitness, at least not the one I was going to.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:40 PM

130,339 posts, read 12,112,869 times
wear headphones. Fake outrage.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
wear headphones. Fake outrage.
sure, I could have looked the other way and I almost let it go, but decided if this is the kinda business they want to run, I will vote with my wallet. They have 14 TV's, no reason why Fox cannot be on at least a couple of them. If they want to ban the only sane and highest rated news outlet, I'm happy to take my business elsewhere.

Old 05-29-2018, 03:52 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,667,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
So I decided to go up and do some cardio, which promptly ended my LA Fitness membership. As I was cruising the elliptical, I noticed that every TV was playing CNN, MSNBC or similar. 14 TV's up here and not a single one with Fox News? You've got to be kidding me? After finishing, I saunter on down to the front desk to see what's up. I'm told by the girl up front that the TV stations are controlled by corporate and would I like their phone number? Nah, why bother, it's not going to make a difference, but then I start thinking, this is nuts, why am I member here? So I ask to cancel my membership. She sends me over to a manager who was as personable as a tree stump. She simply brings up my account, asks why I'm canceling, says ok and prints out a cancelation notice. She didn't try to rectify the situation in any way. Fine with me, I laughed and told her that I'm clearly at the wrong gym.

A little later, I dial up corporate to log a complaint and am told that stations can be changed and that he would check with the manager to see why they couldn't accommodate me. I politely tell him thanks, knowing I will never here a word from them. Hey, I don't ***** and moan when most of the TV's are playing Fake news garbage from CNN and MSNBC, but when all of them are, it's clearly time to exit stage left! (no pun intended)

Any other LA Fitness members notice if they've recently banned Fox News from your club too?
Good luck finding another club. I used to watch O'Reilly on Fox but since he got the boot I find Fox is mostly bogus reporting especially Sean Hannity.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:09 PM

Quote:
McBain, TV channels are not selectable at LA Fitness, at least not the one I was going to.
Yeah, sorry, I'm not buying that. This is definitely a troll post.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain II View Post
Yeah, sorry, I'm not buying that. This is definitely a troll post.
lol, since my canceled membership expires next month, I'd be happy to take pictures the next time I'm there. I've never seen any such setups at any LA Fitness I've been to in Illinois or Georgia.

Old 05-29-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
lol, since my canceled membership expires next month, I'd be happy to take pictures the next time I'm there. I've never seen any such setups at any LA Fitness I've been to in Illinois or Georgia.
Please do. Or better yet, give us the store number. A couple minutes of internet sleuthing would establish whether you're credible or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies