Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 11:25 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
It's almost incomprehensible that Trump has surrounded himself with so many totally incompetent people. Anyone with half a brain could spend 1 minute with Google to figure out that the Feds can re-assemble shredded documents and recover data from damaged hard drives.

This is because the last thing Trump wants is someone in his employee with either integrity, that might be a risk to expose his corruption; or someone smarter than him that might actually defy him and disagree with some of his self destructive knee-jerk "decisions".
Your point about the shredded documents reminds me: the other night I was watching the final episode of the series "Vietnam" by Ken Burns. As the North forces were approaching Saigon in those final days, those remaining in the American embassy were busy shredding documents, and placing the shreds in huge white plastic bags (they had photos of the bags).

Anyway, the accumulated bags were sitting outside the embassy when an explosion tore the bags apart, with the witnesses being interviewed saying the shredded paper flew all around in a million pieces.

Yet, when the takeover of Saigon, and the embassy, was complete, those crafty North Vietnamese were able to piece together a surprising number of our secret documents. I was flabbergasted that such could be done. However, I guess with enough time, people and effort (rather like the analogy of monkeys and typewriters reproducing the plays of Shakespeare).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 11:41 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Well there goes Guiliani's "storm trooper" schtick. FBI was correct in believing evidence was being destroyed.
Why, because he has a shredder? Jesus Lord I hope some of you people never end up on a jury.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:14 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,945,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Michael Avenatti is winning, period!

Pssst... Today in court, Judge Wood pulled Avenatti's pants down and gave him a spanking. Avenatti withdrew his motion to appear before the court!

Old 05-30-2018, 01:17 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Yikes. Michael, it's time for you to consider cooperating with the federal government, before you spend the rest of your natural life in prison.

Federal investigators obtained over 1,000,000 pieces of evidence in the raids on Michael Cohen's office, home, and hotel room.
Holy crap.

https://twitter.com/renato_mariotti/...12110857392129
Really...that is suppose to be shocking?

If there were ten pages that would be shocking to me.

Any lawyer should have lots of files and every file, easily holds hundreds of papers. Working as a lawyer for decades and requirements to save everything for years, that means a lot of papers. Some may be containing one sentence...

Old 05-30-2018, 01:19 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yeah and? That doesn't mean it's actually evidence, it's stuff they have to sift through to see if there is any evidence there at all. That's how this works, they take everything, relevant to their case or not. They might look through 3.7 million pieces of information and find nothing.
Find nothing? Hahahhahahahahha

Old 05-30-2018, 01:20 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Why, because he has a shredder? Jesus Lord I hope some of you people never end up on a jury.
I'm sure Cohen used his shredder just to shred out-of-date menus. Yeah, that's it.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:24 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Pssst... Today in court, Judge Wood pulled Avenatti's pants down and gave him a spanking. Avenatti withdrew his motion to appear before the court!
What is with all the comments from our brethren on the right about "pulled his pants down," "butt hurt," "wet his pants," "bend over," ... it is just weird how often such phrases and imagery are used.

I can't recall reading any lefties using these terms. Perhaps there are a few and I haven't noticed. But I have noticed those on the right using them on a fairly consistent basis.

Any idea why those on the right are so fascinated with spankings, butts, bend over, ...?

Old 05-30-2018, 01:27 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post

Psss if it wasn't for Avenatti, the Cohen and Trump clan would have continued their pay for play corruption ring. Whether Avenatti is in or out, he has exposed the liars for who they are and someone is going to serve some serious time.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:29 PM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm sure Cohen used his shredder just to shred out-of-date menus. Yeah, that's it.
I work in a law firm and we must have 15 shredders in the firm. 60 employees and about 15 shredders.
Sorry but a lawyer having a shredder is not suspect. Actually, it would be suspect for a lawyer or law firm not to have a shredder.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:54 PM

1,239 posts, read 510,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Really...that is suppose to be shocking?

If there were ten pages that would be shocking to me.

Any lawyer should have lots of files and every file, easily holds hundreds of papers. Working as a lawyer for decades and requirements to save everything for years, that means a lot of papers. Some may be containing one sentence...
You're missing the point, not sure if it's intentional, or you just don't understand the significance.

Yes, lawyers have tons of documents. The documents that most lawyers have are going to be filled with privileged information.

Out of 1 million pieces of evidence (documents, audio files, computers, etc) seized from Cohen, only ~250 potentially, contain privileged information.

That goes in line with the statements that Cohen wasn't really much of a lawyer, and that most of what was seized shouldn't be privileged.

It's just another example of Avenatti being right, the investigation being above board, and Trump's people falling like domino's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies