Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 05:17 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It's been reported that Michael Cohen's shredded documents were all bagged up and are now being put together/recreated by a team of FBI agents in a lab at Quantico. Haha!

Michael Cohen, you idiot.
I'll bet he puts a wood stove in his next office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2018, 05:20 PM

37,183 posts, read 19,186,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
You seriously can't think of any other reason why a law office of all places might have a shredder?

I don't think I've ever worked in an office that DIDN'T have either a shredder or a secured receptacle for document disposal that was headed for a shredding service. Having a shredder is about as suspicious as having a Xerox machine or a computer mouse.

You people keep using this word "evidence." Where did this word "evidence" come from? And evidence of WHAT -- that he had a lot of documents and items in his office?

So far the substance of this thread is as follows:
  1. Cohen had a lot of documents, papers, and other crap in his office;
  2. Oh yeah, he also had a shredder;
  3. Therefore he's CLEARLY a nefarious actor who's going to jail for a long long time for... well, having lots of stuff and a shredder in his office or something.
It's what the FBI produced for the judge who issued the warrants. As I said before, have a little patience. It will all come out in due time.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:21 PM

10,990 posts, read 20,561,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Why, because he has a shredder? Jesus Lord I hope some of you people never end up on a jury.
No because he used a shredder and shredded material was recovered.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:23 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,364,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I'll bet he puts a wood stove in his next office.

I don't think they have those in prisons.

Old 05-30-2018, 05:40 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,656,080 times
LOL...............and people want to know what is taking so long to investigate?

Old 05-31-2018, 04:18 PM

9,977 posts, read 5,675,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
No because he used a shredder and shredded material was recovered.
And therefore... ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's what the FBI produced for the judge who issued the warrants. As I said before, have a little patience. It will all come out in due time.
"Have a little patience?" Uhm, duh? I'm not one of the laser-dot-chasing cats in this thread going "a million pieces of 'evidence' [even though there's no indication that any of these items are evidence of ANYTHING]!! ZOMG, hees goin' ta JAILZ!!" AND A SHREDDER TOO!! WITH SHREDDED MATERIAL!!! Hees goin' ta SUPER-JAILZ LOL!!11!!"

Old 06-01-2018, 09:28 AM

Until a piece of evidence is examined it is impossible to determine if it important to a criminal investigation.

The significance of the shredded material is that Cohen was in the process of destroying documents that may contain relevant evidence just as described to the court. Cohen may have disposed of some shredded documents in the garbage, the FBI didn't need a warrant to obtain that material and that may have been used to support the need for a no-knock warrant. The FBI can scan the shredded material and use software to reconstruct the document (that same software is used by antiquities researchers to reconstruct ancient documents).

Charges, if any, will not be filed until the investigators have completed their work. There may be some charges that will be handed off to the State to thwart Trump's pardon authority (which only applies to Federal cases).

For those who mention that he should have burned documents keep in mind the fact that often even that material can be reconstructed if not thoroughly mixed.

Old 06-05-2018, 07:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Sounds like nearly everything found during the Michael Cohen raids will be fair game.

He's going to flip.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1003759719423594497

Old 06-05-2018, 08:31 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Sounds like nearly everything found during the Michael Cohen raids will be fair game.

He's going to flip.

https://twitter.com/eorden/status/1003759719423594497
Cohen never claimed all of the items were privileged. In fact, the Special Master agreed with Cohen on most of the items he claimed were privileged or highly personal.

In Cohen's shoes, I'd claim everything is privileged and force the SM to weed through every sentence of those 1,000,000,000+ pieces of so-called 'evidence.'

Old 06-05-2018, 09:02 AM

I believe Cohen will not flip because to do so will put him on the outs with his 'family', literally and figuratively. The 'family' will take care of his family financially.

That does not mean that the material protected in the raid will be of no use in litigation, state and Federal. against him or other parties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies