Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2018, 05:54 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
My wife and I had watched a few episodes of Ms. Bee's show, and ultimately found her distasteful. Hence, I am not surprised that she resorted to such language towards Ms. Kushner. I do not recall what cable network she is on, but firing her would probably be wise.

There are a lot of ways to get one's point across without using such language. One may not have a favorable viewpoint of Ms. Kushner, but she does have young children to think of when using such language.

I also did not think anything untoward regarding the photograph Ms. Kushner posted of herself and her child. It was not a political statement, it was not thumbing her nose at the children being separated from their mothers, etc.

Sometimes, a photograph is simply a photograph.
Children don’t watch her show. You really think she should be fired over a joke? I do think there are double standards for conservatives and liberals, but I don’t want anyone fired over a joke.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:54 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,724,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Only if her networkl deems it to be in contradiction of their values......

I think she is crude, rude and her language choices takes away from any valid point she was trying to make.

I don't care if they fire her -- I don't watch.
Exactly, only if deemed a contradiction to their values. To call any woman the c word is the vile, and disrespectful toward ALL women, white, black, latino, ALL women.

Yet where's the outrage. And a women who talks this way, thinking her audience will like it just goes to show how low they think of women.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:55 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
Samantha Bee and Ivanka Trump are both female scorpios.

Old 05-31-2018, 05:59 PM

13,302 posts, read 7,866,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
How right you are! Just look at Kathy Griffin. Not fired and didn't suffer any consequences for her little stunt.
She's a female scorpio, too.

https://astrologybay.com/scorpio-woman-personality

So is Megyn Kelly a scorpio.

They're just . . . EVERYWHARE!

Old 05-31-2018, 06:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
How right you are! Just look at Kathy Griffin. Not fired and didn't suffer any consequences for her little stunt.
She literally was fired from every single job.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:18 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
She literally was fired from every single job.
I know. I was making a point to the OP.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:19 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
IMO, the nation's language and manners has gotten coarse since the Fairness doctrine and equal time was rescinded. Cable tv made it worse.

It is evidenced by this very thread.

IMO, as I have said before, ABC had to get rid of Barr due to the response of their other programming. If the cast of Roseanne was enlisting their agents to quit the program and Roseanne's agent dropped her, it would not be long until the other ABC programs would be questioning management.

It is time for all of us to question the rudeness coming from any quarter and get back to being a civil society.
No they didn’t have to get rid of Roseanne. The season was over and they could have waited it out. These outrage mobs don’t last long. Didn’t she get any credit for playing all the Trump supporters for fools and pretending to be a Trump supporter? The show did nothing but make them look bad. That joke was exactly something her character would have said on the show.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Of course she won’t be fired or suffer consequences in her career because she’s a liberal .
So does being dropped by two sponsors of your show count as consequences? Asking for a friend.

Quote:
“The comments expressed by Samantha Bee were offensive and unacceptable and do not reflect the views of our company,” Autotrader said this afternoon, adding, “As a result, we have suspended our sponsorship of Full Frontal with Samantha Bee.”

State Farm insurance became company No. 2, saying it too has suspended advertising on the show.
https://deadline.com/2018/05/samanth...ds-1202401407/

Old 05-31-2018, 06:22 PM

15,527 posts, read 10,492,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
This is totally uncalled for . Of course she won’t be fired or suffer consequences in her career because she’s a liberal .

And of course CNN doesn’t criticize her or say she went to far .

But we know if the same was said by a Republican about a liberal they wouldn’t just report in a matter of fact way .

There is a real nastiness on the left . Trump derangement syndrome is real .

—-
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/31/polit...ump/index.html
What was the joke? I thought she was a comedian. At least some of these comedians, who are getting in trouble, are trying to make a funny. It may be lame, off color, racist, sexist or whatever, but they are trying to make a joke. I'm not seeing one with Bee's routine.

Old 05-31-2018, 06:22 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
I know. I was making a point to the OP.
O.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies