Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
People like Samantha Bee are why Democrats have barely a chance to win an election in the Heartland. As the Democrat party becomes more filled with people her I struggle to remain in the party. A liberal can be racist towards a non White Conservative or misogynistic towards a Conservative Woman yet they still consider themselves the champions of minorities and / or women.
How do you square the above statement about the "Heartland" with the election of the dumbest, crudest, most intellectually and morally stunted president we've ever had?

Old 06-01-2018, 09:37 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
I was shocked Barr got fired -- but ABC had the right.
I think the problem with Bee is that the network had the opportunity to bleep the word, or cut it and they didn't. The show was taped -- so they in a sense 'allowed it' to happen. It would be tough to fire her based on that.

If it was live and Bee blurted it out -- then her employer could claim the high road and say they don't support that kind of thing.

Sponsors are backing out - -which they have a right to do and that may influence the economic decision to keep Bee or not.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
both should be fired, to believe otherwise is to admit you approve of some kinds of degradation.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:38 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My point is, the left can do it, go back 40+ years, but when the right does it...the left says that's old...people change...
I'm sorry I misunderstood -- I think you can change your view on a policy -- evolve over time...but basic character -- meh not so much.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:39 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That -- you have to go back -- blah blah blah -- bad excuse.

His character hasn't changed.

He didn't find morality all of a sudden.
Right?!

Trump didn't suddenly become a model citizen the day he took office. He is still the same person he was 10-20 years ago. He is almost 72 years old. His behavior is not going to change.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
My point is, the left can do it, go back 40+ years, but when the right does it...the left says that's old...people change...
If Trump actually changed, I'd be defending him. I am a very forgiving person and believe all of us are just humans trying not to screw up too much. But no, Trump has not changed.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:46 AM

15,546 posts, read 12,022,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
both should be fired, to believe otherwise is to admit you approve of some kinds of degradation.
What Samantha Bee said has absolutely nothing to do with Roseanne.

They made different statements.

They work for different networks.

If Samantha Bee's show was on ABC, or even some other network owned by Disney, and made racist remarks, you might have an argument. But she doesn't work for Disney, and she didn't make racist remarks.

She cursed on a late night satirical news show on cable. I'm guessing her show airs at 10:30 at night because its not appropriate for kids to watch, language being one aspect that makes it inappropriate for children.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:47 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Oh, stop it.
Who was it dredged up Hillary's defending a suspected child rapist?
Who it is still claiming that Obama's birth announcement was planted?

Stop pretending that your team didn't run on a platform of "family values" and "moral character" for decades.
And didn't that just fly right out the window when y'all voted for Trump.
Did you really think that those decades of saying "shame, shame" would just fade away?

Even after the talk about dating his own daughter and the Access Hollywood tape, y'all still voted for him.

You embraced his depravity.
Now you've got to own it just like Bill Clinton's supporters did.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:54 AM

50,373 posts, read 63,977,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Ivanka is a senior advisor to the president of the United States. She's a government employee, and is clearly in politics.
She isnt an employee.

Old 06-01-2018, 09:56 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,312,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Oh, stop it.
Who was it dredged up Hillary's defending a suspected child rapist?
Who it is still claiming that Obama's birth announcement was planted?

Stop pretending that your team didn't run on a platform of "family values" and "moral character" for decades.
And didn't that just fly right out the window when y'all voted for Trump.
Did you really think that those decades of saying "shame, shame" would just fade away?

Even after the talk about dating his own daughter and the Access Hollywood tape, y'all still voted for him.

You embraced his depravity.
Now you've got to own it just like Bill Clinton's supporters did.

Wish I had a rep point or two to give you. The Trump supporters are trying to take a higher road when it comes to Barr vs Bee and it isn't working as you so expertly are pointing out here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies