Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Robert Mueller is investigating it.
I wouldn't be surprised if the dude was on C-D beforehand. I think he was a conspiracy nut.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...leaves-3-dead/

Police: 2-year-old shot and killed in northeast Las Vegas - FOX5 Vegas - KVVU

87 homicides already in the Las Vegas Valley.

Seems like multiple homicides some days are very common in the Las Vegas valley. Yesterday, it was a 2 year old.

The city has a tremendous amount of stressed out welfare parents who don't take care of their children like Leave It To Beaver or Ozzie Harriet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LriNPqO5POA

Las Vegas is basically an out of control city these days full of desperate huge families who are priced out of basically every other Western Metropolitan area.

Las Vegas is full of people like that who have big families living in 200 square foot motel rooms intended for one person.

They are swarming into Las Vegas and Las Vegas is opening up the welcome mat to huge welfare families and criminals from other Western States.

Last time I was in Las Vegas in March it was basically a collection of welfare families who have been priced out much more expensive Western Cities.

Lots of poor families absolutely swarming the place with out of state plates in total desperation.

Interestingly, Las Vegas is more concerned about paying for a new professional NFL team than getting the crime under control

https://www.reviewjournal.com/busine...9-fiscal-year/
You have never been to Vegas.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:17 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Only 87? That's not even 1 a day.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:23 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Vegas will always have more than it's fair share of high crime, homeless and cheap motels that rent by the month. It comes with the territory of being the gambling capital of the west. Without gambling, Vegas would still be little more than a dirty little spot in the desert.
To make things worse, the Las Vegas area has turned into the number one place for Californians to move to when they leave CA because they're too poor to live there anymore.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:25 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
At least you have a hobby and an online audience. In the old days, it would be pigeons in a park.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhuMLpdnOjY

Old 06-01-2018, 07:29 PM

204 posts, read 181,540 times
You Think You Have Problems ?

Chicago Tribune May 29 2018
In Chicago, 1,012 people have been shot this year. That is 349 fewer than 2017.

Of That

In Chicago, 198 people have been killed this year. That is 46 fewer than 2017.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:32 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
You'll have a seriously hard time finding people here in N NV who actually clain Vegas as being a part of this state. We have an overt animosity with Clark county. Most everything South of Goldfield really. Californians have been flock there in droves for a long time now and the population base there outnumbers we in the North by a lot come election time.

The Reno area is getting pretty Californicated as well. Really I don't care what happens in Vegas, so long as it stays in Vegas, but that's not how it is in reality. I don't know about the whole droves of huge families living in 200 square ft motel rooms and all that, but it is true that Vegas has been over run by out of staters. Namely CA types looking for cheap housing. They sell their CA properties and can buy a castle in Vegas. Even the farming and ranching areas here in the North are getting inundated with these types.

Yerington, Fallon, Fernely, their all getting packed with transplants, and with the elections coming up and the way the leftists are turning out for it it looks like we will be getting a flood of "progressive Democrats" in our state government. Then the whole state will be like Vegas. Wholly and truly Californicated. For the first time in my life I'm considering relocating. I'm afraid my home state is lost.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
You Think You Have Problems ?

Chicago Tribune May 29 2018
In Chicago, 1,012 people have been shot this year. That is 349 fewer than 2017.

Of That

In Chicago, 198 people have been killed this year. That is 46 fewer than 2017.
Keep in mind Vegas has 650,000 people. Chicago has 2.7 million.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
You'll have a seriously hard time finding people here in N NV who actually clain Vegas as being a part of this state. We have an overt animosity with Clark county. Most everything South of Goldfield really. Californians have been flock there in droves for a long time now and the population base there outnumbers we in the North by a lot come election time.

The Reno area is getting pretty Californicated as well. Really I don't care what happens in Vegas, so long as it stays in Vegas, but that's not how it is in reality. I don't know about the whole droves of huge families living in 200 square ft motel rooms and all that, but it is true that Vegas has been over run by out of staters. Namely CA types looking for cheap housing. They sell their CA properties and can buy a castle in Vegas. Even the farming and ranching areas here in the North are getting inundated with these types.

Yerington, Fallon, Fernely, their all getting packed with transplants, and with the elections coming up and the way the leftists are turning out for it it looks like we will be getting a flood of "progressive Democrats" in our state government. Then the whole state will be like Vegas. Wholly and truly Californicated. For the first time in my life I'm considering relocating. I'm afraid my home state is lost.
I do feel badly for Nevada. It's really turning into another Washington and Oregon without the rain because of the Californians moving there. I lived in Reno many years ago and it was great. I'm certain things have changed.

Old 06-01-2018, 07:52 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

The poor folk of northern NV. Like NVplumber. Pimples upon the backside of the state.

I am working motions to move the State government from Carson City to NLV. And we will in the end.

The only reason the North has been able to defend its absurd privilege against the South is the Republican fellow travelers in Las Vegas.

NVplumber et al are actually absurd in their views of NV. They simply do not matter. LV has slums in some of its constituent cities that have higher populations than all of rural NV. The conspiracy of the North and the LV Republicans is now running out of gas. And LV should repay the slight in Spades. And as that happens LVplumber et al can adopt or move to Idaho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies