Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2018, 01:49 PM

352 posts, read 324,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
My kids dropped it a long time ago and only leave it open to be able to connect if they have something to message about but they hardly ever post.

Facebook ad’s are worthless too. Or maybe they only have paying liberal ad’s to populate but none of the realtors I know ever had any leads for posting so they all quit.

Facebook is still collecting and sharing everyone’s info.

Weekly I have to hide Allstate, Democratic Website’s and persons from getting my info shared and I have never been interested in and/or ever looked in their website. All claims by Facebook are bogus and completely fabricated.

Faceby is so disgusting that I just even noticed that they shared my info with association collecting placenta arts....I just had to hide another 30 who Facebook shared my info with!

I’m just keeping my Facebook open to see some of my friends but less of them are using it.

Zuckenberg really created something that once was great and now has become a spying, disgusting liberal platform.

But one thing will never happen. They won’t change my vote or mind!
Liberal platform?
How do you figure?

Facebook got Trump elected. This is a fact.

You have this inherent bias that you somehow think ANYTHING is liberal, even a website where your ad preferences are determined by your browsing history and your feed is determined by your likes and your friends. How could that possibly be liberally biased?

Quote:
According to a 2017 report from social media analysis company NewsWhip, conservative news organizations and commentators have done extremely well on Facebook. There are more than three times as many conservative publishers than liberal publishers on Facebook, and they receive more than 2.5 times the engagement on the social media platform than those who push opposing viewpoints.

"The organizations that are doing more sensationalist headlines are suffering on Facebook, but more conservative organizations like Breitbart and the Daily Wire have really passionate audiences who are sharing their content and that’s bearing out in the data," said Gabriele Boland, NewsWhip's manager of content strategy and communications.

NewsWhip data shows that Breitbart, the Independent Journal Review (IJR), TheBlaze, Daily Caller, Daily Wire and Gateway Pundit — all conservative outlets — get significant engagement returns through their use of Facebook, often dwarfing similar liberal sites.

Related
About 600 questions later, Zuckerberg and Congress leave major issues about Facebook unanswered
Many right-wing commentators have increased their personal brands most successfully on Facebook: more than 2.5 million people follow alt-right provocateur Milo Yiannopoulos on the platform and 1.7 million people liked the page belonging to InfoWars publisher Alex Jones.

More recently, conservative writers such as Ben Shapiro and Ryan Saavedra, who work at the Daily Wire, have seen incredible returns on Facebook, making them some of the most engaged reporters on the social media platform.
Look at the list of top Facebook reporters...nearly all are right-wingers:

But please, tell me how Facebook is somehow biased to promote the "liberal agenda" with all that evidence and fact-based intellectual analysis you are famous for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2018, 01:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,494,478 times
Teenagers are smart.

Old 06-01-2018, 01:54 PM

6,474 posts, read 4,073,055 times
If anyone thinks it is because of Liberalism, the most popular people on Snapchat and Instagram are all liberals and those platforms are far more dominated by liberal people than Facebook is.

Old 06-01-2018, 02:06 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the bold.

I know a lot of people from Africa and know people who live in African nations and none of them have ever lived in a hut.....
I've traveled extensively in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Tanzania, Rwanda, and less extensively in Kenya, Zimbabwe and Zambia. And by that I mean driven on the roads, clear across those countries, through countless villages where we'd stop to buy supplies. Now maybe we have different definitions of huts. I would call a small shack with one room and a fire outside for a kitchen as being a hut. That's how most people live in those countries. Yes, there are many more countries in Africa, and maybe I'm extrapolating more than I should with my small sample of countries, but that's what I've observed with my own eyes. I have hundreds of pictures of their life, and I've even been to some villagers homes (huts). I know what I'm talking about.

Even the in the cities where folks live in a more urban lifestyle, most of the homes are very sketchy. Except for the white neighborhoods in South Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies