Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2018, 11:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, but California Derangement Syndrome is very real. Millions of mainstream Republicans suffer from it.
Yes it is real . The leftist running California are pro open borders .
They even protect criminal illegal aliens .

Who would be in support of that besides a deranged person ?

The big enemy in their mind is our President and plastic bags .

Old 06-04-2018, 11:59 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Yes it is real . The leftist running California are pro open borders .

They even protect criminal illegal aliens .

Who would be in support of that besides a deranged person ?

The big enemy in their mind is our President and plastic bags .
Correction, and how un-PC of you.

They are human beings, each with a spark of divinity within them.

Since Pelosi & Co apparently feel this way about MS-13 gang members (excuse me, undocumented workers), they must also feel the same way about the KKK members, Nazi's, child molesters and the like.

`

Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 AM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Samantha Bee hates Trump and her trolley has slid off its tracks. Ditto Kathy Griffin. When they start prescribing anti psychotic meds specifically formulated for Trump haters and its covered by insurance, its being considered real.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:09 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
I'm still waiting for a reply from our OP to my last reply to her.

That way I can make my final diagnosis.

`

Old 06-05-2018, 01:44 PM

33,322 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Samantha Bee hates Trump and her trolley has slid off its tracks. Ditto Kathy Griffin. When they start prescribing anti psychotic meds specifically formulated for Trump haters and its covered by insurance, its being considered real.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:53 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
I see you didn't read the link .

Old 06-05-2018, 02:18 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,808,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
People use TDS in many different ways.

My favorites are: Trump's Deranged Sycophants, and Trump's Deplorable Sodomites

When talking about Trump, TDS can refer to:
Trumps Diminutive Stature or Trump's Dumb Self.

If you look at the posters here who refer to TDS as Trump Derangement Syndrome, you will find that they are typically dealing with a mutated strain of the disease that seems to target a weakness in low IQ's, and leaves its victims beyond hope of recovery.

Like I said in another thread, TDS is either Tell Don't Spill or Truth Doesn't Succeed which I have but it's official term is I guess autism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I actually find that comment to be a far better comeback than "TDS!"

At least you are being pretty clear that you object to people whining about how Trump is not their president.

I told someone that I would never refer to Trump specifically as "My president."

And, I never have. I also have not made any sort of point to label him as "NOT my president."

I am a citizen of this country and he is the president of it, so he's everyone here's president.

I just have no real need or desire to label him as such. I refer to him as "the president" but I have done the same with all the ones before him, so I think that's reasonable enough.

I think claiming him is a point of pride. I'm not proud of him. Not a fan. So, why would I claim him now when I never formally claimed any of the ones before him and I actually DID like some of them?

I never understood that either. He can't be my president. That would mean I could tell him what to do and he's not our boss either. We're his boss but we don't own him either and we have no close connection to him.
The closest thing I have to that is musicians. I might use my there but that's because music is my life. Being a president is just a job. If he's your president take him but I'm like you I don't claim presidents.

Quote:
And, some of them are probably people who do have some sort of serious mental problems.

But, just opposing Trump and saying so is quite American.

We have the right to dissent.

Also sometimes people with mental problems are the most intelligent. Depression for example often stems from realism.
The problematic mental problem is ignorance.

Quote:
Some people are particularly emotional.

I knew the whole time that him winning was a possibility but I think my reaction to it was pretty similar to Trump's reaction. Ever watch the footage of him on election night? It wasn't a happy face. It was a face that was really pale... not his usual fake-tan orange. It was rather striking. He did NOT expect to win. I think he was more shocked than I was.

So, yeah... it made me feel sad, but not because I was all "Hillary didn't win" or any of that. I don't like ANY politician enough to be crying over them losing.

Nah... it was more because I was amazed that someone who was such a horrible person and so openly vocal about being a horrible person...AND who was so inadequate to lead in pretty much every way would actually be elected president.

We live in a reality show world now.

And I hate reality TV.

But, some of these people are legitimately flakes. I will admit it. They are.

It was the principle for me. To have someone get what he wanted despite being a horrible person in many ways lying and whatever else. Then you have people like me who struggled for years to get any job at all (still don't have the one I want) Again it's a result of Truth Doesn't Succeed.
It was a reminder of how messed up society is: how if you have a history with a lot of money then you can get away with pretty much anything.

Quote:
I do have to agree with you on that. Why follow Trump on Twitter? I don't follow him. The only way I know he tweeted something is when it shows up on someone's social media feed or when Twitter suggests that I read it. He's the president and seems to be issuing briefings via tweet, so it's not like I will just ignore it and find out later that he just nuked North Korea.

But, follow him? Nah. I would not give him the satisfaction of an extra follower on Twitter. I know some liberals who follow him and I have told them myself that it's illogical.

I really don't know what Hillary is up to unless someone brings her up in here. Nobody I know on social media spends much time talking about her. I hear more here from her detractors than I do on social media among friends who still like her.

I think liberals, since you asked, follow Trump because he is not stable. There is constant upheaval.

If he didn't fire someone every week or change his mind more often than most folks change their bedsheets, I would imagine that most people would just try to ignore him until he's out of office.

They probably do that for laughs but I don't really understand it either. To me it's the equivalent of watching a TV show then complaining about it. I might read his tweets on occasion but to follow him gives him satisfaction.

It's hard to ignore him. He's the leader of our country but I do wish there was more focus on his administration more. I try to see what's going on when it comes to what's relevant to me and there are less articles about it. We should focus on both equally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yep ya do. The classic signs are irrational thoughts when ever the name Trump comes up. You tell me Trump is a con man.
Yet, nearly all politicians have been caught lying and stretching the truth. The fact that trump uses embellishments does not mean he makes more of them. When everyone knows , its not manipulation. Huge means maybe a little bigger. Everyone knows.
There's a difference between the usual lying and what Trump does. He changes his story in the same day perhaps in the same sentence..not to mention whatever else he's done or said.
My biggest problem with him is he's an honest liar meaning he will lie but still remains blunt about the wrong things.

Quote:
Actually.... if you keep on telling me I have a mental disorder, you're probably attacking me personally, and that's a violation of the TOS, so no... you probably do not have the right to keep telling me that I, personally, have some sort of mental disorder just because I don't like Trump and you do.

I am not talking about Clintons or Bushes or Obamas here. I am talking about Trump. I have never liked him. He comes across as full of himself, sleazy, and generally of poor manners.

I thought that before he ever decided to run for office. My opinion as far as that goes is NOT political.

I just don't like him.

If you must drag the Clintons into this, I never thought much of Bill's philandering, but he's affable enough as a person outside of that part of his personality and if Hillary could live with it, it wasn't any of my business unless he had some sort of charges brought against him for rape or assault.

And, that's my opinion of the Clintons. Do I think all politicians are into it for money and prestige? Sure.

Do I dislike all of them entirely? Nah.

Do I dislike Trump entirely? Yes. But, I did before he ever tried to play politician.

That's all. It's not partisan. I just think he's a jackass.

It probably is but I wouldn't worry about it. You do know that they considered Einstein crazy as well. If we're mental we are in good company.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:25 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Quote:
I actually thought you were describing the way you felt about Obama.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:37 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,123,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Um..no. Obama was a lame duck cuc..the most we did was shake our head in sheer disgust and muttered how incompetent he is. We certainly didnt riot in the streets
How many "entertainers" did to Obama what Kathy Griffin did to Trump? How many "entertainers" publically addressed Michelle Obama as a "C*&T"? The list goes on and on with these lefty loon hypocrites.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:33 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Where were you when all this was going on? Good Speaker? Yeah, if he was using a teleprompter. I am sure some interviews were edited to eliminate hemming and hawing when he wasn't using one.

Trump was not popular with the press. He did get a lot of press, though. Usually bad.
Oh, come on.

He is an intelligent human being who understands the definitions of words.

That alone puts him ahead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies