Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2018, 04:12 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Trump Derangement Syndrome: This is what I don't understand: Let's pretend Hillary had won the election. If she had, then I would not have followed her on social media, Twitter and the like.... But yet, (many) Trump-haters follow him on Twitter. I don't get that? The LAST thing I would have wanted to do is read anything about Hillary! (had she become president).. Seriously. The next thing I would NOT do is post daily about Hillary (had she won). But yet, Libs post numerous threads, far more than I can count, about Trump. They call him more names than I can count, as well.

So Liberals, why are you so obsessed with Trump? If he sickens you so much, why even read, listen or comment about others posts about Trump? Some of you watch CNN and comment here about everything he says, does, eats, trips he takes, golf games he plays and it's to the level of insanity the amount of feedback you give about a guy you really hate!
I do have to agree with you on that. Why follow Trump on Twitter? I don't follow him. The only way I know he tweeted something is when it shows up on someone's social media feed or when Twitter suggests that I read it. He's the president and seems to be issuing briefings via tweet, so it's not like I will just ignore it and find out later that he just nuked North Korea.

But, follow him? Nah. I would not give him the satisfaction of an extra follower on Twitter. I know some liberals who follow him and I have told them myself that it's illogical.

I really don't know what Hillary is up to unless someone brings her up in here. Nobody I know on social media spends much time talking about her. I hear more here from her detractors than I do on social media among friends who still like her.

I think liberals, since you asked, follow Trump because he is not stable. There is constant upheaval.

If he didn't fire someone every week or change his mind more often than most folks change their bedsheets, I would imagine that most people would just try to ignore him until he's out of office.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:21 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I agree with you about the whole reality TV mess and late night TV comics. They seem to be catering to the younger crowd which will lean more liberal so they are preaching to their crowd. It just seems they've all taken it too far and everything has gotten so brutal. There is no forgiveness any longer, no acceptance and no forgiveness no matter who you support.

MOst of all want basically the same thing we just disagree some on how to get there. The media plays too big a role in stirring up the the masses and there is too much money buying power and influence.
Yes.... and this whole thing is magnified by having a president who is very big on ratings and media.

I think that would be a factor with any president who was that much into social media, ratings, etc... no matter what their political affiliation.

I do agree that most of us, at the end of the day, want the same things. We could beat ourselves up for not being able to agree on how to get there, but look at Congress. It's their JOB and they cannot do it.

Old 06-01-2018, 04:47 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Interesting piece from last year in Salon. https://www.salon.com/2017/01/08/you...e-his-critics/

I see this constantly on this forum, and I'm not sure if people who constantly go on about it realize that nobody actually thinks this is a disorder. It's just a nuisance where people toss it casually into any attempt to hold a conversation where parties are not in agreement.

I'm jumping right in because I use TDR. I use it when, no matter what the subject, a post somehow manages to bring Trump into the conversation. imo, that's a bigger nuisance. The same thing happened with Obama. ODS:

https://www.mediamatters.org/blog/20...rome-is/207943

ODS & TDS won't make it into the next DSM.

Old 06-01-2018, 11:03 PM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times
Quote:
I actually find that comment to be a far better comeback than "TDS!"

At least you are being pretty clear that you object to people whining about how Trump is not their president.

I told someone that I would never refer to Trump specifically as "My president."

And, I never have. I also have not made any sort of point to label him as "NOT my president."

I am a citizen of this country and he is the president of it, so he's everyone here's president.

I just have no real need or desire to label him as such. I refer to him as "the president" but I have done the same with all the ones before him, so I think that's reasonable enough.

I think claiming him is a point of pride. I'm not proud of him. Not a fan. So, why would I claim him now when I never formally claimed any of the ones before him and I actually DID like some of them?
I know, huh?

Old 06-01-2018, 11:44 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
People use TDS in many different ways.

My favorites are: Trump's Deranged Sycophants, and Trump's Deplorable Sodomites

When talking about Trump, TDS can refer to:
Trumps Diminutive Stature or Trump's Dumb Self.

If you look at the posters here who refer to TDS as Trump Derangement Syndrome, you will find that they are typically dealing with a mutated strain of the disease that seems to target a weakness in low IQ's, and leaves its victims beyond hope of recovery.

Their brains are like computers that are put online, without anti-viral programs to protect against malware infestation. A clean re-boot is the only hope for them. But there might be some good business opportunities, to run intensive de-programming clinics for them, like those that rehabilitate teenagers, who ran away and joined radical religious cults.

Last edited by Steve McDonald; 06-01-2018 at 11:52 PM..

Old 06-02-2018, 07:38 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
It may not be a real medical disorder, but...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...m-meeting.html

Old 06-02-2018, 09:03 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Quote:
Nope. I really am not. I do not like him and I never have.

Yep ya do. The classic signs are irrational thoughts when ever the name Trump comes up. You tell me Trump is a con man.
Yet, nearly all politicians have been caught lying and stretching the truth. The fact that trump uses embellishments does not mean he makes more of them. When everyone knows , its not manipulation. Huge means maybe a little bigger. Everyone knows.

Quote:
I do not see any reason to start because he's yet to give me one. I do not see someone blundering around dong stupid stuff as a president being good for the country. He is good for lining his own pockets... it's really very apparent.
Ask yourself how public servants like the Clintons are worth $100 million . Have you ever read any political philosophy? The Machiavellian formula is the tyrant seeks wealth were the established wealth seeks recognition. The threat from the Trump class is not typically "stealing". Its something that would be grandiose but ill advised because they seek glory . Its going to be impossible to have no influence. Tony Rezco and Obama? Plenty of room for partisanship but hardly a smoking gun. Yet only when Trump has these timing issues is he lining his pockets.

Quote:
You are free to see it differently, of course.

You are not free to continue to tell me I have a mental disorder for seeing what I see in this situation.
I am free to say you have the syndrome. Your position is not rational and its full of bias.

Quote:
In my opinion, he is not qualified to run a PTA meeting, much less a country. And, if you think so, that's on you.

I'm not going to fall in line and that's okay, too.
In my opinion you are not really qualified to be posting . If a birther said "I don't think Obama could drive a bus" , would you be impressed? Yet you just did the Trump version of it. That is the derangement syndrome.

Old 06-02-2018, 09:57 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,624,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Yep ya do. The classic signs are irrational thoughts when ever the name Trump comes up. You tell me Trump is a con man.
Yet, nearly all politicians have been caught lying and stretching the truth. The fact that trump uses embellishments does not mean he makes more of them. When everyone knows , its not manipulation. Huge means maybe a little bigger. Everyone knows.

Ask yourself how public servants like the Clintons are worth $100 million . Have you ever read any political philosophy? The Machiavellian formula is the tyrant seeks wealth were the established wealth seeks recognition. The threat from the Trump class is not typically "stealing". Its something that would be grandiose but ill advised because they seek glory . Its going to be impossible to have no influence. Tony Rezco and Obama? Plenty of room for partisanship but hardly a smoking gun. Yet only when Trump has these timing issues is he lining his pockets.

I am free to say you have the syndrome. Your position is not rational and its full of bias.

In my opinion you are not really qualified to be posting . If a birther said "I don't think Obama could drive a bus" , would you be impressed? Yet you just did the Trump version of it. That is the derangement syndrome.
Good points--and spot on.

Old 06-02-2018, 10:18 AM

20,724 posts, read 19,363,240 times
Here is a test for derangement syndrome:

List all the good things about Obama:

If the list is zero then you have Obama derangement syndrome.

List the good things about Trump:

If the list is zero its a sign of Trump derangement syndrome.

Here is my list of Obama:

* ended the Cuba embargo.
* did not suck up to Israel to the extend of others, including Trump.
* did not over react against fracking.(there are environmental issues, yes)
* was not a Russia hawk, unlike Romney.
* reversed torture polices

And I really did not like a lot of Obama's polices because he is too much of the central micro manager, which generally means they micromanage things best left to the states or the market.

Old 06-02-2018, 12:04 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The problem is, I didn't start out by disliking Obama. I started out neutral to slightly positive. Over the years I grew to dislike him thoroughly.

TDS victims developed it suddenly on Nov 8, 2016. Ben Shapiro displayed the reaction, and so did Huma Abedin; Hillary herself has become unhinged.

It has gotten worse now with Democrats frantic to defeat the same measures they were in favor of on Nov 7th! That's deranged. And it's psychological.
To be fair to Ben Shapiro, the Ben who displayed the reaction is Ben Rhodes, not Ben Shapiro.

(see the video in post #46 on this thread).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies