Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you consider referring to any woman as a "c" offensive and disrespectful toward women
Yes 50 72.46%
No 19 27.54%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 02:39 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
No, they don't. That is just you projecting your pathology onto others, who in fact think quite alot differently than you do.

Regardless of how hard this is for you to understand, there are other ways to think and process the world other than the way that hardcore devotees to the Democrat left's vile identity politics and "Political correctness" groupthink do.
Look in the mirror, please. Just substitute "Republican" and it is even more so true.

Anyway, I don't expect to change your dogmatic mind - I'll just focus on getting folks to the polls and vote out your side. And there's more of us than ya'll.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:44 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Are the righties really offended at what some woman said while they still support Trump, a slimebag who's disrespectful to practically everyone and who has even less class than the woman in question?

Stow the righteous indignation, righties. Every time your Orange God mouthed off hatred, you lapped it up and praised his malice, claiming that he was "saying what everyone is really thinking" when he spewed bigotry and picked on people like some overgrown playground bully. You enjoyed it, supported it, and voted for it. Don't come to us now and pretend you're offended by it.

As for the rest, no, it's not "mind control" or "wrong" to expect people to keep their bigotry, religious lunacy, and overall malice and immaturity to themselves. That's called "being an adult in a civilized society." I wouldn't expect Trumpers to understand that, given who they support, but those are the facts.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Again, these words are offensive regaredless who uses them.

The real issue is the double standard being promoted by the "Political correctness" bullies of the Democrat left.
Nope, the real issue is the double-standards of the far-right, pretending to now be "offended" by this while still blindly supporting Trump, the potty-mouth in chief.

Get the hate-spewing, vile-tongues boars in your own party under control, righties, before pretending to need a fainting couch because of what some "liberal" uttered.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Are the righties really offended at what some woman said while they still support Trump, a slimebag who's disrespectful to practically everyone and who has even less class than the woman in question?

Stow the righteous indignation, righties. Every time your Orange God mouthed off hatred, you lapped it up and praised his malice, claiming that he was "saying what everyone is really thinking" when he spewed bigotry and picked on people like some overgrown playground bully. You enjoyed it, supported it, and voted for it. Don't come to us now and pretend you're offended by it.

As for the rest, no, it's not "mind control" or "wrong" to expect people to keep their bigotry, religious lunacy, and overall malice and immaturity to themselves. That's called "being an adult in a civilized society." I wouldn't expect Trumpers to understand that, given who they support, but those are the facts.
So you are saying that no one from the left ever disrespects women? Really?

Old 06-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Great post. Despite what the OP has written, there isn't any "liberal" who is defending Bee for using the C-word. What they are doing is saying is that yes it is bad and in poor taste but is no where near what Roseanne said. OP, why are conservatives defending Roseanne but not Bee? This whole thread is nothing more than to attack liberals.
Precisely. What Bee said is WRONG, she she suffer the appropriate consequences for it - doubly so since attacking the family of politicians is off limits, IMHO, unless that person is, themselves, a strong politician. But that doesn't excuse Trump, Roseanne, or the countless hordes of right-wing extremists who mouth off all the time and get away with it.

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the righties to apologize for calling Michelle Obama an "ape in a dress"

https://www.vox.com/identities/2016/...election-trump

No consequences that matter for that type of obvious bigotry, so the righties can stuff their fake indignation over "using foul language." Maybe when they quit licking Trump's boots we can have a real conversation about this, but I doubt it.

Old 06-03-2018, 02:51 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
actually the right is using it to put down those who kneel during the anthem. and in this case have taken it to the extreme so those who do lose their job. and it is trump who is leading with this version of political correctness
Sure go ahead, they have free speech rights but I don't fork over my hard earned money to go to the games or watch them on TV to watch them disrespect American.

Gotta love this country, the land of the free

Old 06-03-2018, 06:16 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Look in the mirror, please. Just substitute "Republican" and it is even more so true.

Anyway, I don't expect to change your dogmatic mind - I'll just focus on getting folks to the polls and vote out your side. And there's more of us than ya'll.
In California there are more of you than us. The difference is all in California, which the Dems might just win at a statewide level by a 2-1 margin.

It still counts the same in the electoral college as if you won it by one vote. And you cannot redistribute those votes to other states where you are running short.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:54 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Sure go ahead, they have free speech rights but I don't fork over my hard earned money to go to the games or watch them on TV to watch them disrespect American.

Gotta love this country, the land of the free
That is your interpretation. the "politcally correct" one. If you have been to NFL games about half the crowd is at the concessions when the anthem is played.

I have watched many games on TV. I never saw anyone watching the TV that stood up. OR placed hand over heart. Or even observed silently.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:28 AM

13,961 posts, read 5,625,642 times
As a word in the American lexicon, the "c" word is intended as a severe pejorative towards a woman. Since it would likely offend any woman so labeled, and do so by intention and design, it is offensive to women generally. That's kind of a no brainer really.

That said...so what? We have words like "insult" and "pejorative" in our language because lots of words are offensive to lots of people/groups, and by design. Individual liberty, freedom of speech, etc include the natural individual right to be a total jerk.

Samantha Bee's entire schtick is insulting people. Watch her show. It's all she does. She uses words meant to insult and offend, quite intentionally and by design. Welcome to a free country.

The irony, of course, is that Samantha Bee is the walking textbook definition of a "c***"

Old 06-05-2018, 02:26 AM

927 posts, read 586,516 times
It's mind control. They have grown up from political correctness as they know people are too lazy to stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies