Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 02:30 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,547,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It seems we are in agreement here. We don't like them, we don't want them in office and therefore we can vote against them whenever and wherever we can. (Keeping in mind that just a few of these guys are generally sneaking into low level slots unopposed.)

I respect that you view them as a bigger threat than I do and I can appreciate why.

However, I view things like the large urban police forces backed by entrenched political groups as a much bigger threat than these Nazi punks. They're also the ones that try to use Jim Crow era laws like bullet taxes and registration fees etc.
I view them as a threat for a reason. It is bad enough that we have these Neo-Nazis and White supremacists. I look to their ideology. I look to things they have done. The KKK and the Neo-Nazis have a notorious history of violence. If they become holders of public office, why shouldn't I expect them to try sneaking in very bigoted policies?

I think about this. The KKK and Neo-Nazi types want a change in government. They hate the current police forces and governments for a reason. One thing I can count on is if some KKK or Neo-Nazi does commit a hate crime, they go to prison. If White supremacists ARE the government, that changes things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 02:37 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Today is the day... get to the polls, or have the KKK invade California.

Old 06-05-2018, 02:44 PM

18,453 posts, read 7,080,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
But this is not about nationalism as it applies to all Americans. This thread is about White nationalism/separatism/supremacy.

The term "white nationalist" refers to anyone who espouses the views of White nationalism. If you think it is just some term the left uses to make things sound racist, you are part of the problem when it comes to race relations in America.

Again, I was not talking about "nationalism". I was talking about "White nationalism" and everything that goes along with it. How is it good for America?

It depends....

Are the people in question defining themselves as " white nationalist" in the way you are defining it, or are you or others assigning this position to them?

It's kind of like the "when is it ok to punch a Nazi?" meme.

Is the person actually a Nazi?

Or are you just calling them one because you disagree with their views?

Old 06-05-2018, 02:55 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,571,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
... sort of, after having been a follower and financial backer of his church and listening to him preach black liberation theology for 20 years.

In contrast, Trump had no relationship whatsoever with Duke.

Yes Trump did he was endorsed by David Duke and the KKK and other white supremacist groups. Donald Trump also said that some of the people in the white supremacist groups were good people and , that sounds like a relationship to me.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:20 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,287,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Social Justice. Achieving equality by dragging the "privileged" group down to the level of the disadvantaged group. Easier than lifting the disadvantaged group up. Is dragging everyone down preferable to allowing perceived disparity to continue?
So you're in favor of affirmative action?

Old 06-05-2018, 04:32 PM

8,452 posts, read 4,746,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
Yes Trump did he was endorsed by David Duke and the KKK and other white supremacist groups. Donald Trump also said that some of the people in the white supremacist groups were good people and , that sounds like a relationship to me.
No he didn't. "Good people on both sides" meant good people for and against tearing down the confederate statues. Not everyone protesting the removal of the statues was a white nationalist just like not everyone demonstrating in support of tearing them down were members of antifa.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:30 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

You mean like La Raza supporting illegal immigration for their own ethnic group and supporting Hillary because of it? She certainly endorced and pandered to them. Sounds like brown supremacy to me.

Old 06-05-2018, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
It depends....

Are the people in question defining themselves as " white nationalist" in the way you are defining it, or are you or others assigning this position to them?

It's kind of like the "when is it ok to punch a Nazi?" meme.

Is the person actually a Nazi?

Or are you just calling them one because you disagree with their views?

Bingo!

Old 06-05-2018, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
A nationalist wants to put their country and their country's citizens at the top of their priority list. A white nationalist wants to put their country and only the white citizens within that country's interests at the top of their priority list. In America that means a nationalist wants what's best for all American citizens without prioritizing one race or ethnicity over another, while typically the interests of citizens of other countries would be a secondary concern.

Exactly, except the left twists it to mean that anyone of the white race that is a nationalist is also supposedly a "white" nationalist meaning they want an all white country which is false in most cases.

Old 06-05-2018, 06:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,030,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Prove it. Go ahead and prove that Trump and his supporters, some who voted for Obama, will support some low level white nationalist. But you can't.
So, you think the Republicans are running white supremacists because they want to lose the election? Because that is what you are proposing - that they are intentionally choosing candidates to lose. The only other choice is, of course, the correct one - the GOP knows full well that right-wing racism appeals to certain strong parts of their base. This was proven with Trump; he only gained support from the far-right when he mouthed off bigotry.

Clearly, you are unable to defend the GOP or the worst of their supporters with any facts. Your proposal that they are running candidates intentionally to lose is laughable, you have yet to find any defense of Trump's actions, and the rest of your argument is just petty partisan absurdities.

If you are unable, or unwilling, to see the obvious connection between right-wing politics and white supremacists, that is your problem not mine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies