Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 02:24 AM

20 posts, read 8,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Why doesn't the world stop America?

Well besides being the world's only superpower, the world's global currency, having the world's largest economy, and the world's best military, it's much easier to be for America than against America.

The bullying of Russia and China, only make aligning with America that much easier for countries. WW2, Cold War, etc. showed us that some countries are just too stupid and crazy to ever be trusted on the level that countries have for America.
So what you're telling me is that the world is a coward?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 02:40 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,012,173 times
America isn't a 'bad' country, Americans are obviously deluded, arrogant and not the brightest when it comes to the way of the world (some posts on here plainly show that) but they (the people and government, in general) ain't bad. Trump is an idiot of course but Putin is FAR more of a worry.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:48 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettothepoint View Post
Are you Europeans going to do something or not?
Quote:
So what you're telling me is that the world is a coward?
You must be very young and idealistic........ Now, say Europe, especially the EU decide that America is a blood thirsty enemy that must be stopped. Where do we decide the war will be fought?

We have had quite enough of wars in Europe this last 100 years, thank you very much.

So, is it going to be fought in Iraq, or Afghanistan? A war without nuclear weapons being used? Man to man? There would be mass slaughter like hasn't been seen since the First and Second World Wars. China and Russia would stand by relishing it all.

Britain would never fight in a war against America. Never. We are close allies, who have spilt blood fighting against common enemies.

Look at it this way. If any Muslim country had the power that America has, how do you think they would use that power? It would make what America does look like a stroll in the park.

America, at the heart of it, wants to do good, and be admired. In recent decades, they have made massive mistakes getting into wars they shouldn't have. But, you won't find better, friendlier people anywhere than your average American.

It's the crazy people they vote into power that are the problem. The latest sociopath, Trump, is a nut case. But, I understand why America voted for him. They want real change, not the status quo. He is waving the big stick. I think Europe think they just have to sit it out, and wait for him to finish his term as President. It could be until 2024, which is a long time.

So back to your question........ where do you think this war against America should be fought, and will you be a soldier in it?

Old 06-04-2018, 03:53 AM

37,952 posts, read 17,848,920 times
Quote:
Yeah but a country was in need of protection. I don't know what the mood was in Iraq when the invasion started but if my already poor country will be invaded, I would probably ask help from the outside world.

It's not a matter of being world cop, it's just helping this one poor country; I don't see that as policing or dictating.
Why do you think the ones in charge are better for the people than the ones overthrowing that government? or vice versa.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:41 AM

58,958 posts, read 27,261,820 times
Quote:
I've heard the argument a hundred billion times that Iraq was wrong, it shouldn’t have been done, etc. etc. etc. If that's so, why didn't the world protect Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or the other countries America has invaded?

Why didn't the world aid those countries, put troops there to protect the citizens, create a blockade to prevent American warships from entering and even blockaded America itself and threatened them if it did not cease its invasion?
"why didn't the world protect Iraq?

Go take a history lesson on the Iraq war and get back to us when finished.

You OBVIOUSLY do NOT know what happened!

Old 06-04-2018, 07:01 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,013,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I wouldnt exactly call the US military the 'most formidable military force in history', maybe in appearance/ on the surface, but thats where it ends.

If world history teaches us anything, its that NO ONE nation retains the 'toughest kid on the block' trophy for too long...eventually someone comes along and takes it away, many times, they dont even see it coming either!
US military track record is that of failure post WWII.

Quote:
Yes, yes but why didn't the world stop them? Why didn't the world protect Iraq?
Are you willing to risk your life to have saved Iraq from the US back then?

Are you willing to risk your life for them now?

You're probably like many, talk about it but not do anything.

I don't care about the Middle East. I'm not willing to die for them. That's why nobody did anything.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:03 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
US military track record is that of failure post WWII.

Are you willing to risk your life to have saved Iraq from the US back then?

Are you willing to risk your life for them now?

You're probably like many, talk about it but not do anything.

I don't care about the Middle East. I'm not willing to die for them. That's why nobody did anything.
I think a much bigger reason why they're still in a quagmire without end is illustrated by a recent report out of Afghanistan.......50% of children are prevented from attending school.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east...school/1164378

And: https://www.hrw.org/news/2017/10/17/...ggle-education

The world has no freak'n idea of how to help that neck of the woods. It's almost as if they cannot remove tribal and religious insanity from their landscape. Should someone try to inoculate them with common sense; they turn on their saviours. You could remove every despotic and brutal tribal leader over there and those people would replace them the next day with one that is worse. Karzai got rich off them by taking money destined to help them and squirreled it away...billions went missing.

Iraqis are no different. They put the authority of their zealots above that of rational thought.

You cannot help those who will not help themselves.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:50 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,235,535 times
Default Why didn't the world save Iraq?

Quote:
I've heard the argument a hundred billion times that Iraq was wrong, it shouldn’t have been done, etc. etc. etc. If that's so, why didn't the world protect Iraq? Or Afghanistan? Or the other countries America has invaded?

Why didn't the world aid those countries, put troops there to protect the citizens, create a blockade to prevent American warships from entering and even blockaded America itself and threatened them if it did not cease its invasion?
The reason why no one tried to stop the Americans from invading Iraq to overthrow Saddam is that Saddam was an evil brutal dictator. Basically he had many enemies but no allies, none that would stick their necks out for him anyway.

The real question....

People forget that after the first Gulf War, the United States and Britain were maintaining No-fly zones in the north to protect the Kurds and in the south to protect the Shia from Saddam (France was also helping until Saddam bribed them off). The Allies were continually being fired on while almost no other nations helped them, indeed many, including even United Nations officials, were taking bribe money from Saddam.

So if so many people wanted to keep Saddam in power, why did no one help the British and the Americans keep a watch on him? Why was it left to just a few nations?

Old 06-04-2018, 09:04 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I think a much bigger reason why they're still in a quagmire without end is illustrated by a recent report out of Afghanistan.......50% of children are prevented from attending school.
It's kind of tough to send your kid to school with another country blowing them up.

https://theirworld.org/news/un-probe...-school-attack

(To note, there is no such thing as "Afghan Air force".) It was us.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:19 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,476,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It's kind of tough to send your kid to school with another country blowing them up.

https://theirworld.org/news/un-probe...-school-attack

(To note, there is no such thing as "Afghan Air force".) It was us.
A much bigger reason is this one that goes to my post about it not being "other countries".:

Afghanistan: bomber targets gathering of religious leaders who banned suicide attacks | South China Morning Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies