Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 06:18 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
We need to understand that, the Africans aren't going to Europe simply because they are poor, or because there are wars. It is more complicated than that.

Sure, they just woke up one morning, paid a trafficker their last dollar to take a raft across the Mediterranean Sea to live the good life in a refugee camp in a country where they are despised.
It sure couldn't be that their lives were in danger and it was a choice between life and death because other neighbors and members were killed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 08:04 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,588,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
We need to fix Africa in Africa.
Once again, people will only believe what they want to believe regardless of who is doing the reporting. And I'm willing to bet the articles that I have used to back up my claims have all been shined on; never looked at. I find people to be just pig headed that way ... I thank God every day, I am who I am, because I can not imagine being any one else. And that's the truth.

The Military Doesn't Advertise It, But U.S. Troops Are All Over Africa

"When U.S. troops were ambushed in Niger last October, the widespread reaction was surprise: The U.S. has military forces in Niger? What are they doing there?"

Fixing Africa in Africa the American way.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Sure, they just woke up one morning, paid a trafficker their last dollar to take a raft across the Mediterranean Sea to live the good life in a refugee camp in a country where they are despised.
It sure couldn't be that their lives were in danger and it was a choice between life and death because other neighbors and members were killed.
Those who didn't make it.

The Mediterranean: why so many deaths at sea in 2016?

More Than 3,100 Migrants Died Crossing Mediterranean In 2017

"We have to ask ourselves, why is this still happening?"

People's humanity is showing in this thread.

Old 06-08-2018, 08:13 AM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

Europeans indeed conducted a particularly brutal, barbaric, and heinous form of slavery across the Atlantic. The Arabs also conducted a similar type of slavery. However, the scale of human atrocity committed against the subsaharan African and the indigenous American by Europeans dwarfs all others by comparison.

Owning of slaves and slave girls with inheritance rights of same was allowed according to the Old Testament. Look up Leviticus 25: 44 to 46. This was the legal basis of slavery in the US south.

Beating your slave or slave girl to death over several days was also permitted: Exodus 21:20-21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeliner View Post

Who could be any worse than whites have been to people of color upon this planet?

If rape, forced servitude, disease, and death are of the worse possible fates of human beings, then whites have singularly sewn the seeds of eternal suffering throughout this entire planet.

Perhaps the Italians remember the mass rape of their women (and young boys) by black African soldiers fighting for the French Army during WWII (called Goumiers)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marocchinate

Old 06-08-2018, 08:17 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,202,687 times
Quote:
The vast-majority of the people who are going to Europe were never in any physical danger. And even if they were, the moment they cross the border of their country into a neighboring country, there ceases to be that danger. Once the Syrians cross the border into Turkey, they are safe. They don't need to go to Germany. They want to go to Germany.

The truth is, these people are almost-entirely economic-migrants, which is why the vast-majority of them are men. So don't give me the bull****.

With that said, I am not letting Europe off the hook. It is most-definitely the result of capitalism, imperialism, globalism, and the foreign-policy of Western nations which have created the conditions that have driven those people into the kind of despair and desperation where they are willing to potentially die on boats, or in the wilderness, just to get to Europe.

I pity them, and I largely blame us, but when I say us, I mean the ruling classes of this country, not the common people. And the people who are hurt by mass-immigration aren't the ruling classes who created the problems in the first place, it is the common people. The ruling classes actually benefit on both ends.

It is like tails you win, heads I lose.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 06-08-2018 at 09:21 AM..

Old 06-08-2018, 12:18 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
The research that's been done on the matter suggests that's exactly what's happening. Is it really so hard to believe? Just look at the US/Mexico border. There are people who are smuggled into Mexico from all over the world, then smuggled across the border into the United States. There are Mexicans and Latinos smuggling themselves in. Very few if any are coming from war-torn areas. They're looking for a better life in the USA. They often pay exorbitant amounts of money for all of it. And virtually all of them have a massively inflated idea of just how much better their life will be once they get to the United States.

It's really the same scenario in Europe. I don't think that the folks from Africa who pay to be smuggled into Europe have any inkling that some of the Europeans have grown to resent and detest them. They just know in their heart of hearts that if they get to Europe, life will magically be better for them. And we already know what happens to those who can't pay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S2qtGisT34

Honestly, I think it would be best for all involved to just shut down the flow of migrants. These people are being exploited along the way and when they get to Europe, there are no jobs or houses waiting for them. They often end up sleeping on the streets or in tent cities for all their trouble. Italy repatriating 600,000 back to their home countries sends a message to those in those countries with similar ideas. "Don't bother putting yourself through hell. They'll just send you back anyways." It might sound mean, but it's tough love and a means to the end of ending the suffering of the migrants. As I've said so many times, Europe doesn't need them. These people are desperately needed in their home countries to make a better life for everyone there. If the EU members want to spend money, spend it helping to fix African nations. All of this isn't

Isn't it interesting that virtually all of them are men? No women. No children. The entire process discriminates against the most disadvantaged. This is also multiplies problems. Dump a few million single unaccompanied men with absolutely nothing to do into Europe and a lot of bad stuff tends to happen as a result. Violence, rape, etc. It really isn't that surprising.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:27 PM

Quote:
The research that's been done on the matter suggests that's exactly what's happening. Is it really so hard to believe?
as more than 33,000 migrants have died at sea trying to enter Europe since 2000 ... despite an overall drop in the number of refugees making the journey.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
as more than 33,000 migrants have died at sea trying to enter Europe since 2000 ... despite an overall drop in the number of refugees making the journey.
Okay, can you offer a solution?

My solution is keep deporting them back to their countries of origin. Pretty soon, the realization sinks in that they can't come to Europe and they stop getting killed trying to make the trip.

You got a better solution?

PS: Dying in transit doesn't change the fact that you are an economic migrant and not a refugee. It just means you had no idea how dangerous the journey would be when you started out.

Old 06-08-2018, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Okay, can you offer a solution?

My solution is keep deporting them back to their countries of origin. Pretty soon, the realization sinks in that they can't come to Europe and they stop getting killed trying to make the trip.

You got a better solution?

PS: Dying in transit doesn't change the fact that you are an economic migrant and not a refugee. It just means you had no idea how dangerous the journey would be when you started out.
wow, you must really think they're stupid.

btw: I know what it is like to hit that prejudice wall; there is no getting through it ...

Old 06-08-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
wow, you must really think they're stupid.
No idea how you came to that conclusion. Mind explaining?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies