Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 01:53 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times

Advertisements

Another one bites the dust.

Who breaks into someone's house with a gun? No pity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 01:59 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,960,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
One who doesn't have shoot outs at his house --- the casual comment that this has happened before -- meh -- suggests there might be something more to his just defending himself against random intruders.

Being worried about family retaliation -- meh -- again -- something suggests this isn't a random crime.

If I come home and see someone ransacking my house -- first step -- call 911. Honestly -- any of you smart gun owners -- would you just walk in to a house being robbed without a gun in hand -- thinking -- if I can just get to the closet. NO!!!!!

There is so much more to this story.

I just think that folks might want to be a little more discerning about trying to find examples where a good guy with a gun saved himself and his friends from danger.
Right? There’s no way that an unarmed man runs into a house with armed robbers, hoping to get to the gun first. It’s unbelievable.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:18 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
I wouldn’t bet money that this was a “good guy”.
From the link:

"The homeowner admits it's not the first time there's been a shooting at his home. Police markings show where the home was shot up less than a year ago."

But, at least he did off a couple of scumbags.

No doubt they were "just in the process of turning their lives around" when they were shot in the act of armed robbery.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Good thing the homeowner also had a surveillance system inside the house to prove his side of the story.

All parties involved were black so no protesters.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:34 PM

1,081 posts, read 548,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Right? There’s no way that an unarmed man runs into a house with armed robbers, hoping to get to the gun first. It’s unbelievable.
If I entered my home and found it being burglarized, I would attempt to retrieve my weapon if the burglars were in another part of my home. However, if I knew no family members were in the house, then I would exit the home and call 911. There are some people who get so caught up in "My Castle/My Stuff" that they would enter the home regardless of the danger presented. I suppose we should be thankful that this individual retrieved his firearm rather than let it be stolen. (My firearms are in a safe that would take longer for them to open than it would take for the police to arrive.)

I think there is a difference in mentality between those that support the 2nd Amendment and those that do not. That unarmed man may or may not run into a house with armed robbers depending on how he was raised or how much he values his life compared to what is inside.

Old 06-04-2018, 02:38 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
"It was either me or them" Makes for a great movie title.
Especially for a Western/cowboy movie.

Old 06-04-2018, 04:00 PM

814 posts, read 759,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
If I entered my home and found it being burglarized, I would attempt to retrieve my weapon if the burglars were in another part of my home. However, if I knew no family members were in the house, then I would exit the home and call 911. There are some people who get so caught up in "My Castle/My Stuff" that they would enter the home regardless of the danger presented. I suppose we should be thankful that this individual retrieved his firearm rather than let it be stolen. (My firearms are in a safe that would take longer for them to open than it would take for the police to arrive.)

I think there is a difference in mentality between those that support the 2nd Amendment and those that do not. That unarmed man may or may not run into a house with armed robbers depending on how he was raised or how much he values his life compared to what is inside.
I don't know, I suppport the 2nd. I also live in a high crime area that frequently makes the news.

I ain't never seen no sh*t like this, this is some Rambo sh*t.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies