Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2018, 11:30 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This is why I don't often trust polls. They were survey a small population than often apply it to a bigger population many times the sample size.
Yup, Knowing Foxnews.com the poll was probably something along the lines of "If you are unhappy living in CA we have a poll for you to take".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
With California's clout in Congress they will probably get all the FEMA funds they demand just like they get the rest of the country to pay for their high speed rail, etc while smaller states get crumbs despite the taxes we pay
Wow... So much wrong with such a short sentence.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
ehhhh...not really

Between 2014 and 2015, the California population was estimated to have grown a mere 0.9%. Between 2016 and 2036, growth is expected to slow to .76 percent, or 6.5 million people, according to California's Department of Finance.
Demographic percentage estimates show seniors' proportion rising overall, with the group of those over 65 rising from 14 percent to 23 percent of the population by 2036. A low birth rate (less than the replacement rate of 2.1 births per woman) and longer life spans together to create an overall aging demographic. In fact, in 2030, the baby boomers will be such a big group that their share of the state's population will be more than people under 18.

cali is greying ……..
As is every other state. Great argument for increasing immigration. More young people, more kids, more consumers and taxpayers to support my graying butt.

Old 06-05-2018, 12:57 PM

4,299 posts, read 2,809,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Another day on City Data, another right-wing thread bashing California. Meanwhile, people keep moving there, the economy keeps growing, and the blood-red Plains states so worshiped by the far-right keep slowly losing people.

Typical right-wing silliness: hating what they cannot have and cannot understand.

I keep saying they should switch with me because meanwhile I want to move to there as I hate where I live and I'm envious that my mom got to grow up in IMO the best state in the US.

I do know the taxes are something else which is part of the reason it's not viable.

I hope they keep leaving. If they leave less riff raff and maybe prices will go down so I can finally live there.

Old 06-05-2018, 01:29 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
It's super expensive, over-populated which makes traffic horrible, and there's a big homeless and gang issue. It's a beautiful state, but I'd only consider Santa Barbara, and I can't afford that area.
Places like Carmel, Lompoc, Big Sur and Solvang don't have horrible traffic, overpopulation, big homeless or gang issues.

Neither does Simi Valley, Moorpark, Camarillo, Oxnard, Ventura, etc.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:29 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that is actually false, well it was true a couple of decades ago, but things change

45% of California is federal land

California actually receives slightly more federal funds than it sends to the federal coffers
Your info or evidence?

Old 06-05-2018, 03:33 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Your info or evidence?
Backward world again. CA pays its way while the average state is a welfare recipient:

"California is, indeed, a donor state. It receives $0.99 in federal expenditures per dollar of taxes paid, which is below the national average return for states of $1.22 per dollar paid, according to its review of a 2015 New York Comptroller study.

That study ranked California 42nd among the fifty states and the District of Columbia for the amount of federal per capita expenditure ($9,172)."

Old 06-05-2018, 03:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
And for everyone that leaves, two more take their place.
And those who replace them are usually illegals or legal immigrants from other countries.

Old 06-05-2018, 03:45 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Backward world again. CA pays its way while the average state is a welfare recipient:
1/3 of the nation's welfare recipients live in california, and 1/5 of Californians are in poverty

Old 06-05-2018, 03:51 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,670,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
1/3 of the nation's welfare recipients live in california, and 1/5 of Californians are in poverty
No other figures change the big picture. CA. also has well over 1/2 of the Venture Capital (Capitalism!) in the United States. But you didn't quote that figure.

It also incubates and contains some of the largest companies in the world. You forgot to mention that.

Taken alone - as just a state - it has the 5th largest economy in the world (if it were a nation). Bigger than the UK. That's quite an accomplishment considering the UK has been at it for many more centuries and sucked resources from much of the known world to create their economy.

You forgot to quote that. I guess they don't tell you that on Fox.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies