Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 08:39 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times

Advertisements

For the same of the country (i.e. by ensuring the demise of the Democrat Party), I hope he runs!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
For the same of the country (i.e. by ensuring the demise of the Democrat Party), I hope he runs!
The same will be said about anyone the Democrats run. Anyone. If Howard Schultz wins the Democratic nomination, I will absolutely vote for him. He's a billionaire that has declared bankruptcy zero times, is married to his first and only wife, doesn't appear to have any son-in-laws on the verge of losing their real estate business trying to get loans from the Middle East and Starbucks is doing quite well with over 25,000 locations around the world.

He wrote a book a couple of years ago called "For Love of Country: What Our Veterans Can Teach Us About Citizenship, Heroism, and Sacrifice"

I hope he runs too.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
The same will be said about anyone the Democrats run. Anyone. If Howard Schultz wins the Democratic nomination, I will absolutely vote for him. He's a billionaire that has declared bankruptcy zero times, is married to his first and only wife, doesn't appear to have any son-in-laws on the verge of losing their real estate business trying to get loans from the Middle East and Starbucks is doing quite well with over 25,000 locations around the world.

I hope he runs too.
He's a racist who pandered to racism and racists by firing a white employee for doing her job because it offended two black non-customers.

He plays the kind of racial identity politics that more and more Americans are growing sick and tired of.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
He's a racist who pandered to racism and racists by firing a white employee for doing her job because it offended two black non-customers.

He plays the kind of racial identity politics that more and more Americans are growing sick and tired of.
If that is racism against whites, then we see the world very very very very differently. Those two guys did absolutely nothing wrong, they were waiting for their friend just like customers do every single day. Now I really want Howard Schultz to run.

We already know Trump has no interest in the black, Hispanic, gay or a large portion of the female vote. Let the games begin.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,855,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Untrustworthy after selling the Sonics to the jive artist from Oklahoma who said he'd keep the team in Seattle then moved them to OKC shortly thereafter.

Schultz is dead to great many folks in the Pacific Northwest. He ripped the heart out of the town that made him what he is. Folks don't forget and will be more than willing to drag out the many skeletons he has in his closet.
It's too bad, I was looking forward to making fun of the idiot if he chose to run...

Old 06-04-2018, 09:02 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post

Howard Schultz can’t even figure out a toilet issue and/or design for a cup .. and that’s aside from all the name spelling jokes we have seen on the internet.
If he runs that will cause an avalanche of jokes and I feel almost sorry for the guy if he runs

I'm assuming you are probably talking about the red cups a few years ago that were supposedly anti-Christian?

Old 06-04-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I'm assuming you are probably talking about the red cups a few years ago that were supposedly anti-Christian?
If they aren't crying about a war on Christmas how will they make themselves the victims? They need that war on Christmas!

Old 06-04-2018, 09:11 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
If that is racism against whites, then we see the world very very very very differently. Those two guys did absolutely nothing wrong, they were waiting for their friend just like customers do every single day. Now I really want Howard Schultz to run.

We already know Trump has no interest in the black, Hispanic, gay or a large portion of the female vote. Let the games begin.
I agree with you re the bolded.

It was reported that some white customers were sticking up for them and, among other things, saying that they (the white customers sticking up for them) were allowed to use the bathroom without buying anything and without any subsequent consequences. The company can have a policy that some customers might not like, but they can't apply it inconsistently among people of different races. I'm guessing both the city and the company could possibly have smelled a lawsuit that would involve Title II of the Civil Rights Act and, as such, both did the smart thing and settled.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:13 PM

Quote:

But, they did. While they did nothing wrong under newly implemented Starbucks rules, they were trespassing under the old rules and the store employee had every right to ask them to leave. Note, I think Starbucks and the left would have a lot more support on this issue if they didn't play the race card, essentially branding the employee as a racist (wouldn't have done so if she was a black employee) and as having "implicit bias" But they provided no evidence of this fact apart from the employee being white, which is what people are fed up with. Such a line of reasoning is racist and stems from prejudging in a manner similar to what Starbucks and their supporters say they are fighting against.

Old 06-04-2018, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree with you re the bolded.

It was reported that some white customers were sticking up for them and, among other things, saying that they (the white customers sticking up for them) were allowed to use the bathroom without buying anything and without any subsequent consequences. The company can have a policy that some customers might not like, but they can't apply it inconsistently among people of different races. I'm guessing both the city and the company could possibly have smelled a lawsuit that would involve Title II of the Civil Rights Act and, as such, both did the smart thing and settled.
You know what my problem is with this, though? We've heard nothing from the fired employee, which is curious in itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies