Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many people are on your ignore list because you disagree with their politics?
None 104 81.25%
1-3 6 4.69%
3-7 3 2.34%
8+ 15 11.72%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:23 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,575,697 times

Advertisements

None, because we have other things in common and we aren't obnoxious about our politics. I've seen some people in my own life and on TV, however, whom I would ignore if they came into my own life in some way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,263 times
Zero.
Early on, I considered it for a couple of extreme white supremacists/nazis but realized that I'm not going to let morons effect how I feel. They're basically joke characters to me now, and I find it enjoyable to see them worked up in their hate.

As a liberal, the whole point of being on this forum is to see how the other views things, so if I was going to ignore people for different beliefs, it would be pointless to be here.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:21 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
I'm in the zero crowd. I respect all opinions and a verbal joust is good for the brain. Actually I've very much missed being here these last couple of weeks. I went down ice skating backwards and I'm recovering from a broken arm and wrist surgery. I'm only posting because I haven't had and oxycodone yet today. Had I been on here posting in an oxy haze I'm sure I would have been banned for good. That and typing with one hand is a nightmare. I miss you guys and I'll be back on the good days.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:25 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
How many people are on your ignore list because you disagree with their politics?
I have none due solely to their politics.

I have over 50 mainly due to their inability to hold a reasonable conversation or add anything of value to a topic.

The current split is about 50/50 on dems/repubs, used to be a lot more repubs on the list when Obama was in office but now it's the other sides turn to lose their mind.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:26 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Nice one!

I have a plethora of ppl on my ignore list because so many ppl are just trolling or spouting rude or ignorant comments, partisan or otherwise. You know who they are by looking at their low reputation to posts ratio. My time on this board is so limited that I want to spend it actually reading substantive posts and not have to weed through ignoramus/dumb comments.
I also have many (a lot) on the ignore list for the same reasons. Has little to do with whether I agree with their politics.

Most of the criteria are that they're one-trick ponies, spout the same thing over and over again, in addition to the points you've listed. Not worth the time to go through them.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:46 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
None, if a person is being nasty or rude or doing a personal attack, I just report them.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:59 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well given the question was fairly explicit in suggesting the use of the words "ignore list" in context of this forum usage, I would have thought the O/P wanted to know only those using the "ignore feature" of the board.......but..........??

I ignore the noise from my neighbours chain saw but didn't think that pertinent to the thread .....however, if you say so it must be so.

Perhaps you're correct in that the O/P wanted to know "how many people do you choose to ignore during your day."
It was a simple expansion on an answer to a question and nothing more.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:23 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
I don't think that most people in here have anyone on their ignore list just because they don't like their political views it's because they are race card pulling, uncivil and resort to juvenile insults over and over. I have those kind on my ignore list as after awhile I tend to get hot under the collar over it and start firing back at them. It's best to protect yourself from infractions or getting banned for doing that by using the ignore feature.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:55 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Some people take all this waaaaay too seriously. It's a discussion on some frigging backwater Internet forum. Need to keep some perspective.
Bingo! Why would anyone care about rudeness on an Internet forum? I don't know you people, and honestly, I don't really care what you think of me. I'm not looking for a mate. I just want to have conversations with people who are interested in politics, since I rarely do that with my friends.

I would never report someone for being rude either. I'm not a tattle tale.

Old 06-05-2018, 11:59 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Bingo! Why would anyone care about rudeness on an Internet forum? I don't know you people, and honestly, I don't really care what you think of me. I'm not looking for a mate. I just want to have conversations with people who are interested in politics, since I rarely do that with my friends.

I would never report someone for being rude either. I'm not a tattle tale.
Huh? Why would people like to continually read rude comments, either?

I mean, I am all for not bothering to report people who are habitually rude when ignoring them is an easier option.

I don't have anyone on ignore and I didn't before I was a moderator, but based on all I have seen, some folks should DEFINITELY have one another on ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies