Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2018, 06:56 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times

Advertisements

Every other president has divested themselves of their business prior to taking office, and also disclosed their tax returns.

Trumps has done NONE OF THIS. It is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that he's running the oval office as an extension of the Trump Organization, and getting away with it.

He is solely to blame for his hardships. Trying to blame democrats for his malfeasance is dishonest, disgraceful and unAmerican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2018, 07:02 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I don't buy that was his reasoning. How much of campaign money has gone right back into his businesses? IMO he ran because he thought it would better his brand and therefore his business.
I agree with the bolded, and also somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with greywar....I think he wanted to lose all they way to the end, and figured he could try real hard to 'make it a race/give it the old college try', and still have the luxury of losing. Besides running to better his brand, I also think he wanted to get under Obama's skin a bit as retaliation re the 2011 WHCD, and wanted to be able to whine that 'the system is rigged' until taking his last breath.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:04 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
Is he also defeating ISIS (Nope), getting unemployment down to 3.8% (Nope), and trying to denuclearize North Korea to better his brand?(Yup) If so then good for his brand!
But not good for the country.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:05 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,098,252 times
I can imagine that Trump was "immensely frustrated" with the country, and wanted to get into a position where he could clear the way for all of his business ambitions. I see Trump as wanting to "obtain" the presidency as he would any other acquisition, to enlarge his empire and stroke his own ego. (By the way, although I don't think most presidential hopefuls have such an empire to swell, I do think that most have their egos very much wrapped up in the presidential run.) What sounds like a really lofty reason for running (to make a difference) may really have been making a difference in his "brand" and his bottom line rather than making a difference for the people of the country.

I can see that the office would be extremely trying for Trump. He is, after all, used to having the last word on everything. He took an office for which he was woefully unprepared. So of course, it is extremely difficult for him. It is difficult for all presidents, but most are better prepared than he, and many have been close enough to the every day workings of the office that their learning curve is not so steep. It is tough for a man of Trump's intellectual abilities to step into that gargantuan learning curve. In addition, he seems to have had difficulty finding people to assist him who are both highly qualified and sufficiently loyal.

Despite how difficult this is for him, however, I have no sympathy at all for Trump. If he did not know what he was getting into, that is his failing for not looking before leaping. If he is truly overwhelmed, he can always resign. The country deserves someone who is NOT overwhelmed by the office and is competent to handle it's extreme complexities and stress.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:06 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,982,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I agree with the bolded, and also somewhat agree and somewhat disagree with greywar....I think he wanted to lose all they way to the end, and figured he could try real hard to 'make it a race/give it the old college try', and still have the luxury of losing. Besides running to better his brand, I also think he wanted to get under Obama's skin a bit as retaliation re the 2011 WHCD, and wanted to be able to whine that 'the system is rigged' until taking his last breath.
Exactly this.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:11 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
We're supposed to feel sorry for Trump?

It's a damned hard job. Apparently there's a lot Trump didn't know about being president.
Who knew being POTUS could be so complicated?

Old 06-04-2018, 07:15 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'm inclined to agree with you.

I really don't think he planned on winning.

More so, it would be funny if his ego that made him run, then got him elected and now is under the spotlight, more so than ever before, brings him down.

He may have flown too close to the sun this time.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:18 PM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Aw, gee. Poor guy.

If he doesn't like the job, he could always quit.

Old 06-04-2018, 07:19 PM

5,725 posts, read 2,190,327 times
He sacrificed a lot to take the job. This country will be glad he did, we’re already seeing the benefits

Old 06-04-2018, 07:21 PM

469 posts, read 637,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Trump's son is simply explaining to everyone that Donald Trump was living a great life when he decided to put that on hold in favor of trying to make a difference in our country. Since that day, his life has been in a state of constant flex and turmoil, which is to be expected for pretty much anyone who decides to run for the most powerful position in our nation. I think he's trying to make people understand that this experience has not been all fun and games for Trump, as many of his opposition seem to believe. He ran because he genuinely thought he could help with some of the things that were going wrong in our country. At least, that is the message Eric is trying to get across to the American people. Of course, this story of strife will fall on deaf ears when it comes to those on the left who utterly despise him. Never the less, that is the message Eric intended to get across to everyone. He's basically saying he didn't have to do this, he did it to make a difference. And he has achieved that goal, to the relief of some and the horror of others. Either way, that is the intent of this article, so there's no need to try to spin it in any other way.

That is exactly Eric's intent when he is saying this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies