Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2018, 01:03 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,495,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Seems like Bent is Bent toward thinking that human beings do everything perfectly. The news that people who do a lot of things...have some fail or overturned...isn't exactly an enlightenment.

The only people who don't fail at things are those who do nothing.
I though failing was a good thins. Like bankruptcies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2018, 01:10 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
What the hell?

https://twitter.com/C_Sommerfeldt/st...98249246003209

Old 06-15-2018, 01:11 PM

26,573 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
When Trump declared “Manafort has nothing to do with our campaign”, he showed the public how profoundly delusional (and/or mendacious) he is.

"Nobody should underestimate how much Paul Manafort did to really help get this [Trump] campaign to where it is right now,"

-Newt Gingrich, August 2016

Old 06-15-2018, 01:15 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
I though failing was a good thins. Like bankruptcies.
Nope - bankruptcies are failures that cost others.

I recently "failed" to make a patent and invention I created pay off. I spent hundreds of thousands in the effort....and then decided I didn't have the ambition and energy to follow it through. So I sold what I had and ended up with perhaps a small loss (maybe 50K) and had worked hard for free for a couple years.

I didn't stick the taxpayers with a dime. In fact, through the strange ways of accounting, there wasn't even any (or much) tax benefit to me losing all that money and time.

I failed...and I ate it. Bankruptcy is often a way to make your vendors and banks and investors eat it.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:17 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
What the hell?
oh good lord.

Rudy's having a heck of a day

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1007703317676478464

Old 06-15-2018, 01:25 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post

“I don’t understand the justification for putting him in jail,” Giuliani, 74, said. “You put a guy in jail if he’s trying to kill witnesses, not just talking to witnesses.”

Old 06-15-2018, 01:40 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Question - DId Weiner spend a decade taking millions of dollars from foreign governments to work for actions which were/are against US Policies? Was he working as the top-top person in Hillarys campaign while doing this?

Remember Sesame Street...."one of these things is not like the other". Pictures of a bulge in your pants is not the same as working against US Interests, Laundering vast amounts of money...and doing so while in POTUS election campaigns as top staff.

False equivalencies are something we all have to watch out for. Stealing a car and what Manafort did are not the same level. Even smuggling a kilo of heroin and Manafort are not the same thing....Manafort didn't "make a mistake"....his entire life is clearly a scheme to make Russia great again for cash...which he didn't even pay US Taxes on.

BIG DIFFERENCE.
Oh, Good Grief.
This is not Sesame Street. This is America. We do not indict by zip code and do not indict by association.
If Trump has done something, prosecute Trump. If Manafort has done something, prosecute Manafort.

Your whining about "Manaforst worked for Trump for 2 months, therefore Trump is guilty" may work in China, but in America it does not work.

Get evidence. Then prosecute.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:48 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
“I don’t understand the justification for putting him in jail,” Giuliani, 74, said. “You put a guy in jail if he’s trying to kill witnesses, not just talking to witnesses.”
Um, no.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:52 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CK78 View Post
My take is correct.

We are turning into a communist state.

Any one who doesn't have guns or gives them up is a fool looking for a death warrant.

The time will come when they'll do things hot and not just through total corruption and criminality.
Wow. Now we're a communist state for sending Manafort to jail because he didn't abide by the terms of his bail. Geez.

Old 06-15-2018, 01:52 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Oh, Good Grief.
This is not Sesame Street. This is America. We do not indict by zip code and do not indict by association.
If Trump has done something, prosecute Trump. If Manafort has done something, prosecute Manafort.

Your whining about "Manaforst worked for Trump for 2 months, therefore Trump is guilty" may work in China, but in America it does not work.

Get evidence. Then prosecute.
Despite what Trump would like you to believe, Manafort worked for the Trump campaign for almost 5 months. Not 2 months. How relevant that is may be open to interpretation, but facts are still facts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies