Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2018, 09:22 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
But you know men like that are. They somehow feel they are above it all.
Lol. We are above it all...and women hate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Lol. We are above it all...and women hate it.
Oh are you a man like Clinton -- I would never have accused you off that...but if you put yourself in that basket -- ok -- lol.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:24 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
In regards to your comment about it not mattering if it was consensual:

I don't know the exact history of how their relationship started. If she "showed Bill her thong" or whatever. But, IF she was attracted to the President and let him know it and he pursued - it is consensual. Some of the #MeToo movement has been about unwanted advances and harassment such as people in power pressuring women in exchange for furthering or not ruining their career.

I still think Clinton (pick two) are scumbags. I'm not saying if Monica wore a thong it means she should have been subject to Bill's advances. But if she wore a thong and purposefully showed it off to get his attention in order to pursue a relationship, that's slightly different and doesn't exactly fit the bill in the #MeToo movement.

For the record, I commonly vote Democrat. I thought Clinton should have been convicted in 1998 and I was disappointed that 0 senators voted for conviction during the impeachment trial. That was a low point in my support for the party.

Oh, I'm also a guy so I'd welcome some corrective education on the #MeToo movement if I don't get it.
For the record, it was clearly consensual.

Read my previous post to this as I was just giving an example of how it creates a hostile workplace for the other interns that see Monica moving ahead with opportunities they're not having etc. etc. (Post #30)

Old 06-05-2018, 09:25 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Considering his history with women shouldn’t he sit this one out ?

I like the #MeToo movement; it’s way overdue,” Clinton said. “It doesn’t mean I agree with everything. I still have some questions about some of the decisions that have been made.”

Melvin said he was not trying to present a side. Clinton, clearly annoyed with the line of questioning, said he has already “apologized to everybody in the world.” The NBC News reporter then asked if he has apologized directly to Lewinsky.

“I have not talked to her,” Clinton said. “I did say publicly on more than once occasion that I was sorry.”

Melvin shot back, “You don’t think a private apology is owed?”

Defiant Clinton draws JFK comparison after Lewinsky questions, says he likes #MeToo movement | Fox News
All I heard was "yadda, yadda , yadda, when I left the WH I was $16 million in debt"

So, 17 years ago he was $16 million in debt, now he is supposedly worth $80 million... that is one F$#K of a recovery !

Old 06-05-2018, 09:27 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
All I heard was "yadda, yadda , yadda, when I left the WH I was $16 million in debt"

So, 17 years ago he was $16 million in debt, now he is supposedly worth $80 million... that is one F$#K of a recovery !
Yeah what business did the Clinton’s start ?

Oh yeah the Clinton “foundation “. A pay for play business.

I have more respect for people that earned money by running an actual business providing a product or service ...
not using their influence/celebrity to make $125-350k to make a freaking speech . It’s like when those Vegas clubs pay a celebrity a bunch of money to show up .

“The Clintons used one simple strategy to climb out of the multi-million dollar hole: They focused on earning. In his first year out of office, Bill gave 57 speeches and earned $13.7 million from his "speaking and writing" business, according to their tax return. A single speech generated anywhere from $125,000, the standard fee, to $350,000, NPR notes.”

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/04/the-...5-million.html

Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Considering his history with women shouldn’t he sit this one out ?

I like the #MeToo movement; it’s way overdue,” Clinton said. “It doesn’t mean I agree with everything. I still have some questions about some of the decisions that have been made.”

Melvin said he was not trying to present a side. Clinton, clearly annoyed with the line of questioning, said he has already “apologized to everybody in the world.” The NBC News reporter then asked if he has apologized directly to Lewinsky.

“I have not talked to her,” Clinton said. “I did say publicly on more than once occasion that I was sorry.”

Melvin shot back, “You don’t think a private apology is owed?”

Defiant Clinton draws JFK comparison after Lewinsky questions, says he likes #MeToo movement | Fox News
So Bill seems to believe in "Fake" news. Most of his answers were geared toward telling the Today Show anchor that he was spewing some "Fake" old news.

Old 06-05-2018, 09:36 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Bill Clinton : “I like the #metoo movement, it’s way overdue”

TRANSLATION: "The statute of limitations has finally run out."

Old 06-05-2018, 09:41 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Bill Clinton : “I like the #metoo movement, it’s way overdue”

TRANSLATION: "The statute of limitations has finally run out."
Well slick Willy is a trained lawyer , Yale law school like his wifey Hill .

They know the law and how to get around the laws .

Old 06-05-2018, 09:49 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
For the record, it was clearly consensual.

Read my previous post to this as I was just giving an example of how it creates a hostile workplace for the other interns that see Monica moving ahead with opportunities they're not having etc. etc. (Post #30)
If the president of the U.S.A can use his power to pound an intern barely of age and it's ok because he says "she's a *****," and his wife says "she was a *****" then what kind of example is that?

An intern would probably feel pretty much done for in that field if she declined. That is why people of power shouldn't proposition young new employees. Bill saw that as an opportunity, and that is what's wrong with it. "Young new interns will want to screw me because I'm so powerful." Taking advantage of his working position for some sex. Not cool. He's no better than the rest, he isn't any different.

Old 06-05-2018, 10:00 AM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
If the president of the U.S.A can use his power to pound an intern barely of age and it's ok because he says "she's a *****," and his wife says "she was a *****" then what kind of example is that?

An intern would probably feel pretty much done for in that field if she declined. That is why people of power shouldn't proposition young new employees. Bill saw that as an opportunity, and that is what's wrong with it. "Young new interns will want to screw me because I'm so powerful." Taking advantage of his working position for some sex. Not cool. He's no better than the rest, he isn't any different.
It doesn't seem like she was the only one going to the oval office. Secret service says otherwise. Monica was jealous because he had other women and she naively thought she was the only one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies